• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS3 Games List - plus release dates and more!

I'm happy to see a new RedDead. I still play it now and again.

hmmm not liking the launch lineup at all. I dont mind waiting a month till the games I want come out, but I'll never find a 500 model 1 month later, so that sucks. I dont think the lineup justifies a day one buy.

BTW I'm still predicting that the 500 model will be on ebay for MORE than the 600 dollar one. Sounds stupid but you just wait and see supply and demand in action

LevelNth

Banned
Updated a couple things, including the Japan launch list. Added Siren and removed Kurayami. I'm thinking they'll be much more to add with Sony's Gamer's Day coming up on the 19th.

jarrod

Banned
Capcom's "untitled action game" turned out to be Monster Hunter 3... it's not a seperate title. Likewise Tecmo's "untitled action adventure" is probably NG Sigma, though I thought there were rumblings about a new PS3 Fatal Frame too, so maybe not?

Also, Sega Golf Club is made by AM1 and Virtua Tennis 3 is from AM3 (not AM2). Great list though overall. :)

LevelNth

Banned
jarrod said:
Capcom's "untitled action game" turned out to be Monster Hunter 3... it's not a seperate title. Likewise Tecmo's "untitled action adventure" is probably NG Sigma, though I thought there were rumblings about a new PS3 Fatal Frame too, so maybe not?

Also, Sega Golf Club is made by AM1 and Virtua Tennis 3 is from AM3 (not AM2). Great list though overall. :)
MH3 was actually originally listed as Untitled Action Adventure; the Untitled Action game is a different project. Likewise, Sigma was listed as Untitled Action originally; the Untitled Action Adventure is again a different project.

As for the dev listings, updated. :)

Mr Wispy

Meh. The PS3 hype is passing completely over my head. Nothing at launch even looks remotely interesting or inventive.
The only reason I'll end up getting one is for MGS4 and Silent Hill 5.

Wollan

It is known that there is a ongoing WipEout project for the PS3 (as well as another for PSP).
There are of course quite a few more launch games than the ones listed here.

Good work, keep it up.

jarrod

Banned
LevelNth said:
MH3 was actually originally listed as Untitled Action Adventure; the Untitled Action game is a different project.
Nope, it's the same listing. Capcom never had an "untitled action adventure" in any formal release lists, it's always been 3 titles (BH5, DMC4 and tba action, which was later announced as MH3). If you don't believe me, check thier website (the tba action game dissapeared when MH3 was announced).... you won't find 4 announced PS3 Capcom titles on any formal game lists though (at least as of now) it's just 3 games.

LevelNth said:
Likewise, Sigma was listed as Untitled Action originally; the Untitled Action Adventure is again a different project.
It could be, but likewise I don't believe Tecmo previously had announced 2 titles, just one (tba action adventure)... most speculation was pointing towards it being Fatal Frame, but given the recent Sigma unveiling at TGS, it's likely that actually.

LevelNth

Banned
jarrod said:
Nope, it's the same listing. Capcom never had an "untitled action adventure" in any formal release lists, it's always been 3 titles (BH5, DMC4 and tba action, which was later announced as MH3). If you don't believe me, check thier website (the tba action game dissapeared when MH3 was announced).... you won't find 4 announced PS3 Capcom titles on any formal game lists though (at least as of now) it's just 3 games.

It could be, but likewise I don't believe Tecmo previously had announced 2 titles, just one (tba action adventure)... most speculation was pointing towards it being Fatal Frame, but given the recent Sigma unveiling at TGS, it's likely that actually.
Nope. This 2005 TGS list shows you the two Tecmo games I refered to. And the 4 titles listed by Capcom was right after MH3's announcement at E3, but I can't quite find it. Gimme a bit.

jarrod

Banned
LevelNth said:
Nope. This 2005 TGS list shows you the two Tecmo games I refered to. And the 4 titles listed by Capcom was right after MH3's announcement at E3, but I can't quite find it. Gimme a bit.
Ah good news on the Tecmo games... Fatal Frame it is hopefully then. :)

LevelNth said:
And the 4 titles listed by Capcom was right after MH3's announcement at E3, but I can't quite find it. Gimme a bit.
I'll give you all the time you like... but you won't find it. ;)

Again, you can just look at Capcom's web page... the tba action game became Monster Hunter 3 almost immediately after it was official.

Gonna wait awhile to pick up a PS3 (bugs/supply-demand/interest in launch titles) but oddly enough if they'd had Hot Shots Golf ready for launch i'd probably have picked one up :lol. Bleh Q2 2007 seems so far away, gonna be even longer waiting for a NA localization.

Looks like my holiday season will either be a 360 (hoping the ones with smaller dies and the heating issue addressed are out) or a slim PS2 (have a ton of PS2 games i want to play but mines dead).

LevelNth

Banned
jarrod said:
I'll give you all the time you like... but you won't find it. ;)

Again, you can just look at Capcom's web page... the tba action game became Monster Hunter 3 almost immediately after it was official.
Yeah, I can't seem to find it, so I'll just take it down for now; keep the list as official as possible. It won't be long til it gets replaced with Clover Studio's PS3 game anyways. ;)

Also, I've removed the exclusivity tag on LA Noire, as the new trailer didn't list any platform, which to me indicates Rockstar wants to somwhat recind the pseudo announcement of the game being on the PS3 (back when it was under Sony) as they're having Bondi make a 360 port as well. I think it's pretty much definite now.

Added a couple other games too.

TwIsTeD

at first i was a bit worried about not getting a ps3 at launch, however it seems those worries have faded away and now it won`t make me run out of my way to get a ps3 at launch, but i`ll still get one if possible just no camping

LevelNth

Banned
Massive Gamer's Day update folks. Full launch lineups, PSN downloads and more. I'm hoping we'll get word on more third party PSN content soon, and I may start a list of all available demo downloads as well.

The PS3 has almost 200 officially announced titles in development, and it hasn't even released yet!!

Gradius VI ~TBD, TBA~

drool.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Updated the launch lists to reflect the recent delays of a few titles. As of Saturday, the second post in this thread will be changed to list all current titles released for the PS3.

antiloop

LevelNth said:
Updated the launch lists to reflect the recent delays of a few titles. As of Saturday, the second post in this thread will be changed to list all current titles released for the PS3.

Good job with the list.

Appreciate it.

LevelNth

Banned
Ok, it's begun! Second post is now updated with all currently released titles (JGAFer's, please help me out if I'm missing any Japan only releases), and when the system hits NA on the 17th, I will start removing released titles from the main list. Thus, the first post will consist of upcoming games, and the second of all the games that have released at retail.

I'm also going to keep the launch lists up until the new year for reference, and early next year they'll be replaced by the Europe launch list.

Once again, a request to any JGAFer's with the machine, if I'm missing anything, ie. downloadable demos, releases, etc., please let me know.

LevelNth

Banned
Another update. There's now a list of all the PSone downloadables in the second post as well. Let's hope Sony gets its ass moving and we get more (er... some) third party stuff on the PStore early next year. Especially demos!

Good work on keeping this listing up.

Will you continue updating though the launch window (NA, JP, EU) only, or will you keep updating it for the entirety of the first year?

LevelNth

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Good work on keeping this listing up.

Will you continue updating though the launch window (NA, JP, EU) only, or will you keep updating it for the entirety of the first year?
Thanks. :)

I'm going to try to keep updating it for as long as I can possibly stand to, and as long as people here find it useful.

I'm definitely excited about many of them. A few of the games, I was surprised to see (like Ape Escape 4, definitely a big game to me).:)

Spike

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma is coming to the X360 isn't it? I remember an interview with the director stating that it would come to the system.

edit: n/m, I just saw your other post saying only announced.

J-Rzez

Gradius VI... Is there any info on this at all??? I'd wish it'd remain a 2-D side-shooter, hope they don't go 3-D, unless it turns out really good that way :D

I'd love to see what consoles of this power can do for side-shooters and the sort...

J-Rzez said:
Gradius VI... Is there any info on this at all??? I'd wish it'd remain a 2-D side-shooter, hope they don't go 3-D, unless it turns out really good that way :D

I'd love to see what consoles of this power can do for side-shooters and the sort...
Well, Konami announced it at TGS 2005. I hope it's still coming to PS3, since I haven't heard anything about it. :(

At least, I hope Konami makes Gradius VI an e-distribution game (for $15-$20), but we'll see. Having a top notch PS3 game would be better, but I'd take that.

ethelred

Mana Knight said:
I heard it was SMT IV, because the PS3 would finally allow the creator to do what he wanted to for a main SMT game.

Umm... okay... and you heard this where?

Because the creator (Cozy Okada) doesn't work for Atlus any more -- he has his own development studio, Gaia, and he surely will be using the PS3 to create things that he's wanted to do, but it won't be in the form of a Shin Megami Tensei. Kazuma Kaneko, the guy currently in charge, has been pretty damned coy about the future of the franchise, hinting at releases for all three platforms.

SMT on PS3 was never revealed as SMT 4.

Busty

Banned
Great job LevelNth! I see that you've added both Factor 5's upcoming PSN games. But I thought that we had confirmation, one way or another, that Factor 5 were working on another disc based game for the PS3.

I know that there has been talk about them doing another 'AAA' game for the PS3 in tandem with Lair, but IIRC even their own website suggested that with 'TBA' on their upcoming games section.

duckroll

Stuff like SMT4 and Gradius VI make this list really dodgy. It would be more useful if the list only contained confirmed titles instead of half guesswork and half rumors.

LevelNth

Banned
Updated. Tweaked some things as well, including taking the 4 off of Shin Megami Tensei and erasing Gradius VI, as those have been the two most debated entries. Also took off Coded Arms due to the recent cancellation.

It'll be interesting to see how this list grows and evolves through 2007!

ethelred

LevelNth said:
Updated. Tweaked some things as well, including taking the 4 off of Shin Megami Tensei and erasing Gradius VI, as those have been the two most debated entries. Also took off Coded Arms due to the recent cancellation.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to more announcements.

Fady K

LevelNth said:

Nice work levelNth! Looking forward to your updates. You can leave Gradius 6 though cause It was never officially canceled right? As for Coded Arms, its official? Oh well.

Keep up the good work bro.

Fady K

cank stoochie said:
do you guys know when gundam musou comes out? its easily my most anticipated game on the ps3 right now?

I think Famitsu stated a spring 2007 in Japan right now. Someone correct me if im wrong.

LevelNth

Banned
Updated again, and removed the canceled Konami titles. Throughout the next few months I'm going to start removing a lot of the obscure Japanese titles we haven't heard anything about in over a year. Unless some of these smaller devs start reconfirming this stuff, I'm just going to assume they decided against developing the games.

Top Bottom