• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the OFFICIAL GAF Madden X-box Tournament II:

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
dskillzhtown said:
I am the Broncos. I guess 9 your time is good. Providing there is not anything. That would be 10 my time (Central).
That sounds good to me man. I will be on at 9 my time and I will check here for a confirmation from you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How early can you play on Saturday Ramirez? I may be able to lug my Xbox to a friend's house and use his connection. The only problem would be me actually waking up. ;p

KingV

hey I'm on now, sent you a message. just waiting for you to finish your game. not a big deal. got laundry to fold anyway.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh. I got killed....... Again.

I always check everyones career and make comments about how much people blitz. I even wont play some people cause they blitz so much. Then I check my own career and.................I blitz like 43% of the time. What the heck?!?! I didn't think I blitz that much. No wonder I get chewed up by short passes. Dang. I had no idea. LoL

Good game dskillztown.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
One of these days, my Saints will advance deep into a GA tourney. But not today. gg CK

KingV

Damn, seeded against slo again, and lost to Slo again. At least this time, it wasn't a complete blowout. I threw three INTs WHICH did not help. I didn't notice how nasty the WR on the Viking are the last time I played them either. Damn, they chewed my secondary alive. it was like the passing game was opening up the running game for him.

Slo

Those interceptions were HUGE. If it weren't for them, I'm sure you would have beat me, and you probably deserved to. I stacked the line in a 4-3 Over and blitzed my outside linbackers all game and I still couldn't stop the run. I only scored one offensive touchdown which was on the first drive of the game, and from that point on the Skins D shut me down. One of those INTs gave me an easy field goal right before half, the next I took back for a TD late in the game and the last one ended your final drive.

It was a very fun game.

Final Score: 16-10

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:

I always check everyones career and make comments about how much people blitz. I even wont play some people cause they blitz so much. Then I check my own career and.................I blitz like 43% of the time. What the heck?!?! I didn't think I blitz that much. No wonder I get chewed up by short passes. Dang. I had no idea. LoL

Good game dskillztown.

Well, the definition of a blitz is to send more men in on a rush than whatever is on the D-Line. I don't particularly blitz to focus in on pass rush, as my defensive line is good enough to create sacks on their own, I do send them in to stop the run though. Played a game with Guileless last night, and he had Deuce McAllister, so I was more worried about trying to stop him for a loss than hitting Aaron Brooks. I'd never blitz heavily against say, the Vikings or the Chiefs, 'cause I know I will get burned.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Truelize said:

Good game dskillztown.

Good game. I had fun playing and I was having a hard time getting the run going in the first half.

KingV

Slo said:
Those interceptions were HUGE. If it weren't for them, I'm sure you would have beat me, and you probably deserved to. I stacked the line in a 4-3 Over and blitzed my outside linbackers all game and I still couldn't stop the run. I only scored one offensive touchdown which was on the first drive of the game, and from that point on the Skins D shut me down. One of those INTs gave me an easy field goal right before half, the next I took back for a TD late in the game and the last one ended your final drive.

It was a very fun game.

Final Score: 16-10

That was a good game. For a minute there I thought I might pull it out at the end.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Slo,I can play anytime tonight? You set the time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thats good,I'll see ya online then.

Ramirez

Fine by me...I just hope it works since your goin to all of the trouble of that =\ If it doesn't I'll withdraw.

Fifty

Fannnnnntastic. I'm up against Dskillz at the end of the first QTR, 14-0...He has been having just awful luck. My first TD was a fumble return yadda yadda yadda. I get a DDE. I'm guessing that gave me a disconnection and him the win, and he's playing the CPU right now, I don't know....arghh. I had one DDE prior to this, offline, but in my 55+ games online not a single fucking one. If I had this problem often I'd just get a new Xbox, or get it fixed. But once in 60 games? Fuck.

dskillzhtown

Fifty said:
Fannnnnntastic. I'm up against Dskillz at the end of the first QTR, 14-0...He has been having just awful luck. My first TD was a fumble return yadda yadda yadda. I get a DDE. I'm guessing that gave me a disconnection and him the win, and he's playing the CPU right now, I don't know....arghh. I had one DDE prior to this, offline, but in my 55+ games online not a single fucking one. If I had this problem often I'd just get a new Xbox, or get it fixed. But once in 60 games? Fuck.

That game sucked all around. I had that fumble, then like 3 dropped passes. Then the DDE hit. If EA gives me the win, we can do a rematch just for grins later.

Matrix

Fifty said:

I told you the other day that you were cursed right now....guess I was 100% right.

Fifty

No, now I'm REALLY cursed. :p

Fifty "He loses when it counts"

It was I who had the bad luck this game. I hope Al "Superman" Wilson gets hit by a truck tomorrow. The Ravens are by far the worst team in the game to have to go 4 wide with, or on a third and long passing down. Fucking shit. 4 minute qtrs are weak shit.

dskillzhtown

We replayed the game, I won 20-7. But EA had already given me the win from the first game. So I guess it didn't matter anyway. GG Fifty.

Matrix

To beat the Ravens is simple...dont turn the ball over and stop Lewis.

Fifty

Thanks, that really helps my ego. ;p

My LBs weren't INTing anything that game, just sitting there like retards, while Al Wilson was like Dick Butkus crossbred with Randy Moss out there.

Matrix

here are my 3 keys to guarantee a 99% chance of victory to you in madden online:

1. don't turn the ball over at all
2. run the ball, whether you have success or not is a moot point. so long as you are not moving backwards by getting sacked, you will stay in the game
3. play bend but dont break D. you can take chances blitzing every now and again, but if you just play it safe, your opponent will eventually become frustrated and throw costly picks!

Slo

Last night's loss to Matrix was just crushing. I usually pass to set up the run, but he spent all night in 3-3-5 Nickel and the Dime, usually blitzing at least one backer. I usually had company in the backfield before my receivers even made their cuts, and it was clear I wasn't going to make a living that way. By the time I had enough sense to start running on him, he was already up 14-0 and the game was pretty much over. He did a great job running, I couldn't force a punt for the life of me, and it felt like he had the ball the entire second half.

Good game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lost an EXTREMELY frustrating game to Ramirez. Well first I was expecting the steelers, so when I saw the seachickens I nearly shit a brick. I had prepped for the Steelers. :| Oh well, wouldn't have to deal with Ward and Burress, just Alexander.

To start the game off, Ramirez drove for a touchdown. I was still trying to read his offense, figure out where he was going to go and to who. My own drive was a 3 and out, so he got the ball right back. I was able to hold, he punted. Warner then proceeds to fumble, making it 14-0. Dudes, it was over right then.

I firmly blame this loss on my offensive line. Seattle's D is good, but not pressure the QB, fly off blocks to stop the run good. I got almost 0 yards on the ground, though lord knows I kept calling the plays. Running is essential for my offense, and not being able to do any shut me down entirely. Only success I had was when I just said fuck it and decided to run out of the goal line. My QBs fumbled twice (even though one of them I believe had forward motion, the other one was warner coughing it up, I didn't even press to throw knowing the sack was coming), and of course an int. In all I think he had 17 points off of turnovers, he won 27-7. I'm upset my D held strung for the entire game for the most part, allowing 10 points when not faced with a short field

Only one passing play worked the entire game. And if you've played me, you know which one it is. ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yup, Carter. ;p

He's my fourth WR, but he is fast as fuck, and often is a good 2-3 steps ahead of the man covering on streaking or post plays.

Matrix

Ramirez,can you play at 5 pm eastern time?

DAMN YOU CK! I didnt want to play him :(

edit - GG Slo...If you had run more in the beggining of the game,you would have been in it.

Matrix

Yea,I'll meet ya online in 5 mins.

Matrix

Can we play at like 9 pm eastern time tonight?

Top Bottom