• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The rest of 2024 looks actually quite impressive, gaming-wise

Which game(s) scheduled for 2024 excite you the most?

• Star Wars Outlaws

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Gothic Remake

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance 2

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • Black Myth Wukong

Votes: 35 20.7%
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Avowed

Votes: 23 13.6%
  • Vampire Bloodlines 2

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • STALKER 2

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Frostpunk 2

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Space Marine 2

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • The Alters

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Votes: 35 20.7%
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater

Votes: 30 17.8%

• Total voters

Denton

So right now I am playing Ghost of Tsushima PC and Hellblade 2, both of which I find really enjoyable (HB2 does require correct expectations going in).
Looking at the rest of the year, there is plenty that could be really good. Maybe some games will underdeliver, we shall see, but I am interested in or curious about quite a few games.
I wonder how the publishers will space these out. Because there is lot of stuff coming out and not that many months left in the year. So I would not be surprised to see some slipping into 2025. Especially to avoid blockbusters like CoD or AssCreed that I am not even gonna bother listing.

Anyway, here are my picks:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2

STALKER 2

Frostpunk 2

Black Myth: Wukong

Star Wars: Outlaws

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2

The Alters

Vampire Bloodlines 2

Avowed

Gothic remake

Plus:

Indiana Jones and The Great Circle
Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Nobody Wants to Die

Last edited:

Coconutt

Gold Member
Should add a none option cause not excited for any of the listed games. Looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance and Gundam Breaker 4, also Shadow of the Erdtree of course.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Kingdom Come 2 and Elden Ring DLC are the only things that I can think of that look good for the remainder of the year.

Well, unless Hades 2 and No Rest for the Wicked get console releases this year but I doubt it.

The games listed will mostly be of poor quality IMO based on the studios behind them.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Metal Gear Solid Delta is the only one on the list I'm interested in... I don't have much faith in Vampire Bloodlines 2, Silent Hill 2 Remake, or STALKER 2 at this point. So.... quiet year for me as far as this stuff goes.

Reactions: Isa

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Kingdom Come 2 is an awesome surprise that I was not expecting this year, can't wait to dig my teeth into it.

STALKER 2 has been a long time in the making, I'm very excited to revisit the Zone.

From nearly always knocks it out of the park with their DLCs, so I'm sure Shadow of the Erdtree will be a grand old time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't see Lego Horizon as an option

I Know Reaction GIF by Guerrilla

Paltheos

None of the above. That list is pretty western heavy by the way lol

Not sure I have a #1, but Trails Through Daybreak, Ys X, SMTV: Vengeance, and the Elden Ring DLC are all on my list as games I'm playing this year (You might notice my list is pretty heavy in a way too!)

Risk of Rain 2's second DLC pack doesn't have a release date yet but if it does come out this year (which it probably will), my friends and I will play that a ton. Oh, and of course I'll play Silksong too when it comes out (hyuckhyuckhyuck)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Damn man. I’m either not the target audience, or just super jaded, because I’m not excited for a single one of those games.

The only games I’m currently excited for are Metroid Prime 4, Astro Bot (if that’s real), and I guess GTA 6.

StereoVsn

The game I'm looking forward for rest of the year...
81aFnWVVYOL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
vgXMARW.png
PRF_PACKSHOT_PS5_US_Final_Flat_v01_562x700.png
visions-of-mana-ps5.jpg
pA9RsVq.png
Yeah, most of these look more interesting va OP’s list. Although I am very much looking forward to Kingdom Come 2 and cautiously interested in Stalker.

Edit: Forgot about Ys X and new Trails series (fucking finally). Not to mention tremendous backlog, lol. I could go next couple of years with no shortage of games to play easily.

Last edited:

ungalo

I'm hyped for Kingdom Come, Space Marine and to a lesser extent Black Myth WuKong.

But most of the selection doesn't make me optimistic. Frostpunk 2, Vampire The Masquerade (this one is probably the worst), Star Wars, Silent Hill 2 Remake, Avowed, Indiana Jones...we'll be lucky to have one good game out of that.

As for STALKER 2 and MGS3, i'm not sure, we'll see.

DeepSpace5D

Pretty good list for the rest of the year, plus more others have mentioned. And I’m peronally looking forward to two of the biggest expansions of the year most in Shadow of the Erdtree and The Final Shape.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Gimme Avowed, Final Fantasy XVI on PC, and Indiana Jones.

I'm interested in Silent Hill 2 and MGS Delta, but I'm concerned about the quality of the dev teams behind them.

coffinbirth

I had seven of those motherfuckers selected, spent waaaay too long narrowing it down, still dislike only being able to choose two. At least four are day one purchases, so ugh.

I'm ready for Stalker 2 to blow my dick right off, and it was a loooong time ago when I last went to a galaxy far, far away, and Outlaws looks to be the game to pull me back in. Looks fucking incredible, actually. So I guess those, haha.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

On PC

SMT 5 Vengeance
Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree
Black Myth Wukong
Star Wars Outlaws
Stalker 2
Avowed
Clockwork revulotion
Indiana Jones
MSFS 2024
Visions of Mana
Fable (2024?)
Hollow Knight Silksong, I believe damnit!

A bit less known, Nivalis

Last edited:

tmlDan

is it bad that i want to say none? i think death stranding 2 will look the best and thats next year

Maybe MGS will be good but im concerned

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Holy shit that's bad.
Other than Black Myth Wukong I can only see MGS3 Delta & Silent Hill 2.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom