• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Game Room thread of Rewinding Time

PopfulMail

Updates from the Game Room facebook page. Perhpas there is a glimmer of hope for the future...

I heard on the Xbox forums that there were some technical issues with GR. Good news! They should be resolved. I look to the truly passionate folks here to let us know if they notice any technical issues persisting. Thanks as always for everyone's tireless support.

We are not able to reproduce the technical issues on our end. We need to get a sense of the scale of the issues people are experiencing. If we are able to apply the large numbers of this group then we might be able to better diagnose the root cause of the issue. Could we do some sort of poll from everyone?

re GR plan. We are wholly focused on the mobile extension right now. We r also sorting through the bigger plan for GR, but expect us to be dark on that topic for a while because we have a lot to work through. I wish there was more to say at this time, but this is the situation as it stands for now. I cannot emphasize enough how much we appreciate your support. Thank you. :|

jgkspsx

So with the price drop/game sharing, I've started picking up some Konami and Atari arcade games. They did so many things right (rewinding, ranked mode) it's a shame that the service failed. I'd like to hope, but the future looks pretty bleak.

If anybody is still playing, would you mind friending me? I'm curious about the challenges (Pooyan anybody?) and wouldn't mind picking up the visiting achievements.

I'd really like some of the 2600 games, but have a hard time justifying $3 for them. Pitfall, HERO, sure, but even Yars Revenge is a questionable value proposition. I already own these games on a million systems. If they dropped the price to $1.50 or so I'd buy dozens. Sigh.

Baron

jgkspsx said:
So with the price drop/game sharing, I've started picking up some Konami and Atari arcade games. They did so many things right (rewinding, ranked mode) it's a shame that the service failed. I'd like to hope, but the future looks pretty bleak.

If anybody is still playing, would you mind friending me? I'm curious about the challenges (Pooyan anybody?) and wouldn't mind picking up the visiting achievements.

I'd really like some of the 2600 games, but have a hard time justifying $3 for them. Pitfall, HERO, sure, but even Yars Revenge is a questionable value proposition. I already own these games on a million systems. If they dropped the price to $1.50 or so I'd buy dozens. Sigh.

I'll friend you, I am always looking for a good high score competition. Nice to meet you good sir.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I just came across my Activision Anthologies for the PS2. One thing I have done since the PSX days was buy most of the classic collections on disc, such as the Tecom or Taito one's, the Capcom Classics Collection on Xbox (one of the best games ever, Ghouls N' Ghosts - arcade perfect port and dream come true finally!) and Sega Genesis Collection, etc. I miss those days and I can't say how sad I am that Game Room has left us. I actually purchased about a half dozen of the games and decorated my room and would often play Cosmic Commuter or some of the others to kill time.

Yeah, I know it has been awhile since Game Room closed, but coming across my old disc collections reminded me of so many people barely appreciate the old games. I'm old I guess.

gunstarhero

I just came across my Activision Anthologies for the PS2. One thing I have done since the PSX days was buy most of the classic collections on disc, such as the Tecom or Taito one's, the Capcom Classics Collection on Xbox (one of the best games ever, Ghouls N' Ghosts - arcade perfect port and dream come true finally!) and Sega Genesis Collection, etc. I miss those days and I can't say how sad I am that Game Room has left us. I actually purchased about a half dozen of the games and decorated my room and would often play Cosmic Commuter or some of the others to kill time.

Yeah, I know it has been awhile since Game Room closed, but coming across my old disc collections reminded me of so many people barely appreciate the old games. I'm old I guess.

I'm with you - I actually booted up Game Room the other day - really sucks at all the lost potential here. I pretty much bought every arcade release, and a few Atari console games...

Blades of Steel, Jackal, Pooyan, Road Fighter, TwinBee Detana, Trick Trap... so much awesomeness packed into that buggy-as-hell Game Room.

It will be missed.

Baron

I haven't booted up Game Room in a while...are the games still available to purchase or has that functionality been disabled?

Top Bottom