• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder_qc

Neo Member
If people are interested in trying out a new puzzle game that is in 3D you can check out my friend game (which I did some additional programming). Let see if you guys can visualized object in full 3d in your heard and figure out the solutions. :D

Its called Cubic Match and available for the low price of 0.99$ and you can try also the lite version for free.

If you want to take a look at how its look like you can see it in the following video. I think the most interesting mode is when you play in Expert mode, its quite crazy/hard :D .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kEUMGvPnMA

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is doom, duke nukem, or wolfenstein 3d any good? Did doom used to be 2.99?

I can't speak for the others, but Wolfenstein 3D is excellent for 99c if that's still its price. Not sure if I'd pay more, but on sale it's a fun little time waster.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is doom, duke nukem, or wolfenstein 3d any good? Did doom used to be 2.99?
Duke Nukem 3D is impossible to play right now because of the controls. I could have sworn a patch was announced for the game around the time it launched---where is it?

Chinner

Banned
Duke's controls are horrendous and if you're interested in a fps I'd suggest Modern Combat. Wolf RPG is interesting and I have played it abit, but it has been left mostly unplayed. Doom Resurrection is fun and worth 3.99 or whatever it is.

Aye treat DooM resurrection as a light gun game of sorts as it's on rails but it's damn fun and a real challenge if you don't play on easy.

Touch KO is so much better with the latest patch, the cpu are much better and actually hit back now, this is how the game should have been at first release.

Chinner said:
Duke's controls are horrendous and if you're interested in a fps I'd suggest Modern Combat. Wolf RPG is interesting and I have played it abit, but it has been left mostly unplayed. Doom Resurrection is fun and worth 3.99 or whatever it is.

It's $6.99 now which makes me not want it. :/

Chinner

Banned
I was going by sterling so my quoted price was correct. Anyway, I would say it's worth $6.99, the game is fun and they've recently added a new bonus map as well as new challenge mode. They're also going to add a multiplayer mode so that'll be good when it happens.

Intruder_qc said:
If people are interested in trying out a new puzzle game that is in 3D you can check out my friend game (which I did some additional programming). Let see if you guys can visualized object in full 3d in your heard and figure out the solutions. :D

Its called Cubic Match and available for the low price of 0.99$ and you can try also the lite version for free.

If you want to take a look at how its look like you can see it in the following video. I think the most interesting mode is when you play in Expert mode, its quite crazy/hard :D .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kEUMGvPnMA

Wow... it's an interesting concept, but it looks very very hard and complicated. I like puzzles, but this seems very intimidating. o_O

Des0lar

will learn eventually
radiantdreamer said:
Wow... it's an interesting concept, but it looks very very hard and complicated. I like puzzles, but this seems very intimidating. o_O

My thoughts as well. I like the idea, but not being able to view the pieces in 3D, having to memorize how each side looks makes this thing ridiculously hard.

RelentlessRolento said:
Oh Shit! Semi gaming related:

8Bitone is on sale from 8.99 to .99!!!

nice... it's a full chiptunes sequencer :)

I'm getting.
I am completely incompetent at it but this is still awesome to fuck around in, thank you for the heads up.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It's $6.99 now which makes me not want it. :/

Wow.

edit: in that you'll miss out on plenty of great titles with that mindset, especially as more developers and games are actively coming to iPhone. Skip another $2.99 game and pick up Modern Combat instead of buying cheap crappier games, it's worth it.

hygraed said:
The Minigore update was rejected. Apparently the App Store build crashes on launch.

That sucks. I'll be surprised if Minigore is even on my iPhone by the time an update comes out at this rate.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Any word on when Unify might be out?

Gazunta

Not sure if this is against the TOS, but it's not my game I'm plugging, so hey...

A couple of talented folk at work have made a kick ass iPhone game in their after hours, and it's just been submitted to the App Store!

It's called Attack Force and It's kind of like Operation Wolf with lots of explosions and shooting and achievements.

Anyway I'm just posting this coz I'm super proud of what they've done and want to show GAF while the long wait begins for the App Store approval. Keep your fingers crossed for the guys!

Trailer video here!

It's probably already been mentioned but Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville and it's sequel Lucky Junction are both on sale for .99

I know they aren't the manliest games around but these two are the best hidden object games on the iphone and I kind of dig the little minigames in-between where you have to refurb different objects for your rooms. So check your penis at the door and start decorating ladies.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
There still isn't any wrpg on the phone is there?

edit: Crusade of Destiny looks pretty good (apart from the whole "looks" thing, graphisms are crap), there's this "early everquest" freeling to the screenshots

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
F.A.S.T. got an update --- adds larger leaderboards, several gameplay additions (like adding a black market to purchase planes from), and changes the icon.

Does not appear to change the overall aesthetic or name of app. :p

Masklinn said:
There still isn't any wrpg on the phone is there?

edit: Crusade of Destiny looks pretty good (apart from the whole "looks" thing, graphisms are crap), there's this "early everquest" freeling to the screenshots

I can't think of one other than Ravensword, which isn't out yet but is supposed to be released this month.

Ravensword_MountainWolf01.jpg
Ravensword_Horseride2.jpg

Ravensword_Orc.jpg
Ravensword_MountainCave2.jpg

dock

RelentlessRolento said:
Oh Shit! Semi gaming related:

8Bitone is on sale from 8.99 to .99!!!

nice... it's a full chiptunes sequencer :)

I'm getting.
USA only sale? It is showing as UK£3.99 here.

helava

Word Ace Pro is live! If you've been playing (and enjoying) Word Ace, please consider upgrading to WAP. It'll cost you $1, you'll get 12,000 more chips, and it enables in-app purchases for additional chips, with a donation-if-you-dig-the-game feature to be coming soon.

This is the only way that we're earning money to support Word Ace - so if you're having fun with the game, please consider grabbing WAP.

Thanks!
seppo

Edit: I guess that's not strictly true - we're also printing "real" decks of Word Ace cards, which hopefully people will be interested in buying... :D

hygraed

helava said:
Word Ace Pro is live! If you've been playing (and enjoying) Word Ace, please consider upgrading to WAP. It'll cost you $1, you'll get 12,000 more chips, and it enables in-app purchases for additional chips, with a donation-if-you-dig-the-game feature to be coming soon.

This is the only way that we're earning money to support Word Ace - so if you're having fun with the game, please consider grabbing WAP.

Thanks!
seppo

Edit: I guess that's not strictly true - we're also printing "real" decks of Word Ace cards, which hopefully people will be interested in buying... :D
Will my profile (and chips) from the free Word Ace carry over?

Masklinn

dablemont said:
Has anyone here played "Chronicles of Inotia"? Is it worthy?
It's not. Avoid it. It was the earliest JRPG on the store so at one point we didn't have a choice, but go with Zenonia instead (Zenonia isn't very good either, but it's not actively bad)

C64 app was pulled by apple... :lol

c64iphone.com said:
Unfortunately Apple this night pulled the C64 App from the App Store. We had agreed with Apple to remove basic from the application, but as we believed it would be possible to convince Apple to let it in later on, we left it in the app to be activated remotely by us when we had “go” from Apple.
Due to the extreme publicity the app has received over the weekend and the fact that several users found a way to enable the basic back, Apple decided to remove the app from App Store until we have solved the issue.

Well that was smart, reminds me of people with jailbroken phones who can swap the rom file in Sonic the Hedgehog, but even though you can do that it fails to work.

Masklinn

Tempy said:
What would be objectionable to having basic in anyway?
The SDK/AppStore TOS forbids shipping interpreters. That's one of the few actually clearly spelt rules.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Masklinn said:
The SDK/AppStore TOS forbids shipping interpreters. That's one of the few actually clearly spelt rules.

Yeah, but -why-? It's not allowed because it's forbidden is not an acceptable answer!

hygraed

Tempy said:
Yeah, but -why-? It's not allowed because it's forbidden is not an acceptable answer!
The official Apple line is that they don't allow execution of unsigned code for security reasons. Presumably the C64 BASIC interpreter runs in a sandbox, but you can hardly expect them to start bending the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom