• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most hilariously awful game (and voice acting) I've ever seen. Sniper 2 for PS2.

This is the funniest game I've ever seen. The video gets better the longer it goes on.

https://youtu.be/pNgkpEyoiMI

3laX_l.gif

F51e0U.gif

YHaZmw.gif

6fXVAf.gif

The Sniper 2 was released as part of the PS2 Simple 2000 series as Vol. 16 as The Sniper 2: Bullet of Nightmare. Apparently it's a sequel to the PS1 Simple Series 1500 Vol. 56 The Sniper released only in Japan. The Simple Series was budget line of titles by D3 Publisher whose price in yen was represented in the line. It's where the Onechanbara and Earth Defense Force series originated as well as that game about that giant girl in a bikini destroying a city. Midas Interactive Entertainment published it in Europe along with several other Simple titles.

cover.jpg

312541_back.jpg
T1rKzgFjddXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Honestly I'm amazed that not only was such a game localized but they actually added English voice-acting.

I definitely need to track down a copy of this down.

Edit:

Full Playthrough only an hour and 12 minutes.

The uploader of the video linked in the OP also used to have a separate video for the "secret ending" of the game. It was batshit insane and cannot be described in words.

The original The Sniper is good for a laugh too. That soundtrack...

Edit 2:

Available as a PS2 Classic on PS3 in the PAL PSN store:
The game is actually available on the PS3 store and the official description mention aliens! Those were not in the secret ending so I'm real curious.

That's one of the most shocking CG to in-game visuals shifts that i've ever seen

sniperc4xzr.png

sniper1cxl75.png

The girl in particular is weird as she goes from looking like someone in her early 20's to looking like a kid.

Glowsquid

The uploader of the video linked in the OP also used to have a separate video for the "secret ending" of the game. It was batshit insane and cannot be described in words.

Manu

That's one of the most shocking CG to in-game visuals shifts that i've ever seen

sniperc4xzr.png

sniper1cxl75.png

The girl in particular is weird as she goes from looking like someone in her early 20's to looking like a kid.

Looks pretty standard for PS1 era games.

LOL

Whoever wrote this script has been living in the darkest timeline for a long, long time.

CA: ”Oh, him—you know who he is?"
Harry: ”No. But he smells the way I do."

Fury451

Banned
I have shockingly never heard of this.

And this is pretty bad, maybe even worse than House of the Dead 2. That's no small task

Goddamn, I was going to post this in response to OP's claim of Sniper 2 holding the crown. You cannot beat a game where the CEO just brought in family members to voice characters. I will, however, be keeping Sniper 2 in my back pocket to give people a good laugh.

Oh I agree Chaos Wars (and several other games are worse). I really meant that the game Sniper 2 is the most hilariously awful game I've seen and wanted do highlight the voice acting in the title but had to edit it down to fit.

bomblord1

Banned

sniperc4xzr.png

sniper1cxl75.png

The in game visuals look better IMO which is really weird because it is a technical downgrade. I guess it's because it loses the uncanny valley effect.

Espada

Oh I agree Chaos Wars (and several other games are worse). I really meant that the game Sniper 2 is the most hilariously awful game I've seen and wanted do highlight the voice acting in the title but had to edit it down to fit.

The text on screen warned me about the audio mixing on that Stanley scene, but I was not prepared. I burst out laughing at how bad it was on top of the deteriorating VA work.

Tizoc

Chaos Wars has a JP ver., unless the overall gameplay is bad...nope.
Sniper 2 wins the crown of being worse.
At least it's short and funny.

HotHamBoy

You know what isn't hilarious?

The lame-ass editorializing by the uploader. Ruined the video, couldn't get through it.

You know what isn't hilarious?

The lame-ass editorializing by the uploader. Ruined the video, couldn't get through it.

Would have been much funnier without the editing, really.

Yeah I agree but I felt it's better than having commentary over it which is what a lot of the other videos on YouTube about Sniper 2 have.

It highlighted a lot of the absurd moments in a pretty concise timeframe.

Gulz1992

sniperc4xzr.png

sniper1cxl75.png

If you were to have told me that this was a PS1 game, I would have not doubted you one bit.

Considering Sniper 2 shows scenes from Sniper 1 in the beginning it seems the plots were pretty connected.

So disappointing Sniper 1 isn't in English. It is hilarious how they kept the 2 when released in Europe.

kandi

Neo Member
The worst VA are in the german version of Raven Squad. Bad dialogue, strange accents and unbelievably bad accentuation.

Top Bottom