• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
WipeoutBanner-1.jpg

Credit for the banner and graphics in the thread goes to Firewire

Release: September 25th US and UK
Price: $20, £11.99, 17,99€
Official site: http://www.wipeouthd.com/
Official Wipeout HD Online Mathem Match Up Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335484
The official WipEout HD custom soundtrack support thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335469

Wipeout HD is a downloadable entry in the Wipeout racing franchise, developed by Sony Liverpool. The first entry in the series on the PlayStation 3, the game is largely a high-definition remake of past elements from the Wipeout Series - including tracks and teams from the PlayStation Portable games, Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse - whilst adding some new features to the franchise.The high-definition upgrade allows the game to render graphics output at 1080p resolution with a frame rate of 60fps, and combines a Dolby 5.1 surround soundtrack.

tracks.png

There are eight available tracks in Wipeout HD, all of which are remastered versions of tracks from the two previous PlayStation Portable Wipeout games; six of the tracks are from Wipeout Pure, and two are from Wipeout Pulse. All tracks can be played forward and backwards, much akin to the "black" and "white" modes of Wipeout Pulse, as well as in Zone mode.

Wipeout Pure Tracks:

* Chenghou Project
* Sol 2
* Vineta K
* Sebenco Climb
* Anulpha Pass (from "Delta" expansion pack)
* Ubermall (from "Gamma" expansion pack)

Wipeout Pulse Tracks:

* Moa Therma
* Metropia

teams.png

Twelve teams are featured in Wipeout HD, and their ship designs are taken directly from Wipeout Pulse:

* AG Systems
* Assegai Developments
* Qirex Research and Development
* Piranha Advancements
* EG-X Technologies
* Triakis
* Goteki 45
* FEISAR
* Mirage
* Icaras
* Harimau International
* Auricom Research Industries

music.png

The soundtrack comprises nine tracks, presented in Dolby 5.1 surround sound. The game also allows use of custom soundtracks, so that any music stored on the PlayStation 3 hard drive can be selected during gameplay for use in races.

* MoveYa! & Steve Lavers: Chemical
* Stanton Warriors: Tokyo
* DJ Fresh: X-Project (100% Pure mix)
* Ed Rush, Optical & Matrix: Frontline
* Noisia: Seven Stitches
* MIST: Smart Systems
* Mason: Exceeder - Special mix
* Booka Shade: Steady Rush
* Kraftwerk: Aerodynamik (Alex Gopher/Etienne De Crecy Dynamik Mix)

TrophyList.png

(Thanks to user TTP)

There are 38 trophies overall.

Platinum
Trascendence - Earn all the trophies in the game

Bronze
Uplift - Obtain a medal for every cell in Uplift
Warped - Obtain a medal for every cell in Warped
Frenzy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Frenzy
Vertigo - Obtain a medal for every cell in Vertigo
Head Rush - Obtain a medal for every cell in Head Rush
Speed Freak - Obtain a medal for every cell in Speed Freak
Drop Zone - Obtain a medal for every cell in Drop Zone
Meltdown - Obtain a medal for every cell in Meltdown
1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go... - Obtain your first gold medal
Flatland Flyer - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma
Own the Zone - Get 20 consecutive perfect zones in a single Zone Mode event
Double Kill - Eliminate at least two opponents in any race
Endurance - Finish an online 12 race tournament
Connected 1 - Finish 10 online races

Silver
Campaign Legend - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in race Campaign
Airbraker - Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be tuned off
Connected 2 - Win 10 online races
Lapped Out - Complete 99 laps in a single Racebox, Speed Lap session
AG Assassin - Eliminate 50 online opponents
WipEout Disciple - Obtain 100,000 loyalty points for any team

Gold
Elite Campaign Legend - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty
Zone Zeus - In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track
Arcade Perfect - Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty
Beat Zico - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha
Livery Liberation - Unlock every ship skin in the game

Secret
There are 11 secret trophies which I'm not able to report details about cos they are, well, secret.

pictures.png

More here

videoscorrect.png

GC08 Trailer
Gravity Ends Trailer
Wired Gameplay
10 720p videos

reviews.png

Eurogamer- 9/10
"The result is a game that commands your attention, ruthlessly hauling your eyes into the flatscreen while tickling your brain with impeccable track design and spine-snapping speeds. Sackboy may be the new face of PlayStation, but the console just hasn't been the same without WipEout. It's great to have it back."

IGN- 9.2/10
"While WipEout HD is essentially a redressing of the previous PSP games, it's hard to complain when the source material was so good in the first place and the redressing is so assured. As a standalone title, WipEout HD would impress, but as a download title it's nothing short of essential. "

Videogamer- 9/10
"If Sony keeps churning out PSN games like this they'll put the retail industry out of business."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh YEAH FINALLY :D ! I'll say it again:

1080p
60fps
Trophies
Custom Soundtrack
Photo mode
Split screen
16 tracks (8 + reversed)
20 fucking bucks!

:D :D

Grayman

WIPEOUT!!

Can anyone dig up a list of the craft available in this one? I think that the roaster is less than full.

Anyone got track maps :D

Grayman

Gbeav said:
need demo, I've never played wipeout before.
Got a PSP? You can get a PSP demo of Pulse to get the idea.

Wipeout is an incredibly fast anti gravity racer. "Air Brakes" on the left and right of the craft are used to take tight corners without losing much speed. Speed boosts and weapon pads are spread out over the track and help emphasize a good racing line as they are only a little bit wider than the AG craft. WO is a great pure fun game series.

Gbeav

Banned
Grayman said:
Got a PSP? You can get a PSP demo of Pulse to get the idea.

Wipeout is an incredibly fast anti gravity racer. "Air Brakes" on the left and right of the craft are used to take tight corners without losing much speed. Speed boosts and weapon pads are spread out over the track and help emphasize a good racing line as they are only a little bit wider than the AG craft. WO is a great pure fun game series.

No. But I defiantly will need a demo before I spend 20 bucks.

gray_fox224

Seiken said:
Oh YEAH FINALLY :D ! I'll say it again:

1080p
60fps
Trophies
Custom Soundtrack
Photo mode
Split screen
16 tracks (8 + reversed)

20 fucking bucks!

:D :D

Oh WOW

And thank God for the fact that you can buy it with exact change. FUCK YOU MICROSOFT and YOUR POINTS.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Nice thread title.

Needs more pics.

Cant wait til the 25th, which is also my birthday.

So.... Happy fucken birthday to me. Love Sony.

EktorPR

C'mon, OP: let's get all those resources people are posting into the opening post itself. We need a juicy one for this game. :D

Ike

EktorPR said:
C'mon, OP: let's get all those resources people are posting into the opening post itself. We need a juicy one for this game. :D
I'm on it.

Ike

If someone would like to make a better banner, it would be much appreciated. My photoshop skills are minimal at best.

nofi

Hands on from me.

"To say it’s a beautiful game is an understatement: it’s breathtaking. No amount of online videos can prepare you for just how amazing this thing looks in motion on your own TV set, and coupled with some bass-heavy sound effects and nine music tracks (in full 5.1) we can’t wait to hear what you think of it for yourselves next week."

Top Bottom