• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

The Raspberry Pi/SBC/Mini PC Thread

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
This case looks very nice.

This is the NEW RetroFlag PiStation Case. This is absolutely the best raspberry pi4 case that is available in the market so far.

This device some as 2 different setups. You can purchase just the PiStation case on its own, or if you want to go with the full setup, you can purchase the PiStation case complete with an optional screen that they are calling the PiStation LCD. The screen is a 4.3 inch screen.

Many of you guys know I am a big fan of the RetroFlag brand and I am really excited about the release of this raspberry pi 4 case.

The case has not release on the market just yet, but as soon as it does I will update the links below for purchase. Keep in mind these things typically sell out pretty quickly so if you are interested in grabbing one, I wouldn't wait.

Reactions: German Hops

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017

Retroflag has done it again but this time it's a PS1 style case for the raspberry pi4 with an opti=nal screen! This is the all-new RetroFlag Pistation case and it's amazing and very well could be the best Retro style raspberry pi case ever! 2 Version will be available the Base PiSTation with no screen and the PiStation Case with a 4.3 inch IPS display like the PSOne LCD, the whole thing can run on a battery bank and adds a full-size HDMI port to the Raspberry Pi 4! In this video, we take a first look at the RetroFlag PiStation cases and test a few PS1 games! The PiStation case will be available on November 28th on Amazon.

PaintTinJr

Jan 30, 2020
Oxfordshire, England
From what I've managed to watch of the video, it seems good, but for anyone trying to get every ounce of performance out of their pie for desktop gui stuff with a vnc server connection, they definitely should switch the background desktop to a sold colour, as it anecdotally improves the response of a vnc connection, and probably burdens the CPU and ram less.

There appears to be an old bug carried over from earlier Debian in regards to using bigger swap file sizes configs(/etc/dphy- swapfile) than 2GBs that I'm experiencing with the 64bit version. Even when you specify bigger, running (htop, a shell task manager) shows the swap file is capped at 2048MBs. Although the cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness value is configured to standard debian server value of 65 (65%), rather than 10(10%) for desktop PC, or 35 (35%) for RPI - which I think is optimal, so probably not such a big issue, anyway, when it seems that somewhere in the 200MB to 400MB used swap file size is a sweet spot for performance on 1GB and 2GB RPi3/4 on fast class 10 U3 micro sdcards - and bullseye comes configured with just 100MB of swapfile by default, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullet Club
Mar 28, 2021
damn i want to try make one of those gameboy things. but i'm an idiot when it comes to using raspberry pi/linux.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017

German Hops

Jun 7, 2019
Dallas, Texas
It looks like Raspberry Pi Zero 2's are sold out everywhere.
I guess I'll have to wait to 2022.
I believe Eben Upton said that there will be another 200,000+ units available early next year.