• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3ADG3AR

Proelite said:
DSC00530.jpg

Holy Shit. :D

The wait is killing me.

Thanks guys for your impressions and updated findings.

Cocopjojo said:
Yes. You can have like, eight different portal pairs on High Ground at once. It's probably the same for other levels. Eight different portal pairs (so, sixteen total nodes). That's insane. (I can recreate Chiron! :lol )

I noticed if you stack a portal on top of crates and then delete the crates, the portal stays there, hanging in mid-air. Sweet.

So how are they unlocked? Through achievements?

Honestly, every time I get home from work I look forward to this thread, then I glimpse at the page count and say "fuck". Meaning, I have to go through 20 new(typically juicy) pages...also Halo 3 is almost in my pants :). Few more days.

Tieno

Zer0

Banned
well i managed to fix my 360 with the towel trick and do some halo 3

fist impresions are mixed,yeah its halo but i expected much much more on the graphic side,the textures of terrain,rocks,etc are very good,but the polygon count and texture on enemies,marines,etc are very poor i was surprised by that

Lakitu

st5fu
20/09/2007 10:20:38 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
20/09/2007 08:29:01 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
19/09/2007 22:06:46 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
16/04/2007 23:26:35 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

:eek:

Birbo

DenogginizerOS said:
The one thing I am looking forward to more than anything (next to the story) is the sound of Halo 3. I cannot wait to hear the music, the sounds of the weapons, the environmental effects; etc.

Any news on a soundtrack release? Wasn't the Halo 2 soundtrack available before the game released? Would like to get it and keep my hype at a fevered pitch.

Karg

t4ng0 said:
has anyone reported what happens on isolation if you play it for a while?

These drop from the sky and try to molest you.

haloflood.gif

But seriously I tried looking for something in that Isolation walkthrough and nothing yet.

zam

Cocopjojo said:
I don't remember where, but I recall a Bungie employee (maybe Tyson?) saying in an interview that it's attached to your achievement point score. Like, after 50 pts (in whatever assortment of achievements), you get a piece, then after 100 pts, another piece, and so on.
I hope that you get a whole set, not just one piece. I.e you get all the CQB-parts, not jost CQB-helmet, then CQB-chest etc.

t4ng0

Karg said:
These drop from the sky and try to molest you.

haloflood.gif

But seriously I tried looking for something in that Isolation walkthrough and nothing yet.

well in the gamevideo walkthrough the guy shot some flood like pods which made a screeching sound as they exploded... soooooooo

can anyone confirm what happens? with appropriate spoilage notification of course

traveler

Not Wario
For the guys that have played through the game, (and you're probably going to want to spoiler tag your answer) how is the quality distribution throughout the campaign IYO? I.e. is it frontloaded, does it ramp up as it goes along, do they save the best for last, etc. I do NOT want any specifics; I just want to know the quality. (Reason I ask is that one of my few disappointments with Halo 2 was that I felt that all the good stuff was at the beginning- Cairo Station, Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo- and I don't want to go into 3 with unrealistic expectations.)

Station42

whatching all these new videos, i took a deeper look at the sky in halo 3...damn! pure harmony.

btw, talking about the sky reminded me of this video, remember? XD 1 and 2 ...with pervert song :lol

traveler

Not Wario
Construct looked alot better in that walkthrough than I had thought it would. Still, I most excited for Guardian, Sandtrap, and The Pit.

giga

traveler said:
For the guys that have played through the game, (and you're probably going to want to spoiler tag your answer) how is the quality distribution throughout the campaign IYO? I.e. is it frontloaded, does it ramp up as it goes along, do they save the best for last, etc. I do NOT want any specifics; I just want to know the quality. (Reason I ask is that one of my few disappointments with Halo 2 is that I felt that all the good stuff was at the beginning- Cairo Station, Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo- and I don't want to go into 3 with unrealistic expectations.)
Most people have said the ending is satisfying.

Just imagine though. THE ARK AFJSALKJFAJ

alexh

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Pre-orer from where?

[bad planning]Actually I have one from Best Buy and one from Gamestop.. both of which are pointless because I'm going to the midnight launch.[/bad planning]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom