• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF MotorStorm Thread

AZ Greg

Just completed the game, gold on every event! :D

I must say that the cries of the game being too difficult or "cheap" are overblown (for the most part). If you're consistently having problems then you aren't playing the game properly. Learning the ideal route, boost management, and having a little patience when it comes to passing go a long way.

However, I will say that whichever member of Evolution thought events on The Tenderizer using light vehicles vs. a swarm of heavy vehicles would be fun needs to be fired! That is the one event where you can't just play it right, you need to get lucky. I felt like snapping my disc every time I would be nearing the finish line only to have one of the bigger vehicles come from out of my sight and smash me. :lol I struggled on this event whether it was level 3, level 4, or the final time they force you to do it during the 21st ticket.

That said, bring on more DLC/Motorstorm 2!

Also, Motorstorm nights need to be revived! If anyone wants to play sometime my PSN is AZ_Greg.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
AZ Greg said:
Just completed the game, gold on every event! :D

I must say that the cries of the game being too difficult or "cheap" are overblown (for the most part). If you're consistently having problems then you aren't playing the game properly. Learning the ideal route, boost management, and having a little patience when it comes to passing go a long way.

However, I will say that whichever member of Evolution thought events on The Tenderizer using light vehicles vs. a swarm of heavy vehicles would be fun needs to be fired! That is the one event where you can't just play it right, you need to get lucky. I felt like snapping my disc every time I would be nearing the finish line only to have one of the bigger vehicles come from out of my sight and smash me. :lol I struggled on this event whether it was level 3, level 4, or the final time they force you to do it during the 21st ticket.

That said, bring on more DLC/Motorstorm 2!

Also, Motorstorm nights need to be revived! If anyone wants to play sometime my PSN is AZ_Greg.
I can when I get a minute. And I agree, the game is not hard. It got semi challeging on the last 3-4 tickets. Other than that we need that DLC now!!!!!!!!!!

jax (old)

Banned
I thought I'll prep myself for MS2 by playing this but ... urgh. The race I was on is the moon physicky big rig race ticket 8 (?) and the stupid vehicles would

a) get lodged on tiny bits of rock/tree
b) float through the air like it was a lesser vehicle much less a big rig
c) explode over nothing
d) roll really easily
e) when i got stuck behind a rock once, I tried to reverse, the game immediately went "WRONG WAY" and within 1 second the vehicle was reset which cost me more time
f) I noticed that when you had a major collision, the audio work was nothing and there was no papable sense of impact. You boost right into a wall and it bounces or the side panels fall off like it was paper machie

It has been months since I played MS and and points A-F were all experienced in 3 consecutive games. I took it out of my PS3 in disgust.

Interest in the sequel = falling.

Top Bottom