• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Hemg

Neo Member
---General Stuff---

Hi Everyone!
Hemg here!

Actually my nick is a abreviation of my real name (which someone already use "Heng", but still works).
I am a "retro" player. I play games castlevania and metroidvania 's like.
Games like:
• Hollow Knight
• The Messenger
• Katana Zero
• All Metroids (but i my favorite is Metroid II: Return of Samus)
• All Castlevanias (my fav. is Castlevania: Curse of Darkness)
• Dead Cells
• Momodora, Reverie Under the Moonlight
• Etc.

--- Personal Stuff ---

My name is Henrique, i'm a brazilian guy, i'm 19 y.o.
I study Software Engineering and work as a IT Analyst and Focusing in Pentest and Blockchain.
I watch too much anime ("LET ME BE ISEKAI'D") and read manga.
I know a little about everything, is good to have an opinion made about everything and talk about everything. "Be open minded".
One of my biggest loves is TRPG (like D&D 3.5, GURPS, FFRPG, Shadowrun), i am a player and a master, played for 5 years and still countin'

--- Gaming Setup ---

• MOBA: AORUS PRO WIFI ATX
• GPU: 1660 GTX 6Gb OC
• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X 32Mb Cache
• SSD: 2x 480Gb Kingston
• MRAM: 2x 8Gb Vengeance 2444Mhz

Steam: .../profile/youseethatassxD or "Henrique Mendes".
Origin: DotHenry
Ubisoft: SW.Shikui

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hi, I like videogames, sports and beer.
giphy.gif

ColonizerJ

Neo Member
Hi everyone. I'm J. Not a Colonizer as there are no more colonies to be had, sadly.

Glad to be a member of this forum.

My favorite games are Fallout 4, Grim Dawn (What Diablo 3 was supposed to be IMO), Dragon's Dogma (a better Skyrim, again IMO), and Warframe among many others.

I also play a lot of Strategy Games on the side like Civ 6 and Colonist (A web game for the board game Settlers of Catan)

Thanks for the welcome (thread) :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hi everyone. I'm J. Not a Colonizer as there are no more colonies to be had, sadly.

Glad to be a member of this forum.

My favorite games are Fallout 4, Grim Dawn (What Diablo 3 was supposed to be IMO), Dragon's Dogma (a better Skyrim, again IMO), and Warframe among many others.

I also play a lot of Strategy Games on the side like Civ 6 and Colonist (A web game for the board game Settlers of Catan)

Thanks for the welcome (thread) :messenger_beaming:

Thanks for joining and looking forward to your participation!

tocuso

Neo Member
Hi, I am a player as most or all of the ones reading this " introducing letter". I like to play rpg games as well as other types of games like call of duty type, or Minecraft ( that I think is a Rog but I am not sure). Anyways, I joined this website, because I wanted some PS4 friends to play with ( I don't play sports games) and to share our games and if they have, the ps plus. If you want to know me better send me a message on Instagram, I am tocusommorpg.😁😁

kassj0peja

Neo Member
Hello everybody,

I am reading on this forum for many years already and decided to create an account. I am not really a gamer anymore but I am reading videogame related news almost every day. With Shenmue III I hope I will spend more time gaming again. I only have an Xbox One but basically only the Halo MCC for it. I still have a few BC games from the two previous generations and every once in a while I buy a discounted game on GOG. But I have not had a gaming PC for almost 20 years. In the past I liked games like Shenmue, Diablo, Deus Ex, Jedi Knight, Halo, Half-Life, Arcade Racers and Shmups. My most nostalgic gaming memories are definately on Sega consoles (Dreamcast and Mega Drive). I sent most of the time on PC with Soccer Managers and as a kid with the AMIGA 500. Besides the mentioned systems I played or even owned NES, Gameboy, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox and PSP.

Besides a very cheap used Xbox One, some second hand games for it, discounted GOG games, second hand PC games and Shenmue III on Kickstarter I recently backed the MClassic to get a sharper 1440p image for my 360 games and PC games I wont be able to run in high resolution. Before the release of Shenmue III I will have to buy a new PC and hope that the Asrock Mini 300 with a low cost AMD APU will be powerful enough. Other "more demanding" games I want to run are Halo SVP3, Outrun 2 and Gothic II with the DX11 mod.

Recently I liked that many older games were released on new platforms (Final Fantasy 7-12, Grandia, ...) but I am still hoping for ports of SCUD Race, Daytona USA 2, Border Down, F-Zero GX/AX. I also like the revival of former genres with the esthatics of the past. Current AAA games are almost not my cup of tea.

Of the upcoming games (besides Shenmue III) I am most looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and Halo Infinite. So I hope they will be decent enough on the Xbox One compared to the upcoming systems.

Getting to know the MClassic I also did some research on HDMI modified retro consoles like the Gamecube or Dreamcast. It would be nice to play F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, Border Down again but I think that is too expensive and mostly to satisfy my nostalgic memories.

KAL2006

Banned
I was a old Gaffer don't really post much to be honest more of a lurker. I went on to resetera after the drama, and honestly I wasn't really outraged with all the drama, I basically went to resetera as that was the default place for new news are a fast rate with tons of discussion. Unfortunately the place is a mess nowadays with outrage culture and crazy moderation so thought I'd check back here

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I was a old Gaffer don't really post much to be honest more of a lurker. I went on to resetera after the drama, and honestly I wasn't really outraged with all the drama, I basically went to resetera as that was the default place for new news are a fast rate with tons of discussion. Unfortunately the place is a mess nowadays with outrage culture and crazy moderation so thought I'd check back here

Welcome back KAL. Yeah, they're nutters over there. I've restored your account back to full member for a fresh start.

Shantae

Banned
Hey everyone, EviLore was nice enough to approve this account a while ago, I've just been afraid to post for a while. I was a old gaffer that used to go by Hyrule Warrior, but I honestly couldn't remember the password for that account so I decided to just start using this one. My new username is just a reference to one of the lovely girls of the J-pop trio Perfume. I highly recommend looking them up on youtube if you have not seen them before :) Nocchi is one of my favorites because she's a bit of a geek herself and likes to play games like Dragon Quest from what I know.

I'm just a 36 year old guy who loves single player video games, and is an avid lover of Japanese culture and music. My dream is to one day live and work there, and so you might often see me talk about those kind of things. I like a lot of anime games, but that doesn't mean I'm a pedophile like resetera would like to label me. I currently work third shift, so even though I live in america, I often will probably be on in the middle of the night if I am here. Personally I love working third shift, because I've always been a night owl, and at my job, I can just sit and play Nintendo Switch while I'm killing time lol.

I am glad to see that this site has turned over a new leaf, and all the insane seemed to go to resetera. I'm not gonna say everyone on every site is perfect, but the way neogaf is the way I used to think it should be. Being intolerant and hateful is not something to aspire to be, but to banish and dismiss so many people the way resetera does now is not the way to do things. Saying you support diversity, while bashing anyone who acts or thinks differently as hateful is just plain wrong, it's more ignorant than the people they seem to ban. I always thought the point of a discussion forum was to have to discussion, and I feel like neogaf is now embracing that, which is very nice to see. Thanks for welcoming me back EviLore, I'm happy to be here.

Mista

Banned
Hey everyone, EviLore was nice enough to approve this account a while ago, I've just been afraid to post for a while. I was a old gaffer that used to go by Hyrule Warrior, but I honestly couldn't remember the password for that account so I decided to just start using this one. My new username is just a reference to one of the lovely girls of the J-pop trio Perfume. I highly recommend looking them up on youtube if you have not seen them before :) Nocchi is one of my favorites because she's a bit of a geek herself and likes to play games like Dragon Quest from what I know.

I'm just a 36 year old guy who loves single player video games, and is an avid lover of Japanese culture and music. My dream is to one day live and work there, and so you might often see me talk about those kind of things. I like a lot of anime games, but that doesn't mean I'm a pedophile like resetera would like to label me. I currently work third shift, so even though I live in america, I often will probably be on in the middle of the night if I am here. Personally I love working third shift, because I've always been a night owl, and at my job, I can just sit and play Nintendo Switch while I'm killing time lol.

I am glad to see that this site has turned over a new leaf, and all the insane seemed to go to resetera. I'm not gonna say everyone on every site is perfect, but the way neogaf is the way I used to think it should be. Being intolerant and hateful is not something to aspire to be, but to banish and dismiss so many people the way resetera does now is not the way to do things. Saying you support diversity, while bashing anyone who acts or thinks differently as hateful is just plain wrong, it's more ignorant than the people they seem to ban. I always thought the point of a discussion forum was to have to discussion, and I feel like neogaf is now embracing that, which is very nice to see. Thanks for welcoming me back EviLore, I'm happy to be here.
Welcome back lads! Thanks for joining again

KAAAAAAL AND HYRUUUULEEEEEE ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN😭

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Welcome back KAL. Yeah, they're nutters over there. I've restored your account back to full member for a fresh start.

Thanks I didn't know if I was banned or not I just logged in and it worked.

And agree Era is full of crazies people need to realise they gonna disagree with eachothr and stop being so triggered.

I say my shit and move on, if people don't agree I really don't give a shit. In the end this is a forum stop taking shit seriously and personal.

BitDust

Hi, fled from WitchHuntEra, I want GAF back at full strenght. I'm tired of all that shit. I want to read and talk about videogames, not frustrated people who just want fucking attention destroying other's life and career with a zombie army behind them. Feel free to edit my post if you don't like it, but this is how I feel.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hi, fled from WitchHuntEra, I want GAF back at full strenght. I'm tired of all that shit. I want to read and talk about videogames, not frustrated people who just want fucking attention destroying other's life and career with a zombie army behind them. Feel free to edit my post if you don't like it, but this is how I feel.

Welcome. You are safe now, shhhhhh.....

Mista

Banned
It’s alright, you’re safe now my child.

giphy.gif

Hi, I'm Rya.

I'm into videogame since I was a little child. I started designing games myself at the age of 8. My favorite game of all time is SaGa Frontier and I'm a huge fan of Akitoshi Kawazu's game design. Most of the games I made after playing SGF are inspired by him. I also like most games made by tri-Ace, tri-Crescendo and Camelot (Sonic) Software Planning. And I like the original Phantasy Star series and actually think the game with the best dungeon design ever is Phantasy Star II. Occassionally I also play smaller arcade-like games (like Super Hexagon, Downwell, etc.), non-survival horror games (a Silent Hill 2 on beginner mode is fine too) and bullet hell shooters (mostly Touhou). So yeah, I guess my taste in games is quite unique.

I have been in gaming communities before, but as I'm a little bit strange, prefer to openly speak my mind and maybe also lack a bit of empathy (at least that's what people told me), I always end up hurting the more sensitive people and get banned or censored (and move on myself), even though I just want to discuss about games. I eventually ended up on Reddit, where I got along with most people, but due to Reddit's structure it seemed impossible to have in-depth game design discussions and you also won't really get to know the people on it really well, so you don't really feel part of a family unlike normal forums. Another problem is that if you have a taste that doesn't align with the majority your posts will always get downvoted (like if you dare to say that you like Unlimited Saga), which is why I prefer platforms where you can only "like" posts but not "dislike" them.

In the last "snowflake gaming community" I was in, I heard that there was some trouble with the NeoGAF owner which caused all the snowflakes/SJWs to leave and found ResetERA, which kind of made me interested in joining NeoGAF, though I was stopped by the requirement of having a paid e-mail address. I randomly checked NeoGAF again last weekend and saw that the requirement for a paid e-mail address was removed, so I decided to try my luck and now here I am.

I'm curious how well I fit it.

M. Phoenix

Neo Member
hey there. I might have made a mistake posting a reply to another thread before this one as it popped up saying "awaiting moderator approval", so sorry if made a faux pas there.

But yeah, I tend to favor playing the older more classic games. Back before games focused too much on "character art" or "story" or nonsense dialog and just the simpler time of gameplay. Not into indies much at all though, so for the most part its Nintendo and a few games here and there that usually get my interest.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hi, I'm Rya.

I'm into videogame since I was a little child. I started designing games myself at the age of 8. My favorite game of all time is SaGa Frontier and I'm a huge fan of Akitoshi Kawazu's game design. Most of the games I made after playing SGF are inspired by him. I also like most games made by tri-Ace, tri-Crescendo and Camelot (Sonic) Software Planning. And I like the original Phantasy Star series and actually think the game with the best dungeon design ever is Phantasy Star II. Occassionally I also play smaller arcade-like games (like Super Hexagon, Downwell, etc.), non-survival horror games (a Silent Hill 2 on beginner mode is fine too) and bullet hell shooters (mostly Touhou). So yeah, I guess my taste in games is quite unique.
Which Saga Frontier protagonist is your favorite?

(like if you dare to say that you like Unlimited Saga)

giphy.gif

Just kidding :messenger_winking_tongue:

So, I'm new here. It used to require a paid for email and my internet provider switched to AOL because it was cheaper for them so ::shrugs:: but I've always enjoyed reading and perusing the forum.

I just got Control for PS4 but haven't touched it yet. Partially because I just had a wisdom tooth removed and I feel like I won't properly experience the joy of the game right now in this pain, or in the funk the painkillers put me in.

Looking forward to Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk 2077, Outer Worlds and even Call of Duty for once, really interested in how they handle this new one, haven't been EXCITED for a Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 3, it's an interesting feeling.

So, my avatar is the album cover for Sulphur Aeon's album The Scythe of Cosmic Chaos, it's an interpretation of HP Lovecraft's Haunter of the Dark creature. I'm big into horror and metal and such things.

I'm 35 years old, my first console was an NES at a pretty young age. I've got nostalgia for the old stuff but I've never felt blinded by it, I love the new advances besides VR which I'm not especially interested in. Oh and I have thousands of hours in the two Destiny games, nothing has addicted me like Destiny since I was a Counter-Strike fan in the 2000s.

Which Saga Frontier protagonist is your favorite?
Personality-wise, I'd probably pick Asellus.

I also really like Emelia and T260G.

Red and Blue had some minor things that annoyed me in their adventure.

Riki was the worst because you have to fight the ring lord.

I like Lute but his story is a bit too incomplete.

Shrap

Yo! I'm Shrap. I used to post in the IGN vestibule forum but got bored as it's pretty much all shitposting. Wanted to join neogaf but the whole email restriction thing prevented me and then I saw it turn into a crazy SJW 1984-esque nightmare.

Glad to see neogaf has become a much more relaxed, open and welcoming place.

Top Bottom