• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Munsters VS the Addams family

782rm9Z.jpg

This is a great question.

If they fought Id give the edge to the Addams family. Herman and Lurch cancel each other out. Yes Grandpa was a vampire but Fester would know how to deal with him. That leaves Lilly, the son and daughter vs Morticia, Gomez, Wednesday, Pugsley, and Thing. Addams Family by a landslide.

Things are much closer in the hotties category though. Morticia is a babe but Lilly and the daughter have her beat. Advantage Munsters.

Both equally entertaining.

So tie in my book.

GV82

Munsters for me, always loved the spin on the classic Universal Monsters.

I love old Addams Family Black & White series too, just wasn’t a fan of the 90’s Addams Family movies, though I cannot deny Raul Julia is superb as Gomez.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Addams Family are so badass. The movies are wonderful and the tv show is still funny. Og Morticia is the best

cj76.jpg

my favorite episode is when Lurch becomes an unlikely teenage idol. His songs are eerie groaning over harpsichord but he still becomes a pop star

Last edited:

kunonabi

Both shows were great but I'd still give the edge to Addams Family. Munsters had a better cast in terms of numbers as I always felt that TV Fester, Wednesday, and Pugsley were kind of dead weight but Morticia, Gomez, and Lurch were just on another level compared to the Munsters cast.

teezzy

Banned
The Munsters are much more my speed: campier and less sophisticated than The Addams Family.

Munsters were actual monsters while Addams Family were more eccentric than anything. Grandpa and Herman had some awesome one liners with solid delivery. I own the Munsters DVD box set still. Fun times to slap a disc in every so often.

h4X56EK.gif

Cravis

Dang this is like asking me which kid I love better.

I will say the Munsters has the better family car

0D8Dpea.jpg

Anyone here catch the pilot for the Munsters reboot, Mockingbird Lane? I actually enjoyed it, wished it would have gotten picked up. It was different enough and wasn’t trying to copy the original tit for tat like other awful reboots.

Top Bottom