• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

I have a blood-red Brand tattoo right over my heart Mista Mista . Same proportions and everything as Casca. I used an official print.
tumblr_ow1qkq5lDy1tmvxxdo1_400.gifv

Duranki is good btw Mista Mista :

That manga is training his assistants (Studio Gaga) to actually do the main art on Berserk with him soon-ish as Miura failed to speed up with his switch to digital and instead started to manipulate the pixels he drew. 90%+ of Duranki ain´t drawn by him. That´s when the schedule will start going somewhere again. Duranki´s schedule is running like clockwork on the other hand and Miura said last year that Berserk is currently setting up the final arc right. his may be the last decade.

Berserk Musou was ok, the films went from eh to shit one by one (1 and 2 are clearly one single film too) and the new 2 cour anime. Like, fuck me fam..

Part 2 (correctly) explains why S02´s production was even worse.

Read Berserk Gaf. There are no substitutes. Dew it. Only the 1997/98 anime (by the Pokemon studio!) adapted it properly so far. The PS2 game tried it´s best too. Enough from me.
PS: I liked Destra. 8/10 Best Kojima game since MGS4.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Duranki is good btw Mista Mista :

That manga is training his assistants (Studio Gaga) to actually do the main art on Berserk with him soon-ish as Miura failed to speed up with his switch to digital and instead started to manipulate the pixels he drew. 90%+ of Duranki ain´t drawn by him. That´s when the schedule will start going somewhere again. Duranki´s schedule is running like clockwork on the other hand and Miura said last year that Berserk is currently setting up the final arc right. his may be the last decade.

Berserk Musou was ok, the films went from eh to shit one by one (1 and 2 are clearly one single film too) and the new 2 cour anime. Like, fuck me fam..

Part 2 (correctly) explains why S02´s production was even worse.

Read Berserk Gaf. There are no substitutes. Dew it. Only the 1997/98 anime (by the Pokemon studio!) adapted it properly so far. The PS2 game tried it´s best too. Enough from me.
PS: I liked Destra. 8/10 Best Kojima game since MGS4.

I still haven’t got the chance to read it unfortunately. Also join us here:

D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member
How long before I can open a thread?

I lost a bet and I need a "roast me" thread on a big forum

AliciaP

Neo Member
Hello everyone!

Im Alicia, from Canada and it's nice to meet you all. Going to keep my presentation brief, but I'm looking forward to being part of the community here. :)

I've just having stuck on GAF and gets curious about community here, honest.

Favorite games, possibly Clock Tower and Okami. Slightly odd choices but there we go. Also a huge fan of point and click/FMV games.

Looming forward to seeing you all around the forum. ^^

Last edited:

Nuhggie

Neo Member
Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.
Hello everybody My name is Christian or Nuhggie. For the most part im on this website for the gaming aspect of the forums. I enjoy playing call of duty and i tend to stream games in my free time on twitch. I dont stream any specific game i tend to go live with whatever game im feeling that day to keep it mixed up. Have a Nice day!

mrsfuzzy2424

Neo Member
Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.
Hi, I like watching and playing games online. I enjoy watching games more than playing. My favorite games to play are Fortnite, COD, and Minecraft!

Bartski

Gold Member
Hello! So happy to finally join after over a decade of lurking. I hope to communicate with likeminded people sharing my lifelong love for this amazing medium :)
For me it's been 32 years now since my dad brought home an Apple 2. I had finished every single point-and-click adventure game that was ever released for Amiga500 up until around '95, which is how I learned English as a kid. I love both narrative focused, slow paced games as much as I love fast action, both indie and AAA, mainly single player. I always preorder my games and play them day one. I check r/Eldenring roughly once in every 10 minutes. I have been following the industry real close for most of my life and I'll do my best to share whenever I feel I might have something interesting to say. My PSN is BMSvonSKW.
Have a great day!

BGs

Industry Professional
Hi everyone.

First of all, I apologize for my poor level of English writing.

I am European (for now) and I have been reading you for many years. I am delighted to be a part of this community seriously.

Since 1994 I have been 3DVFX Generalist, although for a few years I have been a producer and developer of cross-platform VR content in a new and small-medium-sized company (if it is necessary to give details I will do it directly to a mod, although I have to adequately inform myself of what is the correct procedure, when I have a free moment). But from the beginning I want to make one thing clear, I have not joined together to filter any type of private information or to advertise. I have joined to share opinions and hobbies beyond the professional and to help clarify doubts about the issues that I can, if necessary.

As for my personal tastes, I find it difficult to choose a favorite video game, there are many masterpieces, but if I had to choose a special one for me it would be Monkey Island.

The same goes for consoles, although I could assure you that PS2 has been the one that has given me the most hours of fun and that in my adolescence I have always considered myself a PC player, there is a special place in my heart for MSX (which by the way , for those who do not know, Sony was one of the manufacturers of the Hardware and Microsoft one of the adapters of the Software).

In my wetter thoughts I still dream of a future alliance (again) of Sony and Microsoft to create the definitive video game system (evil laugh).

Unfortunately, I don't have time for more right now. I hope to contribute to the forum everything that is allowed to me and, although my contributions may be spaced in time, I will try to always be interesting.

P.S.- My avatar is a cryptographic composition (formed from several internet images) that symbolizes my current state and the political condition of my nation. Hopefully one day I can proudly say that repression is over and human rights have returned. That will be the only day my avatar changes.

Cheers and play.

Last edited:

Aristide

Hi I'm french, 46 yr old and playing is my main hobby since hum.. forever (started with tabletop rpg and boardgames in the eighties, then slowly switched to mostly vidya ; after a long time mostly playing mmos, in the golden age -ok boomer :messenger_sunglasses:- of EQ1 and early WoW, I'm now more a solo player, and playing almost anything from survival horror fps to tycoons, with some vague preference for strategy games like Paradox titles and crpgs).
As to how I came here : at some point about two years ago I was curious how was the ambiance on big anglophone videogame forums as french are either small either full of teens. Unfortunately I signed to... Resetera. :messenger_dizzy: After a few months there, realizing they were complete crazies*, and virtually running back to France, I discovered the R thread here and became a regular lurker (finally I may be crazy too I abandonned Resetera only to continue to read them on neogaf :messenger_grinning_squinting:). Anyway as I can't resist visiting this thread again and again I decided to sign up and join 'the alt-right' a forum looking less like a sect.

(* and I'm not meaning leftists, I do support the french left which is certainly left of most american candidates but perhaps Sanders on any *serious* topic, but not crazy identarians asking for maoist autocritics if you don't like the good movie or dislike their videogame target of the month, make any attempt at humor or happen to be an unrepentant white heterosexual)

rootstereo

Neo Member
Hello guys! :D Glad to be part of this forums, really looks cool. I'm Javi from Venezuela and actually working with some friends game developers. Will be glad of sharing my games and my experieces with u guys,
Look for Wild Terra Online 1 and Wild Terra Online 2: New Lands on Steam and support us you will be higly rewarded. :D

GDRZ

Neo Member
Hey all, long time lurker/first time poster. Currently unemployed so looking for ways to spend time constructively.

Games I love (this gen otherwise I'm gonna be here a while...) - Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Metal Gear Solid V, DOOM, Apex Legends, Titanfall 2, Resi 7

Games I'm looking forward to - DOOM ETERNAL, FF7 remake, Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU2, Bayonetta/Vanquish re-release, Resi 3 Remake

Non-gaming things I'm interested in - Anime (particularly 90s anime), Gundam/Gunpla/mecha stuff, teetotalism/extreme self-care.

Avatar - first anime I was exposed to as a kid, have loved it ever since (AKIRA)

Jooxed

Gold Member
root number root number M marcyf Welcome!

Hello guys! :D Glad to be part of this forums, really looks cool. I'm Javi from Venezuela and actually working with some friends game developers. Will be glad of sharing my games and my experieces with u guys,
Look for Wild Terra Online 1 and Wild Terra Online 2: New Lands on Steam and support us you will be higly rewarded. :D

FRi3BEF.jpg

Hadwan1

Neo Member
Hi Everyone,

I like to go by ZitroMax while gaming, it's a medicine that healed me once I was sick
I still remember the day my father brought me the PS1 when I was very young. I have been convincing myself for years that I would stop playing games as soon as I am in college but guess what? I am in my mid twenties and probably gonna buy the PS5 ^^ .
I believe that games are a way out of many others that allow me to disconnect from reality, connect to a story and get lost in stunning worlds

Glad to have joined NeoGaf and looking forward to being part of this community =)

TheLastAmadeus

Neo Member
Hello my name is Amadeus like the composer and the song . I am brand agnostic as long as it's a great game I'll play it on the system it was intended for and I'll give my honest objectively based opinion.
I grew up in the golden age of gaming and excited to see it's making its second come around again. What a time to be alive ;-).

Karma Jawa

Hi. I’m from England.

Among my favourite games are Maniac Mansion, Beneath a Steel Sky, Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3, Mass Effect series, Bioshock series, Firewatch, Black Flag, and RDR2. Currently working my way through AC Odyssey.

I teach in an art university, and always try to keep an open mind whilst never afraid to speak mine.

Red Letter Media brought me here, or more specifically a thread that came up on Google where they were getting slated. I love the guys on RLM and was surprised to see so much vitriol written about them. I found another RLM thread on that forum that seemed pretty normal, and went to sign up purely to chat in that community.

My application was rejected, which seemed odd considering this was based entirely on my username, email address, and age. I decided to read a bit more about that forum and fell into a wormhole of events that led me to here.

Apologies in advance.

Mista

Banned
Welcome aboard everyone! Thanks for joining us :D
Hello my name is Amadeus like the composer and the song . I am brand agnostic as long as it's a great game I'll play it on the system it was intended for and I'll give my honest objectively based opinion.
I grew up in the golden age of gaming and excited to see it's making its second come around again. What a time to be alive ;-).
I see that avatar BOY! We’re going to be best friends

Hadwan1

Neo Member
Welcome aboard everyone! Thanks for joining us :D

I see that avatar BOY! We’re going to be best friends
Nice to meet you Amadeus, good to know that you are objective when playing games!
I was wondering if you post your opinions somewhere, would love to check it out

Top Bottom