• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Rezbit

Apr 1, 2007
Happy to be proven wrong. I was impressed with Handscomb in the summer, and that's only grown now. Looks a star.

bobnowhere

May 27, 2010
Canberra, Australia
Thought the mail was that Lyon has a finger issue with his spinning hand. Might be him?

Yeah, I'd heard Swepson in for Lyon but if the last test is a green top you'd have to go for Bird.

Amazing backdrop, maybe even better than Newlands

Jan 10, 2015
Thought the mail was that Lyon has a finger issue with his spinning hand. Might be him?

Finger issue or "finger issue"?

Yeah, I'd heard Swepson in for Lyon but if the last test is a green top you'd have to go for Bird.

Amazing backdrop, maybe even better than Newlands

If I were a selector Pattinson would be in India and starting on Saturday, but what do I know?

Swepson will go either one of two ways.

tri_willy

Jan 9, 2008
Aussies doing ok until Warner got dismissed by the debutant...

Idiot commentator saying Marsh has been in great form... WTF are they smoking

kmag

Aug 27, 2012
Shaun Marsh failing on an absolute road, there's a shocker. I wouldn't say Australia are in a bit of trouble, but they require a high score first up and 153-3 isn't terrible but it's also now not good. If Australia lose another wicket before 200 they're in real trouble especially if it's Smith, they need 400+ plus first up, probably more this looks a high scoring pitch. Maxwell, Wade and then the bowlers isn't a massive amount of reliable batting after these two.

kmag

Aug 27, 2012
That Australian middle order is absolutely pathetic. This test is done, very difficult to lose a test in a hour on the first day from 130 odd for 1 at lunch but they've somehow managed it.

Jan 10, 2015
It's like Smith is batting with tailenders after the fall of the 4th wicket.

Australia may have scored a moral victory in the 3rd Test but they failed to see the writing on the wall.

Jan 10, 2015
The only certain thing about this match is there will be a result,
barring a massive Himalayan avalanche.

Still can't see the Aussies prevailing.

Rezbit

Apr 1, 2007
But it's not like this is even a crazy, typically Indian track. He's just poo.

EDIT: Yeah feel like this one is done now.

Rezbit

Apr 1, 2007
Game will be finished tonight. Pretty pathetic that this is on the most Australian-like of the pitches too.