• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I used to post here pre 2017-incident but forgot my details, but what a HUGE improvment this forum has undergone since those times. Massive props to Tyler for turning this around, it reminds me a lot of GAF circa 2009 when things were much more chill and friendly.

Thanks, and welcome back. If you end up remembering what your username was, let me know and I’ll sort you out.

Mista

Banned
Hello, I'm Rafa. been Lurking for years in here! finally have Guts to post after having this account for 2 years.
my hobby is reading and cooking. I hope I will be welcomed in the community, looking forward to talk to you all :)
Hi Rafa. Glad you decided to finally post :)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hello, I'm Rafa. been Lurking for years in here! finally have Guts to post after having this account for 2 years.
my hobby is reading and cooking. I hope I will be welcomed in the community, looking forward to talk to you all :)
Welcome Raf. What’s your favourite dish to cook?

Hozzicus

Neo Member
Hello! Where are my fellow omni liberals at? Kidding aside, I was a GAF member way back in 2014 (Jaleel) but the account's email is tied to my college email address and for the life of me I can't remember the account's details to reset the my old Gaf account which I forgot. Alas here I am, hoping to be more active this time around.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hello! Where are my fellow omni liberals at? Kidding aside, I was a GAF member way back in 2014 (Jaleel) but the account's email is tied to my college email address and for the life of me I can't remember the account's details to reset the my old Gaf account which I forgot. Alas here I am, hoping to be more active this time around.
Contact EviLore EviLore if you want your old account, he’ll definitely help. Welcome back :)

I'm gonna be real honest... My name is not really important, I'm not the brightest, nor the nicest fellow in the world... Butt-ugly, too... I'm not even that interested in video games... I was die-hard into it all years ago... Then the industry became all mainstream and weird and political... Not to mention what you're getting in video games these days is a load of old b.s... It's products you're getting now, not works of art like the old days... This is okay... Just the natural progression of anything once it reaches the mainstream... I just don't bother too much with anything these days... There's more to life than being ridiculously good looking, anyway...

You might wonder 'What's this guy's problem (yes, I'm a guy... sort of)? Why is he even here if he doesn't like games? God, somebody get rid of him ASAP!'... This is okay, also... To tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me nobody, I'm not even sure why I'm here... I guess there's still that glimmer of hope that the industry I once loved will provide something decent in the future...

I'll tell you, games these days are looking unbelievable... Graphically, that is... You might even say 'ridiculously good-looking'... I'm actually kinda shocked just how crazy they look without the need for FMVs... Oh, and that damn Final Fantasy VII Remake looks wonderful... reminds me of the old days... You know, when games really were quite something...

Anyway, enough rambling... I'm here because I do have some topics that I'd like to discuss and thread's I'd like to make, but, from what I understand, I've got to wait until I've made 50 posts until I can make threads... This is okay, kind of annoying, but, ultimately, understandable...

So there you have it... ABCDPGC... X TO THE MOTHER... ... ... you know the rest... I'm not sure I'm allowed to use foul language here, so I'll be a good boy and play by the rules... I've heard of this place for years... Never had the inclination to join, but, after a long delay, here I am... I come to you, naked as I am... JUST A MAN... WITH A MAN'S COURAGE... NOTHING BUT A MAN... ... ... You know the rest...

:messenger_ghost::messenger_ghost::messenger_ghost:

foxGlove

Neo Member
Welcome Raf. What’s your favourite dish to cook?

I love making sweets!
cookies, cakes, bread, and such, usually a friend would request something they want and I will try to make it.
here are some pics, got some baked cheese tarts, croissants, and vanilla puffs:

Im1RuGa.jpg

1YAWbzO.jpg

AYnbNYI.png

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I love making sweets!
cookies, cakes, bread, and such, usually a friend would request something they want and I will try to make it.
here are some pics, got some baked cheese tarts, croissants, and vanilla puffs:

Im1RuGa.jpg

1YAWbzO.jpg

AYnbNYI.png
Oh...my...god.

I thought you were gonna say “I make a mean pasta” or something.

You make croissants from scratch?

foxGlove

Neo Member
Oh...my...god.

I thought you were gonna say “I make a mean pasta” or something.

You make croissants from scratch?

yep, we rarely have pre-made dough sold around here, i’ve only seen puff pastry sheet so far, never seen cookie dough or anything.

That’s why I usually make the dough from scratch, and Let’s just say the croissants were quite the labor of love :messenger_beaming:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
yep, we rarely have pre-made dough sold around here, i’ve only seen puff pastry sheet so far, never seen cookie dough or anything.

That’s why I usually make the dough from scratch, and Let’s just say the croissants were quite the labor of love :messenger_beaming:
Well they look delicious. I know they are not easy to make (as in, they take a bit of effort).

Mista

Banned
I'm gonna be real honest... My name is not really important, I'm not the brightest, nor the nicest fellow in the world... Butt-ugly, too... I'm not even that interested in video games... I was die-hard into it all years ago... Then the industry became all mainstream and weird and political... Not to mention what you're getting in video games these days is a load of old b.s... It's products you're getting now, not works of art like the old days... This is okay... Just the natural progression of anything once it reaches the mainstream... I just don't bother too much with anything these days... There's more to life than being ridiculously good looking, anyway...

You might wonder 'What's this guy's problem (yes, I'm a guy... sort of)? Why is he even here if he doesn't like games? God, somebody get rid of him ASAP!'... This is okay, also... To tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me nobody, I'm not even sure why I'm here... I guess there's still that glimmer of hope that the industry I once loved will provide something decent in the future...

I'll tell you, games these days are looking unbelievable... Graphically, that is... You might even say 'ridiculously good-looking'... I'm actually kinda shocked just how crazy they look without the need for FMVs... Oh, and that damn Final Fantasy VII Remake looks wonderful... reminds me of the old days... You know, when games really were quite something...

Anyway, enough rambling... I'm here because I do have some topics that I'd like to discuss and thread's I'd like to make, but, from what I understand, I've got to wait until I've made 50 posts until I can make threads... This is okay, kind of annoying, but, ultimately, understandable...

So there you have it... ABCDPGC... X TO THE MOTHER... ... ... you know the rest... I'm not sure I'm allowed to use foul language here, so I'll be a good boy and play by the rules... I've heard of this place for years... Never had the inclination to join, but, after a long delay, here I am... I come to you, naked as I am... JUST A MAN... WITH A MAN'S COURAGE... NOTHING BUT A MAN... ... ... You know the rest...

:messenger_ghost::messenger_ghost::messenger_ghost:
Despite the weird introduction I sense that there’s an awesome lad behind this username. Looking forward to see you around more + feel free to cuss it’s allowed here, bitch. :D

Last edited:

Old Retro

Another longtime lurker here. I joined because I saw lots of good threads I want to participate in. I'm shocked how gaming has evolved since I started playing. Most of what I play are FPS and action/adventure. I still play so much, I wear out controllers (talking to you, Sony).

There's probably a steep dropoff for gamers in my age group, but as long as the love is strong...

Despite the weird introduction I sense that there’s an awesome lad behind this username. Looking forward to see you around more + feel free to cuss it’s allowed here, bitch. :D

'Awesome lad'? Now there's a laugh... I ain't nothin'.

Cussing's allowed? Well, kiss my ass, Dave... Hell, I should have gotten on my horse a long time ago and called the old man Sherry... But that's another story, Jack...

foxGlove

Neo Member
Well they look delicious. I know they are not easy to make (as in, they take a bit of effort).
thank you!
yeah, they took quite some time and patience to make. I still have a long way to go though.
but as long as my friends enjoy my food, I'm already happy with that. it's a joy to cook for others. :messenger_smiling:

Mista

Banned
'Awesome lad'? Now there's a laugh... I ain't nothin'.

Cussing's allowed? Well, kiss my ass, Dave... Hell, I should have gotten on my horse a long time ago and called the old man Sherry... But that's another story, Jack...
Yes! From the tone of that post I can tell that there’s a fun fella that you haven’t discovered maybe. Don’t be harsh on yourself bruv. Interact with everyone here and join discussions

Nikanuur

Neo Member
It's only too bad I didn't found this forum. And on the other hand, it's not and it's gorgeous. Because my first gaming nick was Gaf for reasons that arise from our language and from my friend's background.

That was 27 years ago mind you. Internet didn't really exist and NeoGAF neither. Muhehehe, hello all GAFs, I'm here for a reason. It's destiny.

Yes! From the tone of that post I can tell that there’s a fun fella that you haven’t discovered maybe. Don’t be harsh on yourself bruv. Interact with everyone here and join discussions

Honestly, I'm just making up the post count to get to 50...

Fun fact: This post was made while naked... for realzies

makemorelove

Neo Member
Hello world. 33 years old human here.
I was in the IT for about 6 years but it was too much stress and I decided to let it go.
Here's the unique introduction :
I'm playing games since 23 years and I'm addicted.
Happy Holidays :)
BTW, if you really make an effort to find me I do convert twitch prime accounts into real world living trees with #teamtrees. :)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Hey guys. I was a long time lurker, I mean like 10 years total. When shit went down in here, I went to ResetEra created account there, but I was banned for life in there (rightfully so, I must add). So yeah, I came back and here I am.

My name is Michal and I am from Czech Republic.

nush

Gold Member
Hey guys. I was a long time lurker, I mean like 10 years total. When shit went down in here, I went to ResetEra created account there, but I was banned for life in there (rightfully so, I must add). So yeah, I came back and here I am.

My name is Michal and I am from Czech Republic.
BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

Lrnex

Merry Christmas NeoGAF!

I’ve lurked around a bit and this place seems to be pretty open and tolerant of differing viewpoints (a rarity in this, The Age of the Echo Chamber) so looking forward to being a part of it!

I’m a fan of most things Nintendo, though I try to follow the whole video game industry as well. Video games are my primary escape from the mind numbing 9-5 and I have a lot of passion for the hobby!

Top Bottom