• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Pokémon starters seem to be developing quite the fan art following....

tumblr_o707n5jXxU1qdmqqho1_400.jpg

There's been a fair amount of Kill la Kill crossover art on tumblr

The owl is cute, but the other designs suck.

Of course the fan arts have real artists doing their own take on them and they look better, but don't be fooled. I mean look at those original pictures. Ugly. The bear/seal thing is awful and what's with the design on the cat's head? Ick.

i bet you're one of those guys that likes those soulless unreal engine Zelda remake trailers.

RagnarokX

The owl is cute, but the other designs suck.

Of course the fan arts have real artists doing their own take on them and they look better, but don't be fooled. I mean look at those original pictures. Ugly. The bear/seal thing is awful and what's with the design on the cat's head? Ick.

In addition to it looking like the alchemic symbol for sulfur, lots of cats have markings on their heads like that. See tabby and tiger.

Dee Dee

"unshits katana" rowlet is god tier

For all the poop jokes in this thread, this post surprisingly enough is not quoted very often...

Owl.
Cat.
Seal.

Poor Popplio never had a chance... I mean, my aunt collects stuff with cute owls on it. The internet loves owls. And cats, holy macaroni.
Poor sealmon.

i bet you're one of those guys that likes those soulless unreal engine Zelda remake trailers.

Nope, just one of those guys who likes good designs.. Like Pokemon before they became sterile with stripes and circles and nonsensical flat stickers instead of fur, scales, etc.

Ezalc

I remember when gen 6 started people were shitting on froakie left and right and all jumping on the chespin badnwagon. A lot of people eating crow when Greninja showed up.

That said I agree that popplio is the weakest of the three so far and this comes as somebody that usually picks the water starter. I'm going to wait to see their final evos before passing any judgement though.

They look fine individually, but they're nowhere near as iconic as Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, or even the Gen 2/3/4 starters.

Aesthetically they're probably better than the Unova and Kalos starters, but even those mediocre trios looked really good together.

Because the gen 1 starters were the original. Don't try to pretend Litten is somehow less creative than Charmeleon.

Pizza

just like X/Y I like the shitty water starter the best

Which means my boy the clown seal is gonna fuckin get ripped and fuck shit up in smash bros 5

Actually this game is making me want a 2DS despite having a 3DS XL already

Top Bottom