• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EazyB

Banned
Played a lot of Halo tonight. Went ahead and took some screens of some of the more epic parts of the matches.

Nuttersack and I dueling
37099931-Full.jpg

Played multi-flag on snowbound. Kinda neat I guess.
60553413-Full.jpg

VIP on Rat's Nest. Why does VIP still exist?
60553654-Full.jpg

Got shat on in a flag match on Narrows
60553488-Full.jpg

Squad battle on Construct... twice. Too many people on such a small map.
60553603-Full.jpg

Lotta Heavies in BTB. Had some fun on Standoff
60553753-Full.jpg

More and more heavies, least it was on Valhalla
60553848-Full.jpg

neoism

EazyB said:
The sad thing about this map is, I had Halo for about a year before I played its greatness. Prisoner's still my favorite Halo 1 map, but this one is second. 3 of my cousin's and I played this for about 8 hours straight one time(had plenty of free time in high school!) I sucked though, they played that map all the time. It was like(is) a maze for me and I lost every game! To this day its still one of the funnest times I had with a video game! <3 Halo

This whole map thing just set me off again today to see that GoW2 has new DLC maps out now and the Halo 3 faithful are stuck waiting...

M$ This is for you....

2729_johnny_cash_finger.jpg

fin

Dax01 said:
HaloGAF, how many of you are getting the Halo Wars CE? I just want to know who is getting it so maybe we could get some good customs on the new maps going. It's probably a bit too early to be asking this, but whatevs.

Yeah Dax01 I'll probably be getting it too. I'm too excited for Sandbox not to get them! but March is such a long ways off.

Dax01 said:
I've got Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. Maybe we can rotate? We also have to find a place to upload these videos. Maybe a youtube HaloGAF account?

I too can make some video action, Sony Vegas ftw. I did some montages after the Beta, been meaning to do more. Too busy playing the game to move the 360, hook it up to PC, capture each film. etc. But a top ten should be less work. I've also been able to mix 5.1 sound.

For all you newby juniors be sure to send me a PM on GAF and a FR to 'GAF Halo 3'. I check the tag almost daily and is an easy way to play some Halo with people. It's at 95 people right now, but I can probably make some room, I haven't done any spring cleaning in a while.

GM Bullfrog said:
This whole map thing just set me off again today to see that GoW2 has new DLC maps out now and the Halo 3 faithful are stuck waiting...

Three maps, 60MB, somethings fishy...I'm not getting them. I don't like Gears online that much.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
so i was watching an old MLG gameplay video that i put up on gamevee and look who happened to be on my team...
anepicname.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Tashi0106 said:
Cock
Balls
Men
Extra
Dildos
Love
Cock
Smothering

how was that? lol

Abesimpsonenterandleave.gif

Damn, I need to hook up the 360 again. Persona 4 has enveloped my time, but 50 hours later, I'm finally done.

Oh, and Eazy, squad battle on construct is amazing.

EazyB said:
Hopefully they aren't. But if MS has the ability to force Bungie to tether Cold Storage with the Legendary maps then I wouldn't be surprised if they could make Bungie throw a playlist in there for those who buy Halo Wars.
Should consist solely of first-to-50 games of VIP.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
An Epic Name said:
I really wish my Xbox could load Isolation. =/

Joke post?

Tashi0106 said:
Cock
Balls
Men
Extra
Dildos
Love
Cock
Smothering

Didn't want your bio. :(

GM Bullfrog said:
Come
Back
To
Me
DLC
Slayer

Haha, yep. I miss DLC Slayer so much. And we're going to need it once Assembly, Orbital and Sandbox are in our hands when it releases on XBLMP.

Thermite

GM Bullfrog said:

M$ This is for you....

[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, this is only the first map pack for Gears 2 whereas with Halo 3, we've gotten two map packs. I [I]totally[/I] hear you, though. I'm as pissed off as anybody about not getting these maps until sometime in March/April.

Thermite said:
Well, to be fair, this is only the first map pack for Gears 2 whereas with Halo 3, we've gotten two map packs. I totally hear you, though. I'm as pissed off as anybody about not getting these maps until sometime in March/April.

Also lets not forget that like a month out of release the gears population is now split into three which is retarded. I won't be picking up those maps for awhile I don't think. Every time I come back to Halo I am reminded that although it definitely has its problems it is still easily the best FPS out there. For anyone who has played FarCry MP, how is its mp compared to Halo?

Kibbles

Captain Blood said:
Also lets not forget that like a month out of release the gears population is now split into three which is retarded. I won't be picking up those maps for awhile I don't think. Every time I come back to Halo I am reminded that although it definitely has its problems it is still easily the best FPS out there. For anyone who has played FarCry MP, how is its mp compared to Halo?
Its MP is terrible, which is a shame because it could have taken off with it's map editor capabilities. Hopefully FC3 is better in the MP department.

Thermite

Captain Blood said:

Yeah, Gears 2 online now is a joke. It was already pretty bad from the get-go with the Chainsaw magnet and the general balancing issues, such as including Mortars on a majority of the maps, which completely takes away the core game mechanic of cover, but now, it's just getting plain retarded. Why Epic would choose to go ahead and release new content, which further segments their community as you said, instead of releasing a patch that fixes just some of the online issues is totally beyond my comprehension. People aren't leaving Gears 2 to play other games online due to a lack of content. They're leaving because the multiplayer is busted.

Makes me <3 Halo multiplayer so much.

Tashi0106 said:
so i was watching an old MLG gameplay video that i put up on gamevee and look who happened to be on my team...
anepicname.jpg
Holy shit no way :lol :lol
Small world indeed.

And Domino, no joke. I haven't played Isolation since like March. It doesn't load on my 360. Anytime it comes up in MM it skips to another map, and I get the 'player failed to load content' message when I try to play it in customs.

I really hope they never turn it into an MLG map, or else I might be screwed :lol

An Epic Name said:
Holy shit no way :lol :lol
Small world indeed.

And Domino, no joke. I haven't played Isolation since like March. It doesn't load on my 360. Anytime it comes up in MM it skips to another map, and I get the 'player failed to load content' message when I try to play it in customs.

I really hope they never turn it into an MLG map, or else I might be screwed :lol

I think you are confusing Isolation not loading with it getting vetoed by everyone else because it is sad times.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dax01 said:
I play on 5 sensitivity. I think I could 10, though.

I tried 10 for one Skirmish game last night for the lolz.

Man, it felt like I was having a seizure the whole time. How I managed to even get one kill during that game, I'll never know. :p

OK so I've stuck with it on 10 Sensitivity for a whole evening now and I have to say....I'm really doing pretty well with it. Im going 0 or plus in most games in MLG. I might stick with it for a while longer!

Why does everyone hate Isolation? I love that map. Whenever I get it in MM I'm the only one who doesn't veto :(

I've been having an issue with Halo 3's Theater - ever since I downloaded the NXE, all my recently played games in the Theater are erased every time I turn off my Xbox, and I can't figure out why. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
BladedExpert said:
OK so I've stuck with it on 10 Sensitivity for a whole evening now and I have to say....I'm really doing pretty well with it. Im going 0 or plus in most games in MLG. I might stick with it for a while longer!

hahahaha you've made the right choice. I'm telling you people, you can control your BR with 10 sensitivity. A lot of BRing is not using the right stick at all. I hope you stick with it, and I hope you see an improvement like I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom