• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Office' Is Reportedly Set to be Rebooted With Original Showrunner Attached

Pejo

Who knows, maybe it could be funny? I'm laughing just at the thought that they could do a show like The Office in today's political climate, so there's 1 laugh before the show is even officially announced.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I hope it's not as bad as that remake they did over in England
A2ZXruc.gif

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Gervais laughing all the way to the bank, again.

Put me in the "oh god, please something new" camp.

Given how Parks and Rec was so similar and hit a lot of the same notes, why not just create something new in a similar style?

I've just written and deleted an essay on why the US version was in a much better position than a reboot would be now, but here's the heavily abridged version.

The US version didn't have to match up to a well known domestic version of one of the most popular shoes of the last 20 years at launch and took at least a series to find it's feet, the show benefits massively from the cast and characterisation being so good, the stature of the show benefits from the show's extended run - you can't introduce 15 characters in a couple of episodes and expect people to like them all, but The Office benefits from 200 episodes and 20 characters that everyone knows well enough to be able to confidently say exactly how smaller characters like Toby, Kevin and Creed will react to a particular event. To some degree, The Office feels like it might be too big to take on - too many characters, too many Episodes, too many perfect castings. That feels like a lot for a new show to tackle.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom