• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PSX Troll and E3 Payoff

382043_2.jpg

Is this for sale anywhere?

FelipeMGM

Who knows if Sony even cares about that (IMO they should... guy's a fucking psycho) but they could easily just recast him. Either get a soundalike or just a new voice or even go Um Jammer Lammy style and make a sequel without having Parappa actually in it.

I agree, I dont mind at all if they replace him...

Make it Parappa's Rap Academy and you make your own rapper and Parappa's not actually in the game but there's a giant statue of him in front of the building because he died or something.

..but damn, that took a dark turn lol

PSABR2 would be a great way to troll a game announcement for another franchise. Maybe we just see PaRappa at first and think the trailer is announcing a new PaRappa game only for Crash or whoever to jump in before opening it up to a PSABR2 trailer. Then PaRappa at E3.

Kyle Bosman would be pleased.

I loved those PSX teases/trolls from the previous two years but I'm confident they wouldn't do anything with Red Dead. It made sense with FFVII and Crash as they are games that are associated with Playstation and Red Dead isn't. Here's hoping they have some sort of fun tease this year.

Good point. I think it would again be something very heavily Playstation. I wouldn't mind if they do another.

Crash was really weak compared to FF7.

As for what the next PSX-to-E3 troll will be, I will say DMC5.

Not really a surprise given massive desire and build up to FF7R, ever since that game became an icon of Playstation and the PS3 graphical tease. And that fantastic trailer.

I don't think most Crash fans thought it was possible until it mysteriously appeared in the PS4 hype video.

I think the Crash reveal would have been more impactful at E3 had there been a trailer of the real thing since the "remaster" is supposed to be getting the development effort of a remake as hinted at by how old the original games are and the way they phrased it as "remaster from the ground up" and the developer has hinted that it's not doing a "cheap remaster." Too many people seemed confused about the scale of the project if those reports were accurate.

Either way as a Crash fan I was glad to see the announcement.

Evilisk

I don't know about a teaser but but I've been seeing rumors here and Twitter and Reddit (which I can't find unfortunately) about a PlayStation all stars 2 reveal.

Yeah no, don't believe any of that shit, especially if it's from Twitter. We just had a supposed "leaker" teasing a PSBR sequel this past E3

PSBR fans love making up fake bullshit. There has been so much fake nonsense that it's almost like a running joke at this point. I would even say fake bullshit is basically part of PSBR's history, considering how the game leaked via Paul Gale and how there was that messy business with Afro Gunsou on GAF after the game's release

The only rumor I think that holds any water is what Verendus had to say on the topic of a sequel (and that was such a long time ago, that anything could have happened to that game since. And that's assuming the rumor was true in the first place)

I would be absolutely happy if it did pop up at PSX though

I still dont get why PaRappa 3 still isnt a thing. That cant be an expensive project righ?

Just make as a $20 or $30 digital game

I recall NaNa-OnSha being interested. It may have to do with the weird copyright situation that PaRappa is in? Or maybe Sony just isn't interested

Parappa the Rapper would be my guess needs to be something old i think, or maybe a playstation vita/psp tshirt trolling the next handheld from Sony (I can but dream, trophies on the go is so amazing when you have 2 hours on a train each day).

After starting off with the Vib-Ribbon fiasco, Shawn Laydon seems to have embraced his inner troll at these events.

Parappa is the obvious choice, but I guess Medievil, Legend of Dragoon or even Wipeout could happen, if Sony really wanted to go crazy.

Neff

FFVII Remake's reveal would have been far more impactful if they'd not done that silly thing the year before.

The Crash troll and payoff were both really bad. In fact, the remasters felt like they were negotiated only a few days before E3, after they realized Skylanders alone would cost them a huge backlash.

Well, when they shot down any chance of a Crash publicly they also shot down chances of a Socom happening "anytime soon" according to Shu. Well we then got a crash announcement a few months later lol. So maybe a SOCOM announcement?

The Crash troll and payoff were both really bad. In fact, the remasters felt like they were negotiated only a few days before E3, after they realized Skylanders alone would cost them a huge backlash.
It's weird because it was teased at that initial Playstation 4 video but even 3 years in at this year's e3 we didn't get any footage of it so it's probably still really early and it's just a remaster (or remake? Dunno)

Guys:

According to Vicarious Visions LinkedIn profiles, there are:

• Cinematics animators
  • Environment modeling artists
  • Writers
  • UI Artists/Designers

working on Crash Remastered, some dating to 2015.

BruceLeeRoy has teased the remasters since January of 2015, as well.

They likely aren't "simply" remasters no matter what buzzword Sony and Activision are trying to push -- my interpretation is that they are dodging the word "remake" to avoid implying the games will be changed in any way, which is smart, due to the fact Crash fans are rabid and (along the lines of the "Sonic's eyes are green blaaaaaah waaaah" shit Sonic fans do) will complain about ANYTHING that's "off".

And that "Hurr it was only skylanders jokes on them" comic just shows the level of lacking in attention and comprehension that leads to misinformation spreading as fast and hard as it does.

Eh, I don't think they knew FF7R was in the works. I don't even think Square knew it was in the works until everyone got pissed at them.

Top Bottom