• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Returned (US remake) - Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I'll give it a shot, but the bulk of my enthusiasm is reserved for season 2 of the original whenever the hell they finally get around to airing it.

I thought the slow pace worked to the show's advantage, honestly. The show is about grief and loss and moving on as much as it is anything else, and the slow pace helps give the whole thing a sort of...haunting, elegiac tone. I'm not sure how well a faster pace will really suit the material.

I've seen The Returned (foreign/original) listed on my guide, but I missed the first couple of episodes and didn't want to start late. I thought about checking it out later on.

Then this remake popped up, so I PVRed it and watched it this morning.

The pilot episode, itself, wasn't much to write home about. The plot is interesting, but they didn't do a good job with the execution. It wasn't bad, per se, but not particularly good either.

The premise has me interested for now, though.

So did Resurrection get cancelled? I dropped that after the 1st season. Seems like this is supposed to be much better, so I may give it a shot.

The final episode of Season 2 made it seem like it would be the last. However, I haven't found any concrete news about that.

I liked Resurrection. The Returned (American) didn't premiere as well, but maybe it'll get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom