• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The rest of 2024 looks actually quite impressive, gaming-wise

Which game(s) scheduled for 2024 excite you the most?

• Star Wars Outlaws

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Gothic Remake

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance 2

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • Black Myth Wukong

Votes: 35 20.7%
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Avowed

Votes: 23 13.6%
  • Vampire Bloodlines 2

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • STALKER 2

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Frostpunk 2

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Space Marine 2

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • The Alters

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Votes: 35 20.7%
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater

Votes: 30 17.8%

• Total voters
Stalker 2, Star Wars, space marine are the ones that I’m curious about, but not super hyped after latest showings. Indiana Jones and Avowed might be good. The rest I don’t really find interesting

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

"You may select up to 2 choices."

law and order crazy shit GIF

Stalker 2 and Indiana Jones then!

Isa

Of the things that are confirmed for 2024:

Age of Mythology: Retold
Metaphor: ReFantazio
MechWarrior 5: Clans
Visions of Mana
Holy! Is MW5 Clans due out this year? The sooner I'm stompin' fools who ignore my Batchall in my absolute fave mech of all time the Timber Wolf the better. Can't wait to see what all they put in the game. Man I hope its good.

None of the above. That list is pretty western heavy by the way lol

Not sure I have a #1, but Trails Through Daybreak, Ys X, SMTV: Vengeance, and the Elden Ring DLC are all on my list as games I'm playing this year (You might notice my list is pretty heavy in a way too!)

Risk of Rain 2's second DLC pack doesn't have a release date yet but if it does come out this year (which it probably will), my friends and I will play that a ton. Oh, and of course I'll play Silksong too when it comes out (hyuckhyuckhyuck)

You're in for a treat when it comes to Trails Through Daybreak

That Arc is up there with the Librel and Crossbell Arc as having some of best story and characters since those Arcs I mentioned. As much as I love the Erenbian Arc, it just wasn't as good and I felt it dragged on by the end

Trails is the only game I buy on Multiple Platforms. I'll be getting it again on Steam

Last edited:

Fbh

I'm definitely excited for both Kingdom Come 2 and Space Marine 2. Though I still think it's looking like a rather underwhelming rest of the year.
Still though, it gives me time to catch up with some stuff I have in the backlog.

Wukong also looks great but it's definitely a game I'll to see reviews and impressions for. I hope they at least release a demo like Stellar blade to check out how the combat feels (and also how it looks and runs)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
SMT V²
Elden Ring's DLC
Black Myth Wukong
Space Marine II
Kingdom Come 2
Metaphor

Getting all those for sure.

Also, before the month ends we'll get Nine Sols and Selaco. No times for this many games.

sigmaZ

Gold Member
Outside of Wukong and Bloodlines (which will probably suck but I like Vampire) everything else looks mediocre AF. Good though. I'll be able to focus on other stuff for awhile.

JayK47

More like 2025 and 2026 are looking good, when most of those games get delayed into the next 2 years.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Of the things that are confirmed for 2024:

Age of Mythology: Retold
Metaphor: ReFantazio
MechWarrior 5: Clans
Visions of Mana
Right on, these and Ys X are my big ones for the year.

Also a big maybe on Avowed. If it’s more fleshed out and less woke than Outer Worlds then it could be great but I’m not holding my breath.

Humdinger

Gold Member
I'm most interested in how Indy turns out. I'm kind of interested in Avowed, but I'm not getting a good feeling about that one. Waiting to hear more.

I'd be interested in the Gothic remake - never played the original - but I'm burned out on big open-world games.

tommib

Gold Member
I’m here for the train wreck that Silent Hill 2 is going to be.

I won’t be able to look away.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Looking at that list it seems like the best of the year was already released. Most of games in the poll, I think, could go either way at this point. I really hope Bloodlines 2 turns out well but it's not looking good.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
No day 1 purchases in that list for me. But I’ll at least try the stuff that arrives on GamePass.

Hades 2 and The Plucky Squire are probably my most anticipated games right now.

Last edited:
All I need is Ass Creed Shadows and Dragon Age to hit this year. Everything else is a bonus.
Also looking forward to indies Nivalis and Shadows of Doubt.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Damn man. I’m either not the target audience, or just super jaded, because I’m not excited for a single one of those games.

The only games I’m currently excited for are Metroid Prime 4, Astro Bot (if that’s real), and I guess GTA 6.
This lol. Felt nothing looking at that list.

T0minator

Astro Bot
The Plucky Squire
Concord
Indiana Jones
Black Myth
MGS3

That's all that really have my attention... Kinda

Topher

Gold Member
Outside of Metaphor, not really looking to spend a lot of money on games this year. I've so many I own I want to play.

Oh.....and also, I've reserved the fall for the Starfield expansion. Hopefully there will lots of threads and opportunities for me to annoy Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping

Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

Last edited:
Looking at that list it seems like the best of the year was already released. Most of games in the poll, I think, could go either way at this point. I really hope Bloodlines 2 turns out well but it's not looking good.

Well it's what we know has been announced. We can expect some announcements this summer/fall for games that will be released before the end of the year. Might not be as big, but considering how many big games already landed in Q1 and Q2, 2024 should be a solid year.

Hudo

Right on, these and Ys X are my big ones for the year.

Also a big maybe on Avowed. If it’s more fleshed out and less woke than Outer Worlds then it could be great but I’m not holding my breath.
I want Avowed to be good but what they've show so far didn't wow me, unfortunately.

Fredrik

There will be new games shown within the next 2 weeks.

But today (May 26th) I’m the most excited about Indiana Jones and Black Myth. Those are the two I’m voting on.

Expansions for Elden Ring and Starfield will likely have me playing another couple hundred hours as well.

I expect more PC releases from Sony too this year, waiting on FFXVI and Spider-Man 2, Stellar Blade as well but don’t think it’ll come this year, same thing with Rebirth.

Star Wars Outlaws and Assassin’s Creed Shadows could be fun.

Soodanim

Sadly I only oicked the 2 Konami remakes. I'll have to watch some trailers and expand my horizons.

I only really care about ER DLC at this point though. Everything else is a wait and see if it's actually good when released situation.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
Honestly, from my perspective it's not a bad year, provided that everything will launch this year and we won't have too many delays (as realistically some games will definitely be pushed to early 2025). And we still haven't entered June - August showcases that will have some announcements for the rest of the year. Upcoming Astro Bot game or Metroid Prime 4 may be some of these unexpected additions

Well, the main games that interest me the most are Gothic Remake, Metaphor ReFantazio and Yes, Your Grace 2 Snowfall. KCD2 and Titan Quest II are also on that list but I still have to finish the first entries and DLCs

I'm also looking forward for Space Marine II and Star Wars Outlaws but the launch prices and all of the Season Pass / Gold Edition schenanigans made me questioning if I really want to play them day one, so I'm gonna wait until they will be on sale and have complete editions with all of the post-launch content. Avowed looks also interesting but I want to see more about it first as I had some gripes with its past reveals

Bloodlines 2 and Dragon Age Dreadwolf (which is also rumored for 2024) would also be on that list, but I've already seen so many red flags about both of these games that my expectations for them are already low and I have zero excitement about them

I am looking forward to Lies of P expansion, Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown, and Indiana Jones and the Great Circle. It is a bit wierd that not one of them has a release date yet. That makes me a bit concerned that they might be delayed into next year.

Bkdk

Rather slow year, only titles I’ll play is metaphor, SMT 5 V, lollipop chainsaw repop with nude mod, reynatits, vindictits, inzoi, Elden ring dlc, Silent hill 2 remake and maybe visions of mana and aom:retold if it doesn’t suck. Avowed looks really bad and so does stalker 2, likely both a massive flop. Will at least try a few hours and see how it goes though. Also hoping ubullshit, BioWare, ninja theory, sweet baby inc, rocksteady will all go bankrupt this year.

Skifi28

Gold Member
It's been an absolutely insane year for good games, I can't keep up and I'm several titles behind. The people that keep complaining about no games and "worse generation ever" must really have narrow tastes.

Top Bottom