• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Office: Top 50 episodes

Composer

The Office is my favorite show of all time. I can't get enough of it. I pretty much just leave it on 24/7, especially when I'm working from home. When I started my journey as a filmmaker, I looked to The Office (other mockumentaries such as This is Spinal Tap, and Best in Show) as a model for films. Really you can't go wrong with any epsiode. Even after Michael Scott's departure, the show remained worthwhile, and great minus a couple of episodes. There are amazing gems in Season 8 and 9 for those who gave up after Michael Scott.

Last edited:

Manus

Dinner Party is my favorite episode. Second favorite is probably season two's Christmas episode.

Seasons 1 through 4 are too class. After that goes down hill.

SoulUnison

Banned
Dinner Party is my favorite episode.

I don't get why Dinner Party is such a beloved episode. I find it deeply sad.
Michael can't even feel safe or comfortable in his own home.

Jan's behavior is extreme textbook domestic and emotional abuse. She's a monster.

Last edited:

MC Safety

I don't get why Dinner Party is such a beloved episode. I find it deeply sad.
Michael can't even feel safe or comfortable in his own home.

Jan's behavior is extreme textbook domestic and emotional abuse. She's a monster.

It's certainly one of those episodes that's hard to watch. I think The Office is oftentimes brilliant, but I'm not a fan of the episodes built around people being uncomfortable in awkward or embarrassing situations.

I did like the bit about Michael and the ice cream man in Dinner Party.

Porcile

Scott's Tots is just one of those stupid memey things people on the internet like to overreact about. That episode is funny but maybe I'm just mean spirited.

eloestmn

Scott's Tots is just one of those stupid memey things people on the internet like to overreact about. That episode is funny but maybe I'm just mean spirited.
Its funny and theres nothing wrong with you for finding it funny. Nothing is off-limits when it comes to comedy. If people dont like a bit of cringe, thats cool...they just need to realize they dont speak for the entire viewing public.

bitbydeath

The one where Michael hits Meredith with the car is probably one of my favs. If I remember right they added it into the intro which made it very unpredictable.

TwiztidElf

Good list for the most part.

Glad to see "Dinner Party" high.
Pam and Jims desperation. Jans insanity. Andys obliviousness. Angelas abruptness. It all comes together so perfectly. All the actors smash it.

"Gay Witch Hunt" is too low at 16.
And "Threat Level Midnight" at 37? Whaaat?

Top Bottom