• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Mista

Banned
Hello Neogaf, long time lurker and first time poster. Happy to be accepted at a community I know a good deal about, one that I feel has been moving in a good direction for me recently, which is why I decided to sign up and hopefully be a part of.

I've been an addict to video gaming since I first got my hands on my dad's Atari some 30ish years ago. Nintendo sealed the deal when I opened my very own NES a year later at Christmas and completely wore out that Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt combo cartridge that came with it. The next two presents the following year being Final Fantasy and The Legend of Zelda making me the happiest 7 year old I knew at the time. There's not been a generation of gaming I've missed and only a handful of consoles I regrettably have skipped in my pre-job years. I reckon I'll be a gamer for as long as I'm able to escape away to it.

No family of my own as I'm not responsible enough for it but I do have a number of siblings, nieces, and nephews whom I enjoy spending time with. I work nights at a local printing company I've been with for nearly 15 years now to support myself, my gaming habits, and the two sweet ferocious cats I've adopted. An orange tabby named 2B and his umm sisterwife who is named Sasha, she's a calico. I enjoy grilling good food from time to time while having a drink or smoke every now an then.

I was born an raised in the heartland of the USA and have lived in the same area all my life. You'll find nothing particularly interesting about me unfortunately, though I do have a vacation planned to Hawaii next year that I'm excited about. I'm very keen on math and science as I have a methodological mind I think, or at the very least I like to think my gaming habits have attributed to that. Not so much in any arts or languages as they were my worst subjects in school. In any case before this stretches too long I look forward to crossing paths/discussions with you whomever I do in the present and future. Cheers!
Nothing interesting? GTFO maaaan! I was hooked while reading your post and you say nothing interesting?😅 Welcome aboard lad and thank you for joining us
Hi I’m RobDaMerciless. I love all things Gaming,Sports,Tech, Movies and Music.
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us. What kind of sports?

NiqSaturn

Neo Member
Hey Neogaf, found you guys randomly and most of the conversations here sparked my interest so I decided to sign up. Been a gamer since I could actually hold a controller. Currently addicted to league of legends and play Pubg every now and then, ESO and No Mans Sky. My first personal console was a Sega Genesis, but the first game I played was probably Kid Icarus on Nintendo 25+ years ago. Thanks for adding me, NOW YOU'LL NEVER GET RID OF ME :messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_grinning_squinting:

Mista

Banned
Hey Neogaf, found you guys randomly and most of the conversations here sparked my interest so I decided to sign up. Been a gamer since I could actually hold a controller. Currently addicted to league of legends and play Pubg every now and then, ESO and No Mans Sky. My first personal console was a Sega Genesis, but the first game I played was probably Kid Icarus on Nintendo 25+ years ago. Thanks for adding me, NOW YOU'LL NEVER GET RID OF ME :messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_grinning_squinting:
Glad you found us. You seem like a nice lad! Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us. We don’t want to get rid of you :D

RunLoganRun

Neo Member
Hello all you fine people, what's the craic? I'm Logan, love games (Level 291 on Candy Crush, so you know, pretty serious). Minor passions are modding, and graphic design (Minecraft mostly). I also love making things up, some call it 'lying', I like to think of it as subjective interpretation. Games wise, I like RPGs; I'm an ex-RTS addict (take that as you want); love the idea of horror/survival games; but really anything I can get emotionally/intellectually/philosophically invested in; I prefer substance over high-pace/journey not destination. Been out of it for a while, life gets busy, fun gets gone, back at it now hopefully.

*note to self: get new avatar

Mista

Banned
HI I All Am Praveen from India
Hello all you fine people, what's the craic? I'm Logan, love games (Level 291 on Candy Crush, so you know, pretty serious). Minor passions are modding, and graphic design (Minecraft mostly). I also love making things up, some call it 'lying', I like to think of it as subjective interpretation. Games wise, I like RPGs; I'm an ex-RTS addict (take that as you want); love the idea of horror/survival games; but really anything I can get emotionally/intellectually/philosophically invested in; I prefer substance over high-pace/journey not destination. Been out of it for a while, life gets busy, fun gets gone, back at it now hopefully.

*note to self: get new avatar
Welcome aboard lads and thank you for joining us :)

wintermutexo

Neo Member
I'm usually pretty terrible at these types of things, but I figured it's a good place to start on here: I chose this username due to my love for the name, from the Neuromancer book by William Gibson. While I used to be a huge fan of the world of videogames, that's somewhat transitioned into a slight obsession with the world of filmmaking and photography. Perhaps you might see some things I've worked on in particular threads in the future. Until then, hello, and goodbye. d:^)

Mista

Banned
I'm usually pretty terrible at these types of things, but I figured it's a good place to start on here: I chose this username due to my love for the name, from the Neuromancer book by William Gibson. While I used to be a huge fan of the world of videogames, that's somewhat transitioned into a slight obsession with the world of filmmaking and photography. Perhaps you might see some things I've worked on in particular threads in the future. Until then, hello, and goodbye. d:^)
Interesting. Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :)

Last edited:

PurgeJogre

Neo Member
Hi, PurgeJogre here.

Been wanting to join a gaming-based discussion forum for some time.

For an intro, I mainly play the following: ARMA 3, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, RuneScape, Minecraft (With Modpacks). More recently Blade and Sorcery sometimes when I got VR. I'm fascinated with the concept of 'Medieval-Fantasy' games that try to implement alot of 'realism' and consistency in them.

Looking forward.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hi, PurgeJogre here.

Been wanting to join a gaming-based discussion forum for some time.

For an intro, I mainly play the following: ARMA 3, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, RuneScape, Minecraft (With Modpacks). More recently Blade and Sorcery sometimes when I got VR. I'm fascinated with the concept of 'Medieval-Fantasy' games that try to implement alot of 'realism' and consistency in them.

Looking forward.
Witcher 3 and have an Witcher avatar too? We’re going to be best friends! Welcome aboard Jogre of Rivia, thank you for joining us.

750182.jpg

digicube

Neo Member
Hello,
I first started lurking Neogaf around 2012 or 2013, but only recently signed up. I really like the direction Neogaf has taken in the last year or so. For the most part, users are more friendly, there's a lot more freedom to express ideas and opinions and it just feels like a much more welcoming community in general.

Anyway, I'm just happy to be apart of the community now.

Mista

Banned
Hi my name is Arif from Trinidad 🇹🇹 In the Caribbean.
Hello,
I first started lurking Neogaf around 2012 or 2013, but only recently signed up. I really like the direction Neogaf has taken in the last year or so. For the most part, users are more friendly, there's a lot more freedom to express ideas and opinions and it just feels like a much more welcoming community in general.

Anyway, I'm just happy to be apart of the community now.
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us. Glad you joined us :)

Hello Neogaf, long time lurker and first time poster. Happy to be accepted at a community I know a good deal about, one that I feel has been moving in a good direction for me recently, which is why I decided to sign up and hopefully be a part of.

I've been an addict to video gaming since I first got my hands on my dad's Atari some 30ish years ago. Nintendo sealed the deal when I opened my very own NES a year later at Christmas and completely wore out that Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt combo cartridge that came with it. The next two presents the following year being Final Fantasy and The Legend of Zelda making me the happiest 7 year old I knew at the time. There's not been a generation of gaming I've missed and only a handful of consoles I regrettably have skipped in my pre-job years. I reckon I'll be a gamer for as long as I'm able to escape away to it.

No family of my own as I'm not responsible enough for it but I do have a number of siblings, nieces, and nephews whom I enjoy spending time with. I work nights at a local printing company I've been with for nearly 15 years now to support myself, my gaming habits, and the two sweet ferocious cats I've adopted. An orange tabby named 2B and his umm sisterwife who is named Sasha, she's a calico. I enjoy grilling good food from time to time while having a drink or smoke every now an then.

I was born an raised in the heartland of the USA and have lived in the same area all my life. You'll find nothing particularly interesting about me unfortunately, though I do have a vacation planned to Hawaii next year that I'm excited about. I'm very keen on math and science as I have a methodological mind I think, or at the very least I like to think my gaming habits have attributed to that. Not so much in any arts or languages as they were my worst subjects in school. In any case before this stretches too long I look forward to crossing paths/discussions with you whomever I do in the present and future. Cheers!
nice intro, welcome!

3dom2

Neo Member
Hello all.
Fairly new to NeoGaf, but keen to participate in some of the discussions on here relating to video games, when I have the time from work/life.

I'm from the UK and a lover of all things new and retro in gaming, plus technology, and music (Heavy metal mostly, but other stuff too).

My username is of the cancelled 3DO/Matsushita M2 console, something that I've been fascinated about for years.
I currently have a smallish game collection, having owned lots of consoles over the years, but slow I'm adding to it where possible.

Hello all.
Fairly new to NeoGaf, but keen to participate in some of the discussions on here relating to video games, when I have the time from work/life.

I'm from the UK and a lover of all things new and retro in gaming, plus technology, and music (Heavy metal mostly, but other stuff too).

My username is of the cancelled 3DO/Matsushita M2 console, something that I've been fascinated about for years.
I currently have a smallish game collection, having owned lots of consoles over the years, but slow I'm adding to it where possible.
Welcome 3 3dom2 to NeoGAF. Glad you decided to participate. You picked a great time!

Gallard

Hi Guys, Gallard here. I've been lurking for a while, and I've come to like the community and the all free speech. I love games and am making a game on the side. One day, after I get thread posting permissions., I will create an Anime Babes thread.

Trimesh

Banned
Hi,

Well, In real life I'm an electronic engineer, although I seem to spend most of my time writing HDL or firmware now. As far as games go, I'm finding myself increasingly drawn towards retro stuff - although it might be more accurate to say that I'm being repelled by the apparently headlong rush towards "games as a service" that appears to permeating the AAA games business like a foul odor.

I also fix old (basically up to the 32 bit era) game systems as a hobby, I have seen some interesting threads on this board before, but I was never able to respond to them, so I thought I should finally get around to registering.

D-Dude

Hi,
I am D-dude, 34, long time lurker. But decided to become more active. I am from the Netherlands, work with people with autism and mentaly disabled for more then 6 years now. Love gaming, traveling, movies and metal music, but I do enjoy other genres too. Big fan of the "older" Star Trek series and Stargate (till season 9, the rest doesn't exist)

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
DING DING DING! MORE PEOPLE BABY!
Hello all.

Welcome aboard mate. Looking forward to see you around more! Thanks for joining :)
Hello! Anthony here, gamers since ever. My eternal go to games are Starcraft and Quake 3 (now Quake Live ^^). I love Apex Legends tho!
Well well well, we got a man with a great taste here. Welcome aboard and thanks for joining :)
Hi Guys, Gallard here. I've been lurking for a while, and I've come to like the community and the all free speech. I love games and am making a game on the side. One day, after I get thread posting permissions., I will create an Anime Babes thread.
Here's how it'll go my friend, we're already best friends even if you don't like it. Welcome aboard and thanks for joining :)
Hi,

Well, In real life I'm an electronic engineer, although I seem to spend most of my time writing HDL or firmware now. As far as games go, I'm finding myself increasingly drawn towards retro stuff - although it might be more accurate to say that I'm being repelled by the apparently headlong rush towards "games as a service" that appears to permeating the AAA games business like a foul odor.

I also fix old (basically up to the 32 bit era) game systems as a hobby, I have seen some interesting threads on this board before, but I was never able to respond to them, so I thought I should finally get around to registering.
A fellow engineer ay? Now that's a fun hobby you got there mate! Welcome aboard and thanks for joining :)

Trimesh

Banned
A fellow engineer ay? Now that's a fun hobby you got there mate! Welcome aboard and thanks for joining :)

Thanks for the welcome - I do like fixing old stuff, although sometimes it can sometimes be quite time consuming - one of my recent "fun" jobs was replacing the caps on a Pioneer LaserActive player, since the whole thing is full of those late '90s SMT aluminum electrolytics that seem to be heading towards a 100% failure rate now (as well as leaking electrolyte all over the board). I also replaced the caps in the Sega module, but still have the PC-Engine one to do.

Call of DutyWorld at WarPS3
Destruction DerbyPC
Half-LifeCounter-StrikePC
Counter-StrikeSourcePC
Counter-StrikeGlobal OffensivePC
GoldenEye007N64
Grand Theft Auto(original)PSX
Grand Theft AutoVice CityPS2
Grand Theft AutoSan AndreasPS2
Grand Theft AutoVPS3
Gran Turismo(original)PSX
Gran Turismo2PSX
Microsoft Flight Simulator3.0PC
Microsoft Flight Simulator6.0PC
Microsoft Flight Simulator2004: A Century of FlightPC
Midtown Madness(original)PC
NASCAR Racing2PC
Need for Speed3DO
Need for SpeedSpecial EditionPC
Postal2PC
Super Mario KartSNES
Twisted Metal(original)PSX
Twisted Metal2PSX

Old-timer here. I work a lot, so I don't often get to play; when I do these are the ones I either used to or do play.

Once my finances can support it I will transcend gaming and go off-roading and/or racing every weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom