• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

rickyEGM

Banned
Hello folks. Last gaming forum I posted on was back in the 1up days. I posted on EGM's board NGR primarily. I hate what the gaming community and publications have largely became, but this place seems pretty level-headed and I kind of miss the old days posting on forums. So here I am.

Mista

Banned
Hello folks. Last gaming forum I posted on was back in the 1up days. I posted on EGM's board NGR primarily. I hate what the gaming community and publications have largely became, but this place seems pretty level-headed and I kind of miss the old days posting on forums. So here I am.
I was also part of EGM and I'm long time friends with rickyEGM. I miss being on forums. Take me back Lord.
Hah, we got two mates here. Welcome aboard lads! Thanks for joining us :D

Galaed27310

Neo Member
Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

Hello everyone! I am Galaed27310 (Can be pronounced anyway you think but i always say Gal-ed) I am hoping to get more involved with the gaming community and the offtopic community. I might only post once in the politics community for that sweet sweet achievement but otherwise I hate politics with a burning passion to rival the sun. Message me if you think we can get along and/or have a ps4 that we can play on together :)

Maestr0

Hello Gaf ! I'm Maestro, Overwatch tryharder and Nintendo fanboy, I won't hide it. I followed but never joined gaf years ago, did go on resetera (never joined it too), then now stopped to follow resetera to go back to gaf (you really can't judge a book by its cover), I might not post a lot but I'll be there for the games :)

Last edited:

Gerhmanbg

Neo Member
Hello, I am Erol from Bulgaria. I have been playing games from an early age and they still are my hobbie.
I love RPG-s and interactive storitelling games mostly, but I do enjoy gems from other genres as well.
I think the game industry offers a unique way of merging storytelling and interactivity, and is my most beloved way of entertainment.

farjon

Neo Member
Hi fellas, I'm farjon, live in Southeast Asia, I'm very glad that I could join one of the biggest gaming forum like GAF.
I enjoy being in a community that share a common interest, either online or offline. I was a quite anxious person in school since I got a ton of verbal bullying and gaming will always be my saving grace out of it, by the way I'll turn 23 soon and graduate from college, and I just wanna have a side gig as a streamer, that's why I signing up here, to learn anything I could learn with gaming realm. thank youu 🤝

Neverbliss

Neo Member
Hey GAF...

I'm Neverbliss. I started playing videogames when I was 4 years old, if memory serves correctly. I can't remember how it started but a very old desktop computer and a NES come to mind.

I enjoy videogames, playing guitar, overthinking and spending time with my felines. I am a bit lost in regards to my place in life. Videogames have served as a escape/coping mechanism in this regard.

I'm a psychonaut and my most incredible experiences in life come from other dimensions. I have hopes that I'll experience the equivalents in this dimension someday... soon.

My favorite videogames include Metal Gear Solid series, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Legend of Zelda series and many other games which I mainly play on emulators.

I have been a lurker for years but only a little time ago I was able to register. Hope we get along for many years to come.

Howdy!

Name is Peter. Currently resides in Ireland. Did a fair amount of gaming journalism since 1996. Currently gaming on a PlayStation 4 Pro. Owns some pretty obscure amount of press kits and press discs. Pretty much obsessed with the talented work of various artists around the globe and can't have enough to admire their drawings and images.

Happy to be part of the GAF community here!

Mista

Banned
Hey GAF...

I'm Neverbliss. I started playing videogames when I was 4 years old, if memory serves correctly. I can't remember how it started but a very old desktop computer and a NES come to mind.

I enjoy videogames, playing guitar, overthinking and spending time with my felines. I am a bit lost in regards to my place in life. Videogames have served as a escape/coping mechanism in this regard.

I'm a psychonaut and my most incredible experiences in life come from other dimensions. I have hopes that I'll experience the equivalents in this dimension someday... soon.

My favorite videogames include Metal Gear Solid series, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Legend of Zelda series and many other games which I mainly play on emulators.

I have been a lurker for years but only a little time ago I was able to register. Hope we get along for many years to come.
Howdy!

Name is Peter. Currently resides in Ireland. Did a fair amount of gaming journalism since 1996. Currently gaming on a PlayStation 4 Pro. Owns some pretty obscure amount of press kits and press discs. Pretty much obsessed with the talented work of various artists around the globe and can't have enough to admire their drawings and images.

Welcome aboard lads and thank you for joining us :D Hopefully you’ll stick around and participate with us

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Howdy!

That's awesome, I don't know if you'd be down but I'd love to see photos of your collection. I think we have a "show us your collection" thread around here somewhere...

VeySander

Neo Member
Hi GAF,

I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster from Germany, I am 36 years old and I still love video games.

I worked as a gaming journalist in the past and I got good insight in the German gaming industry during these years. My favorite genres are RPGs, point & click adventures and strategy games. Lately, I prefer shorter games like rogue-likes.

I also like board games, SciFi-stuff, movies, comics, anime & manga - I studied Japanese history and language - and lots more.

Feels good to be finally here. :)

Codswallop_

Neophyte
Hello, went from Reddit to ERA. Registered here after I had my fill of the insanity at both places.

Small request:

Could I have my posts removed from automatic moderator approval? I mean, I get it with the history of what's happened, but it's frustrating waiting hours for a post to be approved when no staff members are online. By the time it finally gets posted the conversation will have moved on.

junguler

Banned
hi, i'm hossein, from iran and 29 yo, my account name loosly translates to parkourist which is ironic because i'm a fat dude.

i love third person action adventure games with light rpg mechanics, love dc more than marvel, i hardly watch a tv show or a movie i don't like and always find something to enjoy about them. love uplifting trance music and always listen to it when i go for a walk.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hello, went from Reddit to ERA. Registered here after I had my fill of the insanity at both places.

Small request:

Could I have my posts removed from automatic moderator approval? I mean, I get it with the history of what's happened, but it's frustrating waiting hours for a post to be approved when no staff members are online. By the time it finally gets posted the conversation will have moved on.

Hi Welcome. Being a mod I should know this but I think its only 5 posts until you are off moderator approval, so it is no heavy burden.

Furozen

Hi, everyone! My name is Bartosz and I'm from Poland.

I like single player games, especially RPGs and everything with "adventure" in it (from old-school point-and-click titles to modern third-person action-adventure games). My favorite game series, since PS2 days, is Yakuza. My favorite drama is The Wire, my favorite comedy is Seinfeld and... I don't know what else to say. I'm just happy to be here :messenger_grinning:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hi, everyone! My name is Bartosz and I'm from Poland.

I like single player games, especially RPGs and everything with "adventure" in it (from old-school point-and-click titles to modern third-person action-adventure games). My favorite game series, since PS2 days, is Yakuza. My favorite drama is The Wire, my favorite comedy is Seinfeld and... I don't know what else to say. I'm just happy to be here :messenger_grinning:

Welcome! Looking forward to your participation!

Hello friends and dear gamers. My real life name is Igor, 29, and I’m from Bosnia-Herzegovina 🇧🇦. Been lurking years ago around here and was frustrated not to be able to register due to e-mail policy. This is actually great feeling.
Forum looks great and I love high level of discussions.

Well, I love all kinds of games. RPGs and open-world action-adventures are my favorites. Witcher 3 and RDR 2 are my two GOAT games (don’t ask me which I like more, it’s impossible to decide). I’ve been gamer since mid-90s on Sony consoles mostly. I have over 50 platinums.

I like sports a lot (basketball favorite sport), movies, TV shows, politics, history etc. I have a university law degree.

My avatar is something I’ve found on twitter recently and I really like the picture 🙂. You won’t find more badass goat picture anywhere.

Top Bottom