• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
we should totally have an animated DPM meter in this montage...it builds up through out the montage and then at the end it just fuckin explodes lol...if anyone is good with photoshop and or creating .gifs do it up...I'll work on something as a back up

Blueblur1

MirageDwarf said:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0756655498/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/04/07/dk-to-publish-official-halo-encyclopedia/

This should be free. At least online. This is milking.
A big book with pretty pictures and everything laid out for me there instead of having to fishing around fan sites to get story bits together? I might buy it.

Yes, I do flip-flop between not caring about the Halo mythologies and being slightly interested.

neoism

Halo fans with a thirst for referential material will be queuing up for the Barnes & Noble midnight launch of the Halo Encyclopedia, which has been announced for a fourth quarter release at book stores.

DK Publishing, fine reference book publisher of things all things useful, historical, mundane and incredibly nerdy, will pack 350-plus pages worth of Halo universe material into the encyclopedia. With topics ranging from characters, weapons, vehicles, equipment, and locations from each and every Halo game, no piece of Bungie-spawned lore looks to be unexplored. The publisher pegs the book's release for November, but retailers show a mid-October date.

The Halo Encyclopedia looks to carry a $39.99 price tag, with an Elite edition of the book—featuring a bonus cat-sized reference manual—not yet priced or announced.
K*****

edit : beatin :(

Blueblur1

screenshot_theme_resize.jpg

I might have downloaded this theme if it wasn't for the fact that Sandbox is the most visually unappealing Halo 3 map. I wish they had based it on Assembly.

EazyB

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Blueblur1/GAF/screenshot_theme_resize.jpg[IMG]

I might have downloaded this theme if it wasn't for the fact that Sandbox is the most visually unappealing Halo 3 map. I wish they had based it on Assembly.[/QUOTE]
I suspect Assemble and Snorbital (nailed it!) are too busy to be background themes. With the use of foreground objects behind avatars and such it could get confusing with an indoor scene.

And fucking choppers!

Might be old but have you guys heard about the Halo Encyclopedia being released in October? 350+ pages of everything you need to know about the Halo universe including weapons, locations, equiptment, well everything. Could be good for sessions on the can.

KevinRo

BakedPigeon said:
Might be old but have you guys heard about the Halo Encyclopedia being released in October? 350+ pages of everything you need to know about the Halo universe including weapons, locations, equiptment, well everything. Could be good for sessions on the can.

Yeah, try reading the thread sometimes it was posted like 7 posts up. kthnx

Oh and t4ng0, you literally like took a shit and pissed on the joke at the same time. kthnxbye

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MirageDwarf said:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0756655498/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/04/07/dk-to-publish-official-halo-encyclopedia/

This should be free. At least online. This is milking.

I will tell DK about your idea to print a heavy 350 page coffee table book and give it away for free. I will report back tomorrow and see how they took it. Also, Stephen King should give away all his books for free because after all it is just a bunch of letters stuck together.

KevinRo

OuterWorldVoice said:
I will tell DK about your idea to print a heavy 350 page coffee table book and give it away for free. I will report back tomorrow and see how they took it. Also, Stephen King should give away all his books for free because after all it is just a bunch of letters stuck together.

What's the Green Mile?

OuterWorldVoice said:
On your way back, can you get me some donuts?

Blueblur1

EazyB said:
I suspect Assemble and Snorbital (nailed it!) are too busy to be background themes. With the use of foreground objects behind avatars and such it could get confusing with an indoor scene.

And fucking choppers!
At least its better than Sandtrap.

Thermite said:

This one is official.

Botolf said:
A 352 page book, free? With pictures, illustrations, what have you?

*raises eyebrow*

OuterWorldVoice said:

Oops. My bad. Sorry. I posted and logged off. Didn't mean book should be free. Printing costs money so it's makes sense to charge to people who want hard copy. I want same book online for fee.

MirageDwarf said:
This one is official.

Oops. My bad. Sorry. I posted and logged off. Didn't mean book should be free. Printing costs money so it's makes sense to charge to people who want hard copy. I want same book online for fee.
I'm all for 'For Fee'. Someone compiled and wrote the book after all. They should get some money for that.

Dirtbag

Striker said:
I didn't say anything about you being negative about a disclosed idea. It seems nobody can disagree with him, so he hammers out the unholy laughing smiles and the thought of disagreement carries no judgment.

Even so, we've discussed the horde-mode idea months ago for a little while. If somebody had another idea or thought, nobody got their panties in a twist.

:lol​
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol REPENT :lol

What have you been reading?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ugh, enough with the damn books. I want to PLAY these behind-the-scenes events in a game.

Halo is a fucking video game above ALL else, for God sakes.

Domino Theory said:
Ugh, enough with the damn books. I want to PLAY these behind-the-scenes events in a game.

Halo is a fucking video game above ALL else, for God sakes.

Once again you not being able to read is a factor here :p

Brainboy

DualX2 said:
Welcome to "Train Station?"

Here you can see I've taken the liberty to add a turret on the top middle portion of the base.

Damn, you're worse than Bungie at remaking maps. Why don't you go and add lots of textures, too.

DualX

Brainboy said:
Damn, you're worse than Bungie at remaking maps. Why don't you go and add lots of textures, too.
Maybe I will. And while I'm at it, I'll probably add a GIANT PLAYABLE MECH.

Jeez dude, haven't even tested it out yet. Calm down...It's not even really the same map.

And btw, Last Resort was a damn good remake/port/whatever. So suck it.

Nutter

Dat_Drink_Ik_Op said:
Is there still a posibility of halo 3 coming to the pc?
Somehow my dad got hooked on halo but he cant play with the 360 pad
I would not be surprised if it gets announced for Windows 7 at E3.

Nutter said:
I would not be surprised if it gets announced for Windows 7 at E3.

I'd welcome that as long as the PC players are integrated in with the 360 players. If its just two seperate games whats the fucking point?

KevinRo

wow, joydick is so gay. no wonder gaf bans it. their articles suck, they're mis-informed, and most importantly retarded. i didn't get picked yet i checked literally everyone who posted on that garbage site and i'm far ahead/better than any of them. 9 best players my nutsack. fuck this.

*edit* there is a chance my mit email put it in spam. if that's the case oh well, the dumbass website wouldn't let me register with my gmail account.

Brainboy

DualX2 said:
Maybe I will. And while I'm at it, I'll probably add a GIANT PLAYABLE MECH.

Jeez dude, haven't even tested it out yet. Calm down...It's not even really the same map.

And btw, Last Resort was a damn good remake/port/whatever. So suck it.

I was just joking. It looks very good.

Although I wouldn't mind the addition of a giant playable mech.

Willeth

KevinRo said:
wow, joydick is so gay. no wonder gaf bans it. their articles suck, they're mis-informed, and most importantly retarded. i didn't get picked yet i checked literally everyone who posted on that garbage site and i'm far ahead/better than any of them. 9 best players my nutsack. fuck this.

*edit* there is a chance my mit email put it in spam. if that's the case oh well, the dumbass website wouldn't let me register with my gmail account.
I ran into this a few weeks ago with that article they ran on the E74 error. The way it was reported was just bad. I raised it in the comments of the Digg article and on the site, and Justin McElroy took offence, sought out my Twitter account to call me out on it and called me a "dullard" on his podcast. Which I only heard about a week after he did so.

EazyB

Banned
BladedExpert said:
I have an account there already. Do I really have to make another with multiple x's and whatnot? :lol
Less spectacular but at least you did it :p

Edit: Threw my submission out there.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
KevinRo said:

Well, if your post is any indication, it does seem that you're an active and respectful member of the ******* Community. Maybe some wires got crossed or something.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
urk said:
Well, if your post is any indication, it does seem that you're an active and respectful member of the ******* Community. Maybe some wires got crossed or something.

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom