• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhfive

Dax01 said:
Will we be able to go into Living Dead as a party? Because I would hate for it to be like last time where you had to go in it alone.

im pretty sure this time you can because it is unranked
also living dead needs to be every weekend

Dax01 said:
So you call all of that no change? How can one playlist being taken down and the other being merged be meaningless?

Because I'll probably never enter that playlist? AR = Shitcockpussyfart. I want no more 3v3 MLG. Stop thinking about just yourself and your playlists DAX! :D

xxjuicesxx said:
Because I'll probably never enter that playlist? AR = Shitcockpussyfart. I want no more 3v3 MLG. Stop thinking about just yourself and your playlists DAX! :D
A valid reason to not like the update. You want no more 3v3 MLG? Well, I'm sorry that Shiska does not choose to focus his work on a playlist that only has a population of ~5,000 people daily, and instead concentrate resources on playlists that get double, triple, or quadruple (etc) that amount.

Dax01 said:
A valid reason to not like the update. You want no more 3v3 MLG? Well, I'm sorry that Shiska does not choose to focus his work on a playlist that only has a population of ~5,000 people daily, and instead concentrate resources on playlists that get double, triple, or quadruple (etc) that amount.

Yeah, but the people that play those playlists like ARs, so by definition they do not count.

Dax01 said:

He should be able to manage all the playlists its not like he even has to PLAY any of it. Just switch the settings around.

Striker

backflip10019 said:
Boo, how much bitching is it going to take to get radar removed from Snipers?
It's a "Hardcore" playlist that includes the radar. The two others in the list do not have it, so why does Team Snipers? Also, if you've played Snipers enough, you would perhaps understand where the venting for removal of radar comes into play. I've done my peace before.

Agree with Ram, for the most part. We'll probably see the next meaningful change when Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox release.

xxjuicesxx said:
He should be able to manage all the playlists its not like he even has to PLAY any of it. Just switch the settings around.
I bet you're making this harder than you are making it out to be. I'm not going to judge how well Shiska is doing unless I have complete knowledge of what it takes to actually put up playlists, take down playlists, make adjustments to them, etc.

backflip10019 said:
Yeah, but the people that play those playlists like ARs, so by definition they do not count.
Please tell me you are being sarcastic. By what "definition?" So because I like the AR I have no more say on what goes on in Halo 3 MM than you do?

Striker

Self Induced said:
Where is Team Actionsack? :(
I would like that to return, as well. Curious to what new or returning ideas that could be played for the game. With all the new settings they implemented, it should go deep.

Cocopjojo said:
I just asked the same question on the last page (about an hour ago). Haha.
That's what I get for jumping around instead of reading through this thread. For some reason, it looked familiar to me. Keep up the good work!

The push to talk number going up is great news. I get so tired of having to press that button to talk, and my dumb friend can't seem to remember to ever press it.

And I don't know what all the hate is about. The changes all seem to be good this round. No BR starts is a little depressing, but besides that, all is well.

Sean

Banned
come on, this shit happens every game

halo3partybs88bc7.jpg

look at the bars on the far right side, you'll see that our red team is all randoms (only a single party of 2) yet we face a full party of 8 players that haveh higher ranks to boot. Happens ALL the time in DLC BTB.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
So you call all of that no change? How can one playlist being taken down and the other being merged be meaningless?
They could remake every playlist to our exact specification and there would be bitching. 'Tis the internets. (And juices.)

Good changes overall. Though I'll probably still be romping in BTB.

One question:

* DLC Big Team will be moved and renamed. Weighting between DLC and non-DLC maps will be equalized. The hopper will continue to require DLC 1 and 2.​
What was the weighting before? More specifically, will this result in more or less Avalanche?

Timan

Developer
Sean said:

halo3partybs88bc7.jpg

look at the bars on the far right side, you'll see that our red team is all randoms (only a single party of 2) yet we face a full party of 8 players that haveh higher ranks to boot. Happens ALL the time in DLC BTB.

Yep, same exact shit here. So far 4 out of 4 games tonight havebeen against a party of 8. Its a fucking joke, the whole team either quits in the lobby or shortly after the game starts.

A Penguin

Wow, never noticed that the bar in pregame indicates party participation.
I've never encountered that problem in BTB, though. In fact, I'm usually first or second in terms of kills on my team =/
I guess the Big Team matchmaking gods must like me or something.

Striker

Captain Blood said:
Swat is zero fun for serious games imo so that being one of the few playlists with Cold Storage really sucks but with the new DLC slayer that shouldn't be a problem :)
5v5 in Cold Storage would be more cramped, grenade fest than it already is. I don't hate the map, but its best suited for Doubles and 3v3.

Sean said:

halo3partybs88bc7.jpg

Two solutions:

1) Find a big party.

2) Don't play DLC BTB.

SometimesImEpic

Is my new gamertag. I invite everyone in the year of 2009 to drop your petty grudges and send me an invite and or a friend request. I would like to play some games with you guys.

backflip10019 said:
:lol Yes I was being entirely sarcastic.
I'm sorry. Sarcasm meter was overloaded at the time. :(

Kuroyume said:
Glad you edited. Though, I am sorry to say I saw what it originally was. Telling me to have sex with the man was not the best response you could have made.

The changes will probably bring me in for some BTB. For awhile now, I've just grabbed a friend and gone into squad battle. Need to stop doing that.

JdFoX187

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I dont care much for the pit weight reduction..I don't seem to get any map too much on Snipes but the radar thing for sure.

You have Snipers in the hardcore playlist with SWAT and MLG both no radar gametypes. You have Snipes traditionally being a stealth gametype with no radar, yet you have it on right now. It makes absolutely no fucking sense. Just do a one of these things is not like the other and you can see Snipes shouldnt have radar. Radar is an easy way of telling where an opponent is. If you are any good you should just generally know where the other players are going to be. Or have it communicated to you through skilled communication.
For some reason, we get stuck with it a lot. A lot of times it gets vetoed, but a lot of times it doesn't. But I agree 110 percent about the radar. Sadly, it just turns the playlist into chasing the red dot or camping around corners and throwing grenades. Still, it took them more than a year to get us Team Snipers. I'm just glad we have it in some form.

Striker said:
5v5 in Cold Storage would be more cramped, grenade fest than it already is. I don't hate the map, but its best suited for Doubles and 3v3.

I totally agree man but at least I would get to play it once and a while.

Striker

Captain Blood said:
I totally agree man but at least I would get to play it once and a while.
Since its free, I'm not sure why its not in more playlists. It could work for Team Slayer and Team Snipers along with Team SWAT. Maybe in the next MM Update!

Striker said:
Since its free, I'm not sure why its not in more playlists. It could work for Team Slayer and Team Snipers along with Team SWAT. Maybe in the next MM Update!
Because (I think) CS is tied with the Legendary Map Pack. I think it was one of MS' conditions for it to be released free.

Thermite

Ramirez said:
Boring changes as usual, I mean really.

Wat. Social Slayer is going to be 5v5, dude. 5v5! We don't have to go into Social Skirmish when there's five of us anymore. (Which means no more vetoing Territories only to get Land Grab and vice versa! Woot, woot!) That alone is a pretty freaking awesome change, IMO. And that's not even mentioning that Land Grab is being reduced by increasing the chance that Multi Flag will appear in Social Skirmish Social Objective. So if any us ever happened to get an itch to play some objective, we might actually get some good games going now. How can you not be excited about the playlist changes?

I like all the changes listed in the update, personally. Can't wait!

Striker

Dax01 said:
Because (I think) CS is tied with the Legendary Map Pack. I think it was one of MS' conditions for it to be released free.
We play Ghost Town and Blackout in Team Slayer and Team Snipers already. So that can't be the reason it isn't included.

t4ng0

YES @ push to talk increase, although since the whole XBL party situation its not really too big of deal.

Been playing too much cod4 lately, 5v5 slayer is going to pull me back.

Social Slayer
* Isolation, Foundry removed.

86568emotsiren.gif
86568emotsiren.gif
86568emotsiren.gif

HOLY SHIT!!! Finally, that map is terrible.

Social Objective

* Slightly reduce weighting on Land Grab, and increase weighting on multi flag to even distribution of these two gametypes out.
* Reduce weighting of VIP. Set to skip after veto.
* Territories variants set to skip after veto.

86568emotsiren.gif
86568emotsiren.gif
86568emotsiren.gif

Actually management of playlists?!?!

Sean said:
Really? A bunch of us were just playing BTB and we were matched up fairly every game.

xxjuicesxx said:
When did Snockets come~!? That's a fun ass gametype.
I <3 Snockets

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Striker said:
We play Ghost Town and Blackout in Team Slayer and Team Snipers already. So that can't be the reason it isn't included.

Team Slayer isn't Legendary Required. Cold Storage can only show up/be in playlists that are Legendary Required. Just because 8 people in a Team Slayer game have the maps thus having Ghost Town/Blackout showing up, doesn't mean the playlist requires said map pack.

EazyB

Banned
All the playlist changes seem to be a step in the right direction. Happy to see the player count up for Social Slayer and Social Objective seems to be creeping towards legitimacy. Glad to see the weighting in BTB even out; I could've sworn it was more even at the launch of it but lately it's been nothing but Standoff and Avalanche. Would've liked to have seen more, it feels like only a slight refinement when the Halo experience kinda needs a total face lift. I was hopping for something spectacular to make the wait for the Mythic Pack (1/2) go by easier but so be it.

Self Induced said:
Really? A bunch of us were just playing BTB and we were matched up fairly every game.
Joke post? :p

Kibbles

So I was just playing "The Storm" and I went into the Theater Mode to look around. Well, at the part where the Scarab drops in, there are 2 Covenant AA guns (I think one is damaged) in the background. However, when you go to destroy the AA gun later, the other is nowhere to be found. Just something I noticed...

I <3 all the stuff that goes on in "The Storm". Here's a random screen I took, not related to the story above.

ps: Is it possible for a rewind or "skip back" feature in Halo 3: ODST's saved films?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Kibbles said:
ps: Is it possible for a rewind or "skip back" feature in Halo 3: ODST's saved films?
No, because of the way campaign loads enemies and the environment. It's not like in MP where there are only ever up to 16 player spawns happening at once; in campaign there are dozens and dozens of enemies being spawned, as well as parts of the level being loaded and de-loaded... so because of that stuff, you can't rewind.

Striker

Domino Theory said:
Team Slayer isn't Legendary Required. Cold Storage can only show up/be in playlists that are Legendary Required. Just because 8 people in a Team Slayer game have the maps thus having Ghost Town/Blackout showing up, doesn't mean the playlist requires said map pack.
Cold Storage is free, therefore shouldn't it be showing up in the Team Slayer roll-out? That is, if it's currently subjected into the playlist. If it isn't, I don't see why it shouldn't. For 3v3 it's a good map, but as I was saying to Blood, since Social got bumped up, playing 5v5 there is simply too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom