• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation event is rumored to be on the 19th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned

I have no idea how reliable this person is, but so far, this is what we have. Hopefully, the date is correct.

Edit:

It seems the event is real, since Sony has a marketing deal with Call of duty, just like how xbox has marketing deals for battlefield games.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Just because I like to drop blood in the water for the sharks, Blue Box game studios just started following this guy on Twitter.
👀
Licking Jackie Chan GIF

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
They will get the right month eventually if they keep guessing, see you guys in September, for the next set of rumoured dates.
I mean it's not that hard.

You just make a list of every Thursday in a month (because Sony is publishing SoP on Thursday) and there is 100% chance that you will be right at least once.
So, SoP will be either on 12th or 19th or 26th :)

*INSIDER*
Season 1 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

Last edited:

Ellery

It is funny how I now have an internal delay-expectation-built-in-device.

Late September/Early october it is.

Hunnybun

Surely the writing was on the wall regarding a Sony 'event' when they had their dedicated Horizon SOP. If they were going to do a blowout they'd have had that as one of the headliners.

I think the truth is they haven't got much else coming this year and will stay quiet until they have stuff to show. Which fucking sucks, because I'm starving for news, but there it is. Maybe we'll get something at the Game Awards.

Kokoloko85

Sure…. Ill believe it when I see it. Im hating this new approach of repeating 1 or 2 games with some indies. Bring back E3

Plus Sony’s show have been pretty awful since the PS5 reveal. Apart from Final Fantasy 16 reveal there hasnt been anything new.
Its gonna be another crappy repeat show. Another look at Kena, probably bloody Deathloop again and Horizon 2. Ill be buying Horizon and Kena anyway, I don’t need to see more

Give me some new PS5 exclusives, there hasnt been any announced since September.

Last edited:
Yesss!! It’s been a while since we had something to be hyped about, I like it! True or false.

I mean, Gran Turismo update and new announcement? Even if you tried your best, you cannot not be hyped about that.

SilentUser

Insiders are pointing tons of thurdays as the date of Sony's next event for a while now, it is annoying af. I've stopped listening to them a long time ago.

About this rumor, would like that date because it is my birthday :p

Markio128

As GT7 is my most anticipated PS5 game, I hope this rumour is true. I’d be up for a GT7 Prologue in all honesty. Whatever happens, I’m looking forward to the 8pm (UK) update today.

yurinka

Sony has been making a State of Play every month and didn't do anything for E3, so it's fair to assume they will make another one in August. They always make it on Thursday and and there are only 2 of them left if we don't count the one of this week because it's too close. As always they will show known games and will announce some new one. The previous one was focused on 3rd party games so this one should be focused on 1st party games.

I think it's time to show GoW gameplay, and if it's true Horizon will be delayed they'll show it and announce it too.

Last edited:
I want an auto-thread-ignore function for certain words in the thread title....like "leaker", "rumour" etc.
Or you could use something called a brain and just ignore threads with certain words in them and not click them ever and choose not to participate. But hey...not everyone has a brain. :)

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Tbh i kinda dont care anymore, i’ve lost interest a long time ago. Sony have been disrespecting its core fanbase for a very long time now.
Zero communication, cross plat titles one after the other etc etc. Also their latest SoP was pure garbage not wasting anymore time on those. Either give us a big show or fuck off Jimbo.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I want an auto-thread-ignore function for certain words in the thread title....like "leaker", "rumour" etc.
That exists. It is pretty easy to use. Just don't click threads with that in the title. After you don't click them, or even if you actually do, the next step is don't reply. Two simple steps!

saintjules

I'll entertain it a bit. He's part of Games Radar and they have a future games showcase with Gamescom. And they're having Laura Bailey a part of it. Not exactly someone who 'came out of nowhere'.

Last edited:

DonF

They tipically announce events like this a couple of days before, right? I'll wait and see. But god damnit I need something, Sony! Anything!!

KAL2006

Banned
I have insider information that there will be a event on August 19th

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in September

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in October

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in November

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in December

We’ve been hearing different dates for months now and no one has been right as of yet.

It’s true that a lot of these leakers come up with BS claims but we also have to understand that plans are in constant change so nothing can be reliable unless it’s from Sony themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom