• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Melon

Banned
Greetings,

I'm going to refrain from using my real name, but you can call me Apple or by my username, Appleprosy... or Leprosy, I guess? It was random, and it shows I have a thing for portmanteau.

Anyway, I'm 36. Wife. Daughter. We're a family of educators. Texas. I like typical nerd shit. I'm getting back into video games again, though I never really left. I was a collector once, but that didn't turn out well. Debt. Yeah, most of my hobbies got away from me.

I'm trying to keep a small backlog... or none at all. That's my goal. Beat the game I buy before I buy another. Hopefully, I don't go down dumbass lane again with limited boutique releases and 'miibo and shit to put on my shelves. I doubt I dabble in retro again... unless prices go down and I prove I can stick to the above practice.

Lastly, this place goes way back for me. Though I was never a member, I always wanted to be one. However, pre-Era, I found this place to be a place where I wouldn't be welcomed. I joined Era in '17 and tried to fit in. I've been banned a few times for simply giving my opinion. This place seems to be welcoming to all people now, so I'm here.

Basically, I love my country and president. That's cool if you don't. I'm not a Nazi. I'm not a _______. You're not a _______. We're all different humans. Politics and Religion should not be a weapon in a hobby community to push others out... or to come across as the Ultimate Warrior of "Righteousness." I'm just a regular dude that wants to talk video games.

Thanks,
Apple

Welcome, Apple! I hope you enjoy yourself here and stick around. Plus us fruits gotta stick together, ya know?

Jtibh

Banned
Greetings,

I'm going to refrain from using my real name, but you can call me Apple or by my username, Appleprosy... or Leprosy, I guess? It was random, and it shows I have a thing for portmanteau.

Anyway, I'm 36. Wife. Daughter. We're a family of educators. Texas. I like typical nerd shit. I'm getting back into video games again, though I never really left. I was a collector once, but that didn't turn out well. Debt. Yeah, most of my hobbies got away from me.

I'm trying to keep a small backlog... or none at all. That's my goal. Beat the game I buy before I buy another. Hopefully, I don't go down dumbass lane again with limited boutique releases and 'miibo and shit to put on my shelves. I doubt I dabble in retro again... unless prices go down and I prove I can stick to the above practice.

Lastly, this place goes way back for me. Though I was never a member, I always wanted to be one. However, pre-Era, I found this place to be a place where I wouldn't be welcomed. I joined Era in '17 and tried to fit in. I've been banned a few times for simply giving my opinion. This place seems to be welcoming to all people now, so I'm here.

Basically, I love my country and president. That's cool if you don't. I'm not a Nazi. I'm not a _______. You're not a _______. We're all different humans. Politics and Religion should not be a weapon in a hobby community to push others out... or to come across as the Ultimate Warrior of "Righteousness." I'm just a regular dude that wants to talk video games.

Thanks,
Apple
Never posted in here but i give you my first welcome.
Some of what you wrote resonates with me.
I was reading gaf daily since 2012. Always wanted to be a part of it but sadly never made the cut. It almost felt like an elite place i could never measure up to.
Many years later here i am, still alive ,dodged some bullets and keep evolving as much as i can.
Anyways welcome and hope you will have as much fun here as me.

Appleprosy

Never posted in here but i give you my first welcome.
Some of what you wrote resonates with me.
I was reading gaf daily since 2012. Always wanted to be a part of it but sadly never made the cut. It almost felt like an elite place i could never measure up to.
Many years later here i am, still alive ,dodged some bullets and keep evolving as much as i can.
Anyways welcome and hope you will have as much fun here as me.

Glad we are both here.

Innoculis

Neo Member
Hey everyone! Been a looooooong time lurker...very long time. Finally decided to create an account.

Anyhow, I've been gaming over 30 years, loving every moment of it. I have three kids, wifey, house, dog, cat...all that stuff. Even though I am a family man, I've never given up my passion. I'm console agnostic, I had my fun in the great Console Wars of the 90's. I game on just about everything, and am full of knowledge about it. Feel free to hit me up to chat gaming!

Hope you all are staying healthy out there.

--Innoculis

Last edited:

Melon

Banned
Hey everyone! Been a looooooong time lurker...very long time. Finally decided to create an account.

Anyhow, I've been gaming over 30 years, loving every moment of it. I have three kids, wifey, house, dog, cat...all that stuff. Even though I am a family man, I've never given up my passion. I'm console agnostic, I had my fun in the great Console Wars of the 90's. I game on just about everything, and am full of knowledge about it. Feel free to hit me up to chat gaming!

Hope you all are staying healthy out there.

--Innoculis

Well, welcome to the posting side of things! I sure hope you enjoy your time here. <3

Jbomb19

Hi everyone. I’m in California and fell in love with video games when becoming obsessed with Super Mario Sunshine helped me get over a broken heart. Used to be strictly a Nintendo girl until watching my husband play Horizon Zero Dawn and broadened my horizons (pun intended?). Zelda is my all time favorite franchise but I also love the Assassins Creed franchise; basically will play any action adventure games like the Uncharted series, Arkham series and the Tomb Raider Series. Recently became obsessed with The Last of Us and am someone whose actually sort of intrigued by some plot details that leaked, but gonna reserve final judgment for the final product. Currently playing: AC: Syndicate (again). Favorite games of all time? breath of the wild, horizon zero dawn and paper Mario: thousand year door.

musainc

Neophyte
Hello Guys My Name Is Gilang...Currently I work at Nubia Redmagic Company. Nice To Meet You guys. Have a nice day and keep game everyday like me hehe

Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.

Duck In Ur Shirt

Neo Member
Hey everyone. Well, let's see... I've been lurking off & on for ~ 10 years now. I first heard of it through Gamefaqs (I know, I know), and started visiting here for leaks/details about a possible Devil May Cry 5 (back in 2009 or so).

The only other message boards I've really used for the past 6+ years, are those on Reddit and Steam - and I just can't deal with that shit anymore. I've needed to diversify, and decided to finally make an account because it's become apparent that actual discussion is had here - as opposed to most boards nowadays (and it has a nice "Goldilocks" sized population).

Anyways, I'm a dude in my mid-30's and I live in the middle of the US (a "flyover" state in the bible belt - sometimes it sucks, but sometimes it's not so bad being one of the smarter peanuts in the turd).

Action games are my favorite genre (primarily shooters as of late, although DMC5 has been a staple game). I don't play as many video games as I used to, but my latest game is/was Doom Eternal. I recently made the switch from primarily console to, now, exclusively PC gaming (built a new rig).

Favorite game series is Devil May Cry. Other favorites include(d) Zelda, Castlevania, Doom, Battlefield, Gears of War (1-3), and Tenchu.

Other hobbies: Pursuing education through reading, listening to podcasts/lectures/audiobooks, playing guitar, and, lately, gardening. My favorite subjects are science (primarily biology, psychology, anthropology, and physics), history (primarily history spanning from the 16th century to the Bronze Age and earlier), etymology/language, and philosophy.

Movies and TV shows don't really interest me much anymore... Although I am excited for the new Dune movie... and I guess I do enjoy Westworld and The Boys. I grew out of anime in my mid-late 20's, although I do still follow the Berserk manga (I also liked Gantz and the GITS: SAC anime).

Shit, was that too long? I thought that I was over the narcissism of my youth... Who the fuck reads all of this anyway? Stop!

giphy.gif

ZeroFool

After 7-yrs my account was approved, so pretty excited about a shorter than normal waiting period.

Thanks for the invite! I am now much older, my game collection is huge, but my kids only play minecraft and fortnite so please don't judge me on that.

My hobby and business revovles around 3D printers and I even have a horrible youtube channel.

My favorite game is Starwars Galaxies pre NXE... Otherwise I enjoy racing games, RPGs, and the mind bending stuff we see from first party Studios. I don't have a favorite console, just a favorite controller.

I once had that controller shown on Kotaku, this was before I had three kids. 🤔

/pardon my attempt at 🤣. It did not take 7-yrs, it might have been longer. Thanks all!

Top Bottom