• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New PS Vita - Available for Pre-Order tomorrow

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
If the rumored price is really that high then they might as well not even bother. The hardcore will stick with the OLEDs they already bought a year~ ago and whoever they want to buy this new model won't due to price!

LAA

I'm surprised the PS4 is only 1.5:1.0 with X1. I guess 0.5 is a lot though in the grand scale of things.

Damn at £140 for OG Vita with all that. Please have a cheaper vita without the games... I don't need them, ha ha.

EDIT: Ha ha a Vita game announcement already? You sure were right PSBlog... Shame I'm bothered about Invisimals, may help kids get on the system though.

Hasney

I'm surprised the PS4 is only 1.5:1.0 with X1. I guess 0.5 is a lot though in the grand scale of things.

Damn at £140 for OG Vita with all that. Please have a cheaper vita without the games... I don't need them, ha ha.

EDIT: Ha ha a Vita game announcement already? You sure were right PSBlog... Shame I'm bothered about Invisimals, may help kids get on the system though.

Software is 3:1 though, noted in the briefing.

chrislowe

Well, I bought a OLED 3g this week and the screen looks good. Its very very bright and the white on the oled makes the white on my ipad and note 2 look more yellowish/blueish.

So far so good, but then it makes my hand hurt while trying to play games on it.
So I can really only play for 30minutes a go.
If the new one feels better then I would have gotten it instead.

Batterytime is not a problem since i never play for that long, but then the new one is better since it has usb-connector if you need to charge it at work or in your car.
The old one you need to have your specialcable with you.

Another thing with the new model
Lack of 3g these days isnt a problem with free wifi hotspots or just share network with your mobile.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Is it the Vita 2000 or something completly new?

RIP OLED...

Can someone explain to me the whole 1000/2000 thing? I live in the netherlands and all the ads for psvita just advertise the 'PSVITA'

I went to the sony support site and checked out how to identify which one you have and they list model numbers starting with PCH. However all the local suppliers seem to only list SKU codes. Confused. Are the 2000 series even available in europe?

Hasney

Can someone explain to me the whole 1000/2000 thing? I live in the netherlands and all the ads for psvita just advertise the 'PSVITA'

I went to the sony support site and checked out how to identify which one you have and they list model numbers starting with PCH. However all the local suppliers seem to only list SKU codes. Confused. Are the 2000 series even available in europe?

1000 is the model currently for sale

2000 is a new model announced this second with no OLED screen but slimmer design.

LAA

Wow so price was true, didn't want to believe that.
£180...

Well if they re-included the OLED perhaps, if not, not really happy with that sadly.

Hasney

I can't imagine the thinking here. You can find the 1000 everywhere for £150, a memory card and some games and it's still not selling, so they think people have just been crying out for a slimmer model so much they'll pay a premium for it? It just seems insane that someone thought this was a good idea.

mrjohill

Y'all should have made it 150. You have to compete. You make all these great decisions with the ps4 but whenever the vita is involved y'all find ways to give people reasons not to buy it

LAA

Y'all should have made it 150. You have to compete. You make all these great decisions with the ps4 but whenever the vita is involved y'all find ways to give people reasons not to buy it

Ha ha thats exactly what I was thinking. They literally could do no wrong around the time with PS4, but with Vita... I wouldn't say its a disaster, but its not good either.

Just read IGN's post on it, love how they say "cheaper model", its not cheaper... ha ha.

Robin64

£180 for a Vita with a worse screen? No ta.

Didn't realise half the stuff with that £140 Vita was PSP software, though. Better look for another bundle.

Hasney

They really should have just launched it in the current Vita bundles or new ones for £150 with a memory card and games. It's not universally regarded as an upgrade, so coming in solus at a higher price point is suicide.

£180 for a Vita with a worse screen? No ta.

Didn't realise half the stuff with that £140 Vita was PSP software, though. Better look for another bundle.
Yeah none of the software in that £140 bundle is interesting. You'd still need to buy games, but it's not a bad deal either way.

I was looking out for good bundles with this new model but £180? Lulz.

Top Bottom