• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ask Slayven Thread / Honour Thy Slayven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

If you could have a beer with any comic character, then who? And if you could ask them only one question, then what?
Peter Parker - How do you punch so far above your weight?

I mean seriously, Gwen Stacy & Felicia Hardy alone are impressive, and that's only the tip of the iceberg. I mean, Mary-Jane is pretty much in universe the hottest woman in the Marvel Universe. Even The Thing, who lives with Sue "Jessica Alba isn't hot enough to be me" Storm drools just thinking about MJ.

IIRC, he has to teleport to a source of Ki. He searches for the ki of whoever he wants to travel to and instantly pops over once he gets a lock.
That's actually pretty cool.
Random books? How could you make sense of any continuity?
Who the fuck cares? I did the same thing. Stories are stories.
If you can keep up with the average weekly tv show you can keep up with comics, the continuity arguments are overstated
Preach.
Peter Park or Hank Pym

I couldn't just ask one question

Hank Pym - So what was your relationship like with your father?
Slayven is there a character more boring than Carol Danvers and why is it Hal Jordan?

Carol and Hal are the same.

It's Barry.

Barry Allen is the most boring big-name superhero in big two comics.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I mean seriously, Gwen Stacy & Felicia Hardy alone are impressive, and that's only the tip of the iceberg. I mean, Mary-Jane is pretty much in universe the hottest woman in the Marvel Universe. Even The Thing, who lives with Sue "Jessica Alba isn't hot enough to be me" Storm drools just thinking about MJ.

Been wouldn't lust after his bro's girl like that, he's a classy Yancy Street guy.

I dunno man. If MJ is the hottest, then Ororo Munroe is an incredibly close second.

IrishNinja

thought I'd bump & try this here:
reading older Panther stuff - any particular arcs from Preist or Hudlins run to hit up? any standout minis? I've got DOOMwar & a few others on deck

IrishNinja

The Client is a classic

And Man without fear is underrated

is the client the first priest arc? cause I'm a dozen issues into his run & digging it but not sure where to stop

and yeah I dug man without fear, but does hudlins run itself not hold up? I'd seen a few folks on here disparage coates' current stint & wanted to see the more popular take on dude

Slayven, hear me out, do you think Xavier and Magneto have the same mutation that manifested in different ways?

Xavier manipulates small electromagnetic fields to alter electron flow through people's synapses. He can alter memory, brain function, and even hijack motor neural control.

Magneto manipulates larger electromagnetic fields to manipulate metals...

Both have the mutant ability to manipulate electromagnetic fields but use the ability in completely different ways.

Xavier uses it like a scalpel while Magneto has a hatchet.

Would explain why Magneto would be the person to help build cerebro and could design a helmet to defend against Xavier.

Slayven

Slayven, hear me out, do you think Xavier and Magneto have the same mutation that manifested in different ways?

Xavier manipulates small electromagnetic fields to alter electron flow through people's synapses. He can alter memory, brain function, and even hijack motor neural control.

Magneto manipulates larger electromagnetic fields to manipulate metals...

Both have the mutant ability to manipulate electromagnetic fields but use the ability in completely different ways.

Xavier uses it like a scalpel while Magneto has a hatchet.

Would explain why Magneto would be the person to help build cerebro and could design a helmet to defend against Xavier.

No because the psychic mind can exist independent of the body in marvel. Magneto can do some of the things Professor can do, but Professor could never do some of the things Magneto do

Aizo

Banned
All right. I have to know. I've seen it joked about for so long, and I still don't get it.

Please explain the tag and where all the jokes about Asian women come from.

Alright Slay you have to create two super teams, one for DC and one for Marvel.

Criteria:

One non-powered
One energy-projector/manipulator
One brick-type
One magic-based
One tech-/science-based
One alien
One other of your choosing

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
'Cause Slay has no taste.

Countdown-to-Final-Crisis-13-Superboy-Prime-kill-you-to-death-Monarch.jpg

Slayven

Alright Slay you have to create two super teams, one for DC and one for Marvel.

Criteria:

One non-powered
One energy-projector/manipulator
One brick-type
One magic-based
One tech-/science-based
One alien
One other of your choosing
Marvel
Nighthawk
Sepulchre
Rage
Mechamage
Fixer
Lila the Lazerfist
Warlock

Dc
Detective Chimp
The Ray
Power Girl
Traci 13
Technocrat
A new Durlan character
A mew silver scarab
Slayven, why is your avatar the lame ass Superboy?

'Cause Slay has no taste.
Hush both of you

cromofo

idk if this is the right place to ask but what the hell:

I'm looking for a cartoon featuring(from what I remember) - Batman, Superman, Flash, possibly Spiderman and some female supeheroes/characters. I think it was a crossover or something.
I've watched it with my buddy when we were kids in the early 2000s.

I remember them being stuck in some place(i think it was green in color) and I remember Batman dying/getting left behind since I was always sad about it.

any ideas?

This question won't make much sense, but which mainstream superhero (Flash, Batman, Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc.) can survive the effects of either Ju-On/The Grudge/Kayako's Curse or The Ring/Sadako's curse? Survive = relinquishing the curse/ghost, surviving the ghost/curse, and/or dispelling the curse.

Both are curses, correct? Curses are in the magic area so the mainstream heroes who don't have any magical resistances/defenses will die eventually, right? What's a similar situation from the comics that comes close to this? Isn't both curses a test of willpower?

Like, for example, Barry Allen stumbles upon the video, watches it for plot reasons, gets the curse put on him. Can he (like the comics) just outrun death/a curse? How about Wonder Woman? She enters Kayako's house, encounters her malevolent form, can Diana just use her magical sword to rid of Kayako forever? Can she use the lasso of truth on a ghost? I can't even begin to imagine what happens if they try to put a curse on Hulk..... Like, will that even work?!

What say you, Comics-GAF and Japanese Horror-GAF?

Flash has outrun Black Flash, which is straight up Death.

Yup. Which should mean that Kayako/Sadako can't do shit to Flash. I wonder what Superman can do in both situations, but the dude does have good willpower. I can't see both doing shit to Thor honestly. Two ghosts against a God/Demi-God? Pfft, don't make Thor laugh.

You would think constantly outrunning a tireless ghost would drive you crazy. Like the Flash just wants to watch Netflix and that asshole comes out of the screen for the 1000th time. Getting away is trivial and quick but doing it over and over is insanity. I think it might be worse off than Flash outrunning death, he just one and done that, he's never done until he gets Dr. Fate or Constantine to roast the ghost.

Call literally anyone other than Constantine. He'll probably end up killing Lois Lane and maiming Jon just to remove Clark's curse.

On accident.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
This question won't make much sense, but which mainstream superhero (Flash, Batman, Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc.) can survive the effects of either Ju-On/The Grudge/Kayako's Curse or The Ring/Sadako's curse? Survive = relinquishing the curse/ghost, surviving the ghost/curse, and/or dispelling the curse.

Both are curses, correct? Curses are in the magic area so the mainstream heroes who don't have any magical resistances/defenses will die eventually, right? What's a similar situation from the comics that comes close to this? Isn't both curses a test of willpower?

Like, for example, Barry Allen stumbles upon the video, watches it for plot reasons, gets the curse put on him. Can he (like the comics) just outrun death/a curse? How about Wonder Woman? She enters Kayako's house, encounters her malevolent form, can Diana just use her magical sword to rid of Kayako forever? Can she use the lasso of truth on a ghost? I can't even begin to imagine what happens if they try to put a curse on Hulk..... Like, will that even work?!

What say you, Comics-GAF and Japanese Horror-GAF?

I mean, Doctor Strange would probably just shrug those off, as would most Sorcerers Supreme and adjacent (your Dooms and your Wongs). Doctor Fate could probably survive them, but perhaps not dispel them. The Ghost Rider would probably eat them.

Flash would drag Sadako into the speed force
Code:
[img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111229114/4825678-earth-2-025-(2014)-(digital)-(nahga-empire)-010.jpg[/img]
[img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111229114/4825679-earth-2-025-(2014)-(digital)-(nahga-empire)-011.jpg[/img]

I mean, Doctor Strange would probably just shrug those off, as would most Sorcerers Supreme and adjacent (your Dooms and your Wongs). Doctor Fate could probably survive them, but perhaps not dispel them. The Ghost Rider would probably eat them.

I figured as much for those mentioned. They do deal with magic and the supernatural most of the time. Sadako/Kayako would be small game to them. Thanks my dude.

Flash would drag Sadako into the speed force

True..... In the movies, Sadako isn't near incorporeal and is mostly a physical being. Seeing the Jay Garrick panels above, that's something all Flashes can do. I'm going to assume that once they enter the Speed Force, the curse is immediately broken.

How about Clark? What can he do to Sadako/Kayako? Can the Hulk (Banner) literally clap them out of existence? What about Bruce Wayne or Steve Rogers? Their willpower is nigh impossible to break, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom