• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
Oh hell yeah. Definitely. Just make sure I spawn with an AR and he won't have a chance. I'll charge at him, throw a couple of grenades, and charge at him some more.
areeky-1.gif

GIF may or may not be watermarked.

ManCannon

Louis Wu said:
Heh... sketch calls him 'CryerWulff'. (I can't remember what happened to make them hate each other... but it's pretty funny. Most of FyreWulff's posts at HBO are not particularly inflammatory.)

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt - I was just amused by CB's label. :lol

Don't drag me into this Wu. Honestly I have no idea why he called me "Duke of Dicks", it was unprovoked.

In any case, the denizens of the Bungie.net forums stand at the ready, waiting for my signal. We will be watching this battle closely.

kylej

Banned
For any Penny Arcade homos lurking, I am an emissary from another place and will gladly get some people together to play you 4v4 for fun. Thanks.

Nutter

The last time something like this happened, the other team was practically destroyed. But then again our B-squad lost to freaking ***-Ages.

Whoever is the matchmaking operator if you could put me into a mythic map on zombies so that I can stop playing it would be appreciated ;)
telephone%20operator.jpg

Edit: I am slowly but surely loosing my mind.

Captain Blood said:
Whoever is the matchmaking operator if you could put me into a mythic map on zombies so that I can stop playing it would be appreciated ;)
http://www4.nau.edu/its/tel/switchboard/images/telephone%20operator.jpg[/I[/QUOTE]
Blood: eight people. Rumble Pit. You'll get it.

Weekly Update is up.

Starting in May, Mythic will be required for Team Doubles, Team SWAT, 7 on the 7th, and Double XP Weekends.

In June, Mythic will be required for Team Slayer, Team Objective, Multi-Team, and Social Big Team.

Fuck Bungle.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Wow, pretty impressive MMU for May. Nice job, Shakira.

Although, I'm not so sure about having Multi-Team be Mythic required by June considering that playlist can heavily bounce in its population. But not bad, none the less.

Wow at all that forum wars stuff. Can barely keep up with this stuff with no internet at work.

Someone mentioned Shadowrun's netcode in this argument. It should be noted that Shadowrun has client side hit detection I believe. Thus even if you have a laggy connection, all your shots that hit will count ..... eventually anyway.

AnEternalEnigma said:
In June, Mythic will be required for Team Slayer, Team Objective, Multi-Team, and Social Big Team.

:(

Shishka

Works for Bungie
FourDoor said:
"Social Big Team – Mythic maps added (optional)*"

BAH! Shishka is hiding something here. What Sandbox maps are coming to BTB?

Default Sandbox, Vindictive and Wastelands.

So, three Sandbox variants on the ground level.

GhaleonEB

Heavy Maps – The Heavy Map variants have all been tweaked. Power weapons have longer timers, and in some instances do not respawn. Spawn timers on Gauss hogs in Standoff Heavy are increased as well.​
Thank you, Shishka.

Thank you.

Heavy Maps – The Heavy Map variants have all been tweaked. Power weapons have longer timers, and in some instances do not respawn. Spawn timers on Gauss hogs in Standoff Heavy are increased as well.
:D :D Hopefully this works out well.

FourDoor

Shishka said:
Default Sandbox, Vindictive and Wastelands.

So, three Sandbox variants on the ground level.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to run into these new maps in BTB to mix up the "VETO SANDTRAP" and "YES AVALANCHE" responses in the lobby. :D

The 100 people and I who still play BTB thank you. :D

FourDoor said:
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to run into these new maps in BTB to mix up the "VETO SANDTRAP" and "YES AVALANCHE" responses in the lobby. :D

The 100 people and I who still play BTB thank you. :D

Now were going to hear "Veto Sandtrap, Sandbox, Vindictive and Wastelands." and "Yes Avalanche".

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm totally happy Bungie is making Mythic required. It's really not that huge of a deal. How many people still playing Halo after all of this time that don't have the new maps. However, there are surprisingly a lot of people buying Halo 3 and there will be more with the new Elite 360 packed in with Halo 3. Very interesting.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I had always wished Heroic and Legendary mappacks were required when I bought them.. but now that I don't play Halo as much I'm not really about to spend 10 bucks on MORE maps.. but now I won't be able to play TS when I do log on? :|

Be careful what you wish for.

They'll be included in ODST's multiplayer, right?

EazyB

Banned
Really surprised with the level of Mythic integration with June's update. I still don't understand the point of announcing such integration now when the maps are out but waiting 3 months to require them. Is that so kids can start saving up coin now so that they'll have $10 by the time the maps are required? Whatever, I find it cool that they're being integrated so quickly. That coupled with even more Atlas variants will make for nice summer break Haloing.

A little concerned about how pissed many will be once they find up that although they haven't paid for any DLC up to this point but have still been able to play Team Slayer, they now have to buy both the Legendary and Mythic maps to get into the most popular playlist. Pretty aggressive move there.

Jtwo said:
They'll be included in ODST's multiplayer, right?
Yup

Sai

Nutter said:
:p

Did you play the match against leguna?
Don't think so. I was in the humpday with Bungie though. Did respectable in the warm-up match, then trailed behind the rest of you guys in the games that mattered. :(

Striker

Overall sounds really good in terms of the update news, but:

Team Objective – Successfully vetoing will now guarantee a CTF variant (1 flag, 1 flag BRs, 2 Flag, 2 Flag BRs). Legendary is now required. Mythic Maps added (optional)*
No flag changes for timers. :(

Still would like edits in Team Slayer and Team Objective in terms of weights on game types and variants. But oh well.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It comes with like the entirety of Halo3's multiplayer, right?

Jtwo said:
It comes with like the entirety of Halo3's multiplayer, right?
Yeah, like Eazy said, you can find the entire suite of Halo 3 multiplayer products through the purchase of Halo 3: ODST. I just thought it was interesting that you used the words "ODST's multiplayer" as though the experience expressed in the campaign portion of Halo 3: ODST would have a separate multiplayer component.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whether or not paid DLC would be included seemed like a perfectly reasonably question.

Some of us reasonable people don't think $10 is worth only three maps. I bought the Legendary maps when they were cut to $5 during that holiday deal thing since: a) it was pretty clear the people in charge got greedy and decided they weren't going to make the Legendary maps free and b) I got sick of being locked out of Team Doubles. Even at $5, it still felt like a dirty purchase. I'll only get the Mythic pack if someone gifts it to me. I've heard Orbital and Assembly suck balls anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom