• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "PS3 games impression" Official Thread

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Yes, I had to do that ! There are some fellows that already own their PS3´s and I´d like to put all their impressions in one Thread ! I think its something worthy.

Please :)

DCharlie and Reno, start this please. Or anybody else who owns the console :D

PS3 Version Purchased - 60GB
Games Purchased - Resistance , RR7
Playstation Network Platform Username - ddkawaii(primary) and SIXAXIS(secondary)
Packaging - Very heavy but very nice
Build Quality - Very nice, feels much more expensive than 360. My only gripes are the chrome and the power button.
Controller - Very light and comfortable, home button seems like it would be easy to hit on accident but its not, triggers take some getting used to and could be better but only takes minutes to get used to
Noise - Very quiet even while BluRay Drive is spinning
Heat - About same as 360
PS1/PS2 Emulation easy to do with HDD based memory card emulator and worked on all the games I tried
Browser - AWESOME!
Network Store - I downloaded 2 games and a couple of trailers. No problems logging in or adding my friends who already heave PS3s

Anything else u wanna know before I go to sleep?

*edit* WOW , I just saw myself on 2 different news stations! They also filmed me playing Mario Kart while waiting and did an interview which will be on Sunday. lolz

DarkYabu said:
Which two games did you download and how are they so far?
Everyday Together (Mainichi Isshou) and Blast Factor.
Blast Factor is like Geomoetry Wars, except it takes place in a fluid, and u can jerk the sixaxis to the left or right to make the fluid shift making the baddies also shift. Its pretty fun. If u like Geo Wars and are good at it, Blast Factor is good. Everyday Together is free but I haven't messed with it much.

TekunoRobby said:
What's Resistance like, PLAY THAT.

I played with A TON of people and it was really fun with no lag. Its pretty much a normal FPS but the scale is big and the graphics are really nice. Its one of the cheaper PS3 games and well worth the price of entry.

RR7 is a little bit prettier than RR6 but seems quite a bit more polished (and RR6 was very slick IMO) The gameplay is typical current-day Ridge. Drifting is very on rails and it has nitro, although the nitro mechanics seem to be a little different. No time to play becuse I was messing with Resistance.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Chris_C said:
Why is everyone who has a PS3 getting showers and going to sleep!? Post PICS PLEASE!!!

Prob'ly because they stayed up all night to get their PS3s and it's noon in Japan now?

Danthrax said:
Prob'ly because they stayed up all night to get their PS3s and it's noon in Japan now?

Yes. Everyone is 1203 right now. Everyone is probably dead tired. I'm only posting to be nice and give u a preview until others post more and do pics.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ddk_ps3 said:
Yes. Everyone is 1203 right now. Everyone is probably dead tired. I'm only posting to be nice and give u a preview until others post more and do pics.

Thanks! I applaud your awesomeness.

applause.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ddk_ps3 said:

I`m sure a couple crazy people went to work as well.

Top Bottom