• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the official drakensang thread of of of of of JESUS CHRIST GERMAN RPG (now on steam)

dunno how my radeon x1600 mobility will do, but it can't possibly be worse than an onboard graphics card. this just might scratch an itch i've been having.

God I would really love to get this game. But I got tooo many games to play and beat.

I will pick it up when I get the chance to though, it looks promising. Good post Drinky.

some screenies from my laptop (2.2 ghz p8400, 4 gb ram, 9800m gt 512mb video) -- no aa, medium shadows, 60 fps.

drakensang1.jpg

drakensang_2.jpg

drakensang_3.jpg

i also run it at a full 60 fps, everything enabled, 4x aa/af, 1920x1200 on my main rig which is a middle-of-the-road 3.0 ghz e6850, 4 gb ram, radeon 4870 1 gb video. i'll pop a few screens from it when i head down later -- i can get a few no-spoiler shots from later in the game, there.

mandiller

I thought this thread was about a German created Jesus RPG (presumably you go around saving people and leveling up your faith skill).

Ettie

Downloaded demo. Runs well, looks good. I'm in.

Seem to be 1 metric pant-load of class options. (in the full version)

pilonv1

Really enjoyed the demo.

Sadly I have to play at like 1368x768 on low detail with low shadows to get a frame rate around 50-60fps. If I go any higher resolution or details I end up with 20fps and it looks awful.

dejan

The sales for Drakensang in the german speaking territories were pretty good last year ... in fact they were so good, that dtp recently announced a prequel for 2010.

Minsc

Gold Member
Does the game world feel alive at all, like gothic? It sounds like the setting is as generic and plain as they come, but does the main quest / writing make up for it a little?

Mareg

Thats it ! I'll just ask one of my american friend to buy it on Amazon.com and ship it to me. FU!K CANADA, I hate YOU !!!! /nerdrage

Xater

Game is really good I already played the German release a few months back. I also made a thread for the German Demo. :lol

really dumb question: my characters have had the "rotten stink" (-3 CHA) status effect (you get when you fight an amoeba) for like half the game now -- how do i get rid of it?

larvi

Drinky Crow said:
some screenies from my laptop (2.2 ghz p8400, 4 gb ram, 9800m gt 512mb video) -- no aa, medium shadows, 60 fps.

img lotsofstats.jpg

Lots of numbers, now I'm getting interested. I did like the Arkania games. I wish you could create a whole party of chars though rather than just one. Do you have full control over the stats of your other party members at least?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Is there a connection to the Realms of Arkania games, or is this simply an homage to the gameplay?

RSLAEV

Is there spoken dialogue in the game? and if so can I opt for original german with english subtitles. My number one pet peeve with Euro games is non english speaking voice actors trying to hide their accent and failing miserably.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Kick ass. Blades of Destiny, Star Trail, and Shadows over Riva rocked.
Purchase confirmed, even though I know Sir-Tech is not involved.

Drinky Crow said:
really dumb question: my characters have had the "rotten stink" (-3 CHA) status effect (you get when you fight an amoeba) for like half the game now -- how do i get rid of it?

Have you tried swimming? Not even sure if you can in this game, but it's worked in other RPG's.

Ricker

larvi said:
Lots of numbers, now I'm getting interested. I did like the Arkania games. I wish you could create a whole party of chars though rather than just one. Do you have full control over the stats of your other party members at least?

Yes and yes there is spoken dialogue...the lenghty demo did anyway...I had 2 others helping me and i could mess around with some of their equipment,transfer stuff to one and another...maybe not full talent/skill stuff though,i can't remember.I know the last guy I had could lockpick open most of the chest where the 2 others failed all the time.

Ohhhhh this game, it's out on english already? PC gaming needs a centralized release announcement platform of some sorts.
Shit, too broke and I still haven't finished Kings Bounty.

larvi said:

yup, full control over their development.

bump for folks who have played it: how do i get rid of the "rotten stink" debuff from the amoebas?

thaOwner

Drinky Crow said:
yup, full control over their development.

bump for folks who have played it: how do i get rid of the "rotten stink" debuff from the amoebas?

Is your tag really "banned" or something ?

Red Scarlet

Drinky Crow said:

You're supposed to be who we all ask the questions about what to do in the game! PARADOX

pilonv1 said:
i would but its not out here :(

ign review up http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/956/956364p1.html

hilarious review exercpt:

That, sadly, is where I think the game's combats sort of fell apart. The turn-based rounds are all going on under the hood, but the whole presentation of the game is geared towards letting those battles play out in real time. The trouble is that, to play the game with as much tactical advantage as possible, you've got to stop and start the action every few rounds just to make sure that your characters are all doing what they should be doing at any one time.

Yeah, like BG2, NWN, NWN2, and every other party-based CRPG ever made, and they have terrible combat, right?

Second review (along with the 1up NWN2 review) I've read in the last few years where shitwit reviewers who have probably played no CRPG outside of Oblivion openly flaunt their complete lack of command of basic genre knowledge. Sean Elliot's Review Symposium would do well to look at this one as a good example why no genre fan takes reviews seriously anymore unless its written by someone with real street cred in the genre (like, say, Chick or Ocampo reviewing a RTS).

pilonv1

I posted the link before i read it. Seriously how do you play a CRPG without pausing the action? I can't imagine people playing this game not doing it.

aasoncott

Minsc said:
Does the game world feel alive at all, like gothic?

Damn, I loved Gothic and Gothic II. The screenshots I saw for this game raised my hopes... but it doesn't feel like Gothic at all. It seems like it's trying, but it doesn't really have the lived-in feel. Just judging from the demo, mind you.

As an aside -- is anyone else having trouble figuring out how the game wants to be controlled? If I click to move, the camera makes me feel like the game was supposed to be played with WASD (or in this game, QWES). If I play with the keyboard, the lack of mouse-look makes me feel like it was supposed to be played with clicking to move.

that is a horrid horrid review.

bt: the crafting is a lot like that in nwn2 -- you find a recipe, collect the components, and make sure your crafting skill is at a decent level. it's a good way to get kit -- well, weaponry -- ahead of the curve.

Zzoram

Prime crotch said:
Ohhhhh this game, it's out on english already? PC gaming needs a centralized release announcement platform of some sorts.
Shit, too broke and I still haven't finished Kings Bounty.

STEAM announces all the games that just released, any sales, pre-order bonuses, and has a tab for games coming soon.

$30 on STEAM and I'll be there day 1.

Zzoram

Fragamemnon said:
hilarious review exercpt:

Yeah, like BG2, NWN, NWN2, and every other party-based CRPG ever made, and they have terrible combat, right?

Second review (along with the 1up NWN2 review) I've read in the last few years where shitwit reviewers who have probably played no CRPG outside of Oblivion openly flaunt their complete lack of command of basic genre knowledge. Sean Elliot's Review Symposium would do well to look at this one as a good example why no genre fan takes reviews seriously anymore unless its written by someone with real street cred in the genre (like, say, Chick or Ocampo reviewing a RTS).

Wow, since when did they allow monkeys to review games? That's a staple of the genre, and now it's a negative?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Drinky Crow said:
that is a horrid horrid review.

bt: the crafting is a lot like that in nwn2 -- you find a recipe, collect the components, and make sure your crafting skill is at a decent level. it's a good way to get kit -- well, weaponry -- ahead of the curve.

That sounds delicious and at $30, its definitely a buy I'm gonna make this week.

pilonv1 said:
OMG

wonder if its coming to steam?

I assume it will, although GG does maintain a huge library of games not found on Steam. So far I'm getting 500kb-1mb though (a huge improvement over my previous GG experience) so I'm happy.

Top Bottom