• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Most Controversial Thing About Bully...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the game refers to soda as "pop". I'm truly offended! Time to start a petition and call Jack Thompson...

KINGMOKU

andrewjnyc said:
I can't believe the game refers to soda as "pop". I'm truly offended! Time to start a petition and call Jack Thompson...
In Michigan All soft drinks are refered to as "pop".

Soda is selzter water here. Same people who call thier soft drinks soda, are the same people who call thier nikes "sneakers".

Tennis shoes, and pop. Not, Sneakers, and soda.

Raistlin

andrewjnyc said:

I'm from Buffalo ... what's this soda thing you keep talking about?

BTW - If you are going to use the short-hand form ... Pop is correct, not soda.

Technically, soda now is a superset that incorporates beverages that come in the non-carbonated variety; loganberry, etc. … and carbonated beverages; cola, etc.

When one wants to use a single word to describe either subset, the colloquialism is for soda to represent no carbonation, and pop to represent carbonated ones.

The history stems from the original artificial drinks being termed sodas … and much later similar beverages added carbonation – they were dubbed soda pop.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
YOU DID NOT JUST BRING THAT UP.

Soda/Pop is like religion... it has nothing to do with logic, it's all about where you were brought up... I mean in the south they call most soft drinks "Coke", regardless of whether it is a cola or not.

Don't talk about it... it can only end in bloodshed.

D-X

Did someone say Soda Pop?

thumbnail_craigdavid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom