• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GhaleonEB said:
Um. Guys. We got on trouble last time for the matchmaking talk - it has to go in the (unread) MP thread in the Online forum.

Quoted for sexual reinforcement. Basically the other thread sucks and no one views the online forum. So were keeping it to a minimum but really its all about Halo... :D

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
Quoted for sexual reinforcement. Basically the other thread sucks and no one views the online forum. So were keeping it to a minimum but really its all about Halo... :D
Oh, I know that. But we had a GAF admin come in here a couple months ago and tell us to knock it off or the thread is locked (thus the creation of the Online thread). I'm rather the thread not get locked. :p

Ramirez

EazyB said:
Well judging by K/D in that match, someone had to try.

1441621772_40a539b361.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lols my random teammate in team doubles left the game

so i had to be a douchebag and camp and slowly eke out kills. the map was on foundry so it's too heavily skewed against me... i was losing by 1 but with 10 seconds to go i get rockets and get a double kill and run and hide

hahaha they cussed me out so bad after the match but still wtf am i supposed to do ? take it like a man and lose or try to win? I can't run around aimlessly hoping to get a double kill everytime

-i just looked at my team mates last 20 games... all losses (DNF) except the one win... lol it's a win-win!

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX PARTY SPLITTING IN SOCIAL IN THE UPDATE!!!
It's annoying when you have 3 players and you go into Team Snipers (Double EXP lobby, lol) or Social Slayer, and you get split up because of guests or other nuisances.

Numbers,

I downloaded your map. Will check out later.

GhaleonEB

Just now listening to the new podcast. I like how conversational the shows are now. Great flow.

The tease about big changes to bungie.net was intriguing. I'm still surprised how much content Bungie is pumping into Halo 3, a year out. B.net features, playlist overhaul, AU2, new maps. Oh my.

Striker said:
It's annoying when you have 3 players and you go into Team Snipers (Double EXP lobby, lol) or Social Slayer, and you get split up because of guests or other nuisances.

Numbers,

I downloaded your map. Will check out later.

Yup its also annoying when you have 6 and 8 players and get split up in Social BTB.

Also I liked numbers maps when we played them, made a lot of sense first time playing.

GhaleonEB said:
Just now listening to the new podcast. I like how conversational the shows are now. Great flow.

The tease about big changes to bungie.net was intriguing. I'm still surprised how much content Bungie is pumping into Halo 3, a year out. B.net features, playlist overhaul, AU2, new maps. Oh my.

I only just finished listening to it too. Matt Noguchi is frickin awesome. I love that guy! He needs to return fo sho holmes.

Is it me or do Sketch and Shishka have eerily similar voices? I can tell them apart but its scary sometimes :/

Ramirez

BladedExpert said:
I only just finished listening to it too. Matt Noguchi is frickin awesome. I love that guy! He needs to return fo sho holmes.

Is it me or do Sketch and Shishka have eerily similar voices? I can tell them apart but its scary sometimes :/

Captain Blood even gets them mixed up in person. :lol ;)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ohh yea the new podcast is great. I love hearing programmers talk from Bungie. I'm goin to school to hopefully one day be a programmer in an awesome dev studio. The "plan" that Matt had where he would get a job for a little while then start his own studio, thats exactly what i'm planning to do. I don't know how it'll turn out though. Great podcast. "fast trackin...fast trackin...desperate times!" :lol :lol

Numbers

xxjuicesxx said:
3v3 dual on Avalanche ! (minus 1 player off the start). AMAZING. Great job playlist directors. You really know how to pick them. Noone could decide better gametypes and maps then you, NOONE.
You say the same thing over and over again.

We need a disapproving picture of Shishka to respond to these.

numbers said:
You say the same thing over and over again.

We need a disapproving picture of Shishka to respond to these.

Can you honestly admit that that game wasnt incredibly boring, frustrating, and just generally not fun?

I mean you booted me AFTERWARDS, I'm pretty sure you were upset and not having fun too.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Let's all be friends, guys. Remember the podcast? Good times.

Although I agree about the weird setup that resulted in 3 on 3 (3 on 2) Team Duel on Avalanche, really soulless.

I always thought that any Team Duel on that map was bad.

What's up with the lack of seeing cold storage any place - what playlists, if any, is it in?

Heretic

Is Halo 3's calibration system pretty much universal (like is it good for watching movies or basic television) or does it calibrate your tv for the game only?

i'm was looking at HDTVs and some dude said that they'd calibrate it for me for $50 but i remembered Halo 3 had a calibration process that you can do.

i'm a n00b for this stuff

Dirtbag

Heretic said:
Is Halo 3's calibration system pretty much universal (like is it good for watching movies or basic television) or does it calibrate your tv for the game only?

i'm was looking at HDTVs and some dude said that they'd calibrate it for me for $50 but i remembered Halo 3 had a calibration process that you can do.

i'm a n00b for this stuff
Ask them if they plan on going into the service menu's to instrumentally balance your color levels.... otherwise, No.

http://www.imagingscience.com/
Pretty much the only service I would pay for to calibrate my set. Find someone with that certification and then yes, its worth it. I'd expect to pay more like 100-200 bucks though.

OR

avsforum.com
, Go Here, search the forum for your model tv set, and use the exact numbers recommended for your settings.

Heretic

Dirtbag 504 said:
Ask them if they plan on going into the service menu's to instrumentally balance your color levels.... otherwise, No.

http://www.imagingscience.com/
Pretty much the only service I would pay for to calibrate my set. Find someone with that certification and then yes, its worth it. I'd expect to pay more like 100-200 bucks though.

OR

avsforum.com
, Go Here, search the forum for your model tv set, and use the exact numbers recommended for your settings.

awesome! thanks a bunch!

Striker

spermatic cord said:
vip construct -> veto -> land grab narrows -> boot to dashboard

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! got land grab standoff, vetoed, got vip construct
:lol

What playlist are you in? I want to know... so I ignore it in future Matchmaking decisions.

Keep VIP away from Team Objective for future references, thanks.

Sai-kun

Banned
Great podcast. I like how chatty you guys are. I listen to another podcast [not game devs, but still] and although they do talk, since they're friends and stuff, none of them bring the lulz quite like you three do. :D

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Heretic said:
I mainly watch divx files, and the skin tones are far too red, even though when I run the calibration disc everything appears to be perfect. (and is perfect in games, etc..)

though that's probably the files I'm watching and not my tv settings.

Merguson

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Would it be too much to hope that AU2 comes out either on the 17th, 18th or 19th?

please :(

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Truth shall free me.

No-scope on you. :)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Merguson said:
The Force shall free me.

No-scope on you. :)

sigh, I know what that is.

I'm sad =(

I got The Force Unleashed too, what a coincidence

EazyB

Banned
Merguson said:
The Truth shall free me.
Ha! Took me a sec but I got it.

Anyways, Walmart has allowed me one last night of Halo before switching gears to RB2.
:(

Brainboy

Domino Theory said:
Would it be too much to hope that AU2 comes out either on the 17th, 18th or 19th?

please :(

Well I return to England (and thus my 360) on the 18th, so any of those days is fine for me!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
LukeSmith said:
Cut.
With good reason, but still, cut. :lol

Needs more Xbox Live and pizza bean bags, imo.

Mr. Durden said:
So does anyone know what the new DLC is gonna be about? Not it the mood to read this entire thread.

Hehe, THIS is why we need to make new Halo threads. Anyways, rumor has it [as of now] that the next DLC will be 6 maps and some new achievements (Legendary Maps achievements were already confirmed, but there are more)

deftangel

took a programming course
Domino Theory said:
Hehe, THIS is why we need to make new Halo threads. Anyways, rumor has it [as of now] that the next DLC will be 6 maps and some new achievements (Legendary Maps achievements were already confirmed, but there are more)

Wait, six maps?! Where did I miss that one....?

Cuckooo

man i need to load up halo and find something to complain about, because over the last 4/5 pages there has been so much complaining about mm and playlists.

kylej

Banned
spermatic cord said:
vip construct -> veto -> land grab narrows -> boot to dashboard

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! got land grab standoff, vetoed, got vip construct

Every weekly update should have a paragraph written by Shishka about what he did for the past week.

"Checked 10 forums, all had people who wanted Team Snipers... trying to fix Head 2 Head. Looked at the veto data earlier today, going to reduce BR starts on Standoff and increase VIP weighting. Removing Social BTB. Yep that looks pretty good. WoW time.
4495emothchatter.gif
"

GhaleonEB said:
The best part about that clip is how he spazzes out when it sticks - jerks back and forth and points the gun straight up. I can just imagine him shrieking "Get it off me! Get it off me!" :lol

You raise an interesting point. What would have happened if he switched weapons as his rifle got stuck? Would it have appeared on his back?

Striker

kylej said:
Every weekly update should have a paragraph written by Shishka about what he did for the past week.

"Checked 10 forums, all had people who wanted Team Snipers... trying to fix Head 2 Head. Looked at the veto data earlier today, going to reduce BR starts on Standoff and increase VIP weighting. Removing Social BTB. Yep that looks pretty good. WoW time.
4495emothchatter.gif
"
You earn a gold star!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
PedroLumpy said:
You raise an interesting point. What would have happened if he switched weapons as his rifle got stuck? Would it have appeared on his back?

Yup. But if he picked up a new weapon and dropped the sniper, he would have lived assuming he could get far enough away from the blast. Would have taken some pretty fast twitch thinking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom