• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rise in "Sony Slander". Where do you fall? (Satire)

What's your "Sony Slander" ?

• Sony stubbornness in CrossPlay

• Sony Censoredship

• With Xbox's new Studios, Sony's 1st party in trouble

• Ps5 DOA once Stadia Drops

Results are only viewable after voting.
Still pretty new to NeoGAF... believe...but I've been noticng a rather slow shift leading in to Next Gen, Gamers calling out poor Sony practices.

from Crossplay, to censorship , to not being able to "compete" in with Stadia. With strange ones like why Sony should ditch Bluray for PS5

(Of course no company is dismissed from user complaints)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't hate sony. the things i don't like about them are mostly the crossplay and censorship. i have to laugh at people thinking sony are shitting themselves because of stadia lmfao. hopefully the new studios microsoft have bought up are working on something interesting because i might consider getting an xbox then. still if it's a new IP that's harder to sell than existing IP. microsoft have got a lot to prove while sony just needs to release sequels.

i hope both sony + microsoft do well next gen. it benefits everyone. competition is good. i don't get these fanboi wars...they are dumb and immature. you get sony fanbois shitting on microsoft but if microsoft weren't here then Sony would be left unchecked and they could get away with doing what they want. i'm mostly a playstation guy and i really hope microsoft "win" next generation to keep sony on their toes. i'm here for the games not to show loyalty to some multi-billion dollar corporation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Mista

Banned
Cross-play. I don’t care about anything else. Aren’t they “4ThePlayers”? Then why aren’t you listening to them? People asked for cross-play so give them cross-play!

Geki-D

Banned
I wish some moderation was being done in regards to all of this recent fanboy shit on GAF. Criticism is good, fanboying isn't even that bad but we've recently had this wave of neo members show up who do nothing on the site but post the lowest effort console war shit postings with no intention of actual conversation and debate and like, in return, console war shit posts.
We're slowly getting to a point where the gaming side of GAF is starting to feel like worthless trash. You can't have a thread about any console exclusive anymore without it being near instantly derailed. Look at any thread about TLOU2; it'll get about 5 shit posts within the first 10 posts and the thread will pretty much be dead from that point on.

I get that NuGAF wants to have less moderation, but I don't see the point if it's going to be so lax it damages the experience.

lynux3

The only thing that bothers me more than anything is Sony's effort towards a real backwards compatibility solution locally. Probably in the minority here, but that bothers me. The PS2 Classics line of games has basically been put on the back burner. I haven't seen a PS2 Classic release in ages.

Everything listed to me is trivial. Cross-play? That's come and gone, no one cares. Xbox's first party? lol. Censorship? Meh. PS5 dead when Stadia drops? Oh boy.

Ehh to be honest I'm most probably gonna buy PS5 as my next gen console, but still their censorship stance thanks to "murican' values" is just disappointing. It's always laughable and cringeworthy when big ass companies want to act "holier than thou".
Couldn't give any shit about crossplay though, to me it seems way too overblown (mainly on le reddit).

Oh and it would be nice to see sony taking chances when it comes to game development in other genres than action games in 3rd person (I know it's a meme, but more and more it feels this way). jRPGs? japanese crazyness? horror games (siren sequel please)? M.A.G revival? Twisted metal? Come the fuck on..

Shifty

I wish some moderation was being done in regards to all of this recent fanboy shit on GAF. Criticism is good, fanboying isn't even that bad but we've recently had this wave of neo members show up who do nothing on the site but post the lowest effort console war shit postings with no intention of actual conversation and debate and like, in return, console war shit posts.
We're slowly getting to a point where the gaming side of GAF is starting to feel like worthless trash. You can't have a thread about any console exclusive anymore without it being near instantly derailed. Look at any thread about TLOU2; it'll get about 5 shit posts within the first 10 posts and the thread will pretty much be dead from that point on.

I get that NuGAF wants to have less moderation, but I don't see the point if it's going to be so lax it damages the experience.
Gonna have to agree with this. Between the continuous back-and-forth one-upmanship of the console war and grandstanders like fantasy gate co, the level of junk on gaming side has shot up in the past few months.

I get the core idea of "of you disagree, debate it out", but there's bugger all debate to be had when the other side never had a solid case to begin with. It's like willingly throwing yourself into a sea of fallacies expecting to make a difference, and ain't nobody got time for that.

I've resigned myself to primarily existing on the discord at this point since its population is smaller, quieter, and most importantly fanboy-free.

NahaNago

1. I care more about the censorship issue since it leaks in to everything in that entertainment company.
  2. I don't care about the crossplay issue.
  3. Sony's first party kinda feels samey for the most part and I've been wishing that they would push their Japanese studios more.
  4. stadia will do diddly squat to the ps5.

Geki-D

Banned
I get the core idea of "of you disagree, debate it out", but there's bugger all debate to be had when the other side never had a solid case to begin with. It's like willingly throwing yourself into a sea of fallacies expecting to make a difference, and ain't nobody got time for that.
It pretty much always goes like this:
Dumb Fanboy - "Platform holder X sucks for vague reason"
Forumite - "That reason is bad because examples X, Y, Z"
Dumb Fanboy - "lul w/e. Platform holder X sucks for same vague reason"
Dumb Fanboy - "I'll restate platform holder X sucks for same vague reason"
Forumite - "But examples X, Y, Z demolish your point"
Dumb Fanboy - "Platform holder X sucks for same vague reason"
etc...

I've resigned myself to primarily existing on the discord at this point since its population is smaller, quieter, and most importantly fanboy-free.
I only use Discord to talk with a friend, never been in a group. I assume it's more of a live chat type thing, right?

RSB

Banned
Cross-play and censorship are awful, but shutting down the Gravity Rush 2 servers 18 months after its release (they were originally planning to do it just after 12 months) is the one thing that's bothered me the most.

Seriously Sony WTF. There are Xbox 360 games from 2005 that still have matchmaking servers running.

This meme only becomes more relevant. Whats with this trend of people subservient to brands, encouraging them to snub the customer?
No+think+only+buy_6aa733_7007924.jpg

Ten_Fold

Censorship is dumb, just put a higher rating on the game, I don’t see nobody crying about getting MK11 censored an that game is really bloody, or games with shirtless guys but oh some tits is too much damn SJW, anyways I was gonna vote Sony might be I’m trouble next gen but that’s more of a wait and see type of thing.

I take this flack coming from the Xbox side as mostly a result of them having so much time on their hands - because they have no games to play 🙄

Like, I would care more about the potential if a slight power advantage of an MS console, if I felt like there was something special about the platform.

Like their studios purchase spree, we still have to see how they manage them... MS has killed a lot of great team in the past, they are actively chasing the same goals as the normal publishers (transaction/recurring revenue/multiplayer focused games). You can infer it from the rumor about Ninja theory making a multiplayer game next... I rest my case.

I like Sony. I didn't like them during the PS2 and PS3 years. Arrogant jerks. They've done well this gen though.

I'm on their side for crossplay as well. I do not want to play with other platforms, fuck off.

It's bad enough that the console manufacturers have bent the knee to the PC crybabies and allowed M+KB in online games on consoles!

Vawn

Banned
I've noticed a lot of Xbox fanboy posts both attacking PlayStation and fighting with strawmen that keep mistreating Xbox.

So many "if PS4 did this, SonyGAF would love it", or if "this game was on Xbox, SonyGAF would ca it trash", etc comments. Pretty much always completely unprovoked.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I enjoy most Sony's exclusives but I'm not happy with some Sony's decision like their entire censorship policy. Another thing is and this mostly my own personal issue but as of late I'm getting tired and little frustrated with how western developers go about designing their games so I want to see Sony give more first party Japanese games.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
My main issue with Sony is that they’re making too many “mature” games and have mostly abandoned platformers since the PS2.

ksdixon

I've always said that exclusives make console sales. The worrying trend I see it that many of sony's games/experiences I associate with Sony, like until dawn and David cage's games are going multi console or ps4+pc. Until Dawn turns into multi console Man Of Medan, for example.

yoyo67

Yeah, I'm not down with censorship. I have a ps4 and there are a lot of Japanese games on the system. To have those games censored is gonna suck. PC all the way until they wake up.

Wait what? New to neogaf and the trend you see is that more and more people are complaining about Sony? Mmm no. More like "haha xbox is dumb, xbox has no games, xbox is doomed bla bla bla."

demigod

My main issue with Sony is that they’re making too many “mature” games and have mostly abandoned platformers since the PS2.

Dude what are you talking about? We have 2 Greatest Games of the Generation platformers in Knack and Knack 2, we also got a highly rated one in AstroBot. Isn’t insomniac also making a new Ratchet and Clank?

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Dude what are you talking about? We have 2 Greatest Games of the Generation platformers in Knack and Knack 2, we also got a highly rated one in AstroBot. Isn’t insomniac also making a new Ratchet and Clank?

I wish Sucker Punch or Sanzaru made more Sly Cooper games. I like them more than Jax & Daxter or Ratche & Clank series.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
If this is satire, what are you satirizing? People who make threads like this?

If you want to complain about Sony censorship, get in line. If you want to complain about Sony as a company, the least you could do is make a non-platform specific "Which anti-consumer practices from Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo do you dislike most?" type of thread. And if you were aiming for actual satire here, I think you missed.

Not that it should keep you from making threads on other topics in the future, but just know that (thankfully) console wars nonsense seems to be frowned upon by most people here.

Last edited:

Codes 208

What rise to slander? There’s always been criticism to the big three when dictated. Sony isn’t a victim. Sony is also not exclusively to fault for several practices. MS has also been consistently in hot water for its lack of first party, emphasis on buying developers and currently leaning on SJW practices and Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
Can you provide examples. I have only seen threads popping left and right against Sony or its exclusive games.
Because of Days Gone’s less than stellar launch reviews? That’s just a current trend that’ll pass as it usually does. Same happened last year when MS got bashed left and right here when Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 came out. And again when Crackdown 3 came out earlier this year.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member

I assume you’re joking about Knack/Knack 2. But the R&C reboot was...pretty disappointing imo

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I've noticed a lot of Xbox fanboy posts both attacking PlayStation and fighting with strawmen that keep mistreating Xbox.

So many "if PS4 did this, SonyGAF would love it", or if "this game was on Xbox, SonyGAF would ca it trash", etc comments. Pretty much always completely unprovoked.

I’m not surprised they get a bit stir crazy honestly. There last big new AAA exclusive game that saw a sequel was Gears of War back in 2006.

Last edited:
The cross play thing is tricky. It helps their competitors more than it helps them. Like ur friend wouldn’t have to sell his Xbox to play with his PS4 playing friend. That’s a lost sale. I don’t see why Sony would allow this. Maybe if that player pays for PS+? Business wise, that just doesn’t make sense.

Censorship is a non-issue. Pervs can cry tho.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It feels like to me if SONY does Cross-game chat, they would want total control.

Stuart360

Not saying it is or isnt happening, but to suggest this, especially on this forum, when its been 'open season' on Xbox the whole gen, well i dont know lol.

Geki-D

Banned
I assume you’re joking about Knack/Knack 2. But the R&C reboot was...pretty disappointing imo
Here we have a perfect example of what I was talking about:

-"Sony Don't make X anymore"
-*Examples of Sony making X*
-"Those don't count because I didn't like them!"

Could we just stop this now? If your claim is shown to be wrong by literal examples, your feelings are not a valid counter argument.

The only problem with Sony at the moment is the censorship.

I've always been a Playstation fan, but sometimes Sony fucks up and rightfully takes criticism.

Enjay

Banned
It's been something of a tradition for the dominating brand to fuck it all up in time for the next gen.

Ellery

For me personally censorship is the most worrisome one, but Sony is still very far on my good side and if they continue to make sure good AAA Single Player games come out then it will likely stay that way

Fluzer

Banned
Sony fans are just like western media in all honesty, they fabricate lies and situations that aren't actually happening to make PlayStation look persecuted and beat up on. Look at the most recent example of Days Gone, a crappy game, rightfully scored as a crappy game but the loyalist defense league has portrayed an image that Days Gone is actually good and riled up the pro-conservative crowd to get behind it because of some girl's critiscim of a white protaginist regardless of actual game quality.

Sony has brainwashed the minds of their fans very well. Then again, reminds me of the defense over the PS3 when it had no games and was priced at $799. Sony fans have always been disturbed, they need a good humbling and reality check.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Because of Days Gone’s less than stellar launch reviews? That’s just a current trend that’ll pass as it usually does. Same happened last year when MS got bashed left and right here when Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 came out. And again when Crackdown 3 came out earlier this year.

Not just that. Several threads and posts on cross play, censorship, Sony is anti consumer, Sony is going to screw up next gen, arrogant Sony is back, PS+ auto renew issue, Sony not having variety in games etc. etc. I've seen some users who are dedicated to creating anti Sony threads and posts in here. Have not seen the same being done to Nintendo or MS.

Codes 208

Not just that. Several threads and posts on cross play, censorship, Sony is anti consumer, Sony is going to screw up next gen, arrogant Sony is back, PS+ auto renew issue, Sony not having variety in games etc. etc. I've seen some users who are dedicated to creating anti Sony threads and posts in here. Have not seen the same being done to Nintendo or MS.
This is factually untrue. For starters Sony having a streak of some negative news doesn’t inherently mean they’re being targeted over the others, it’s just news so people will respond to what’s current. Which some of it is justifiable (unnecessary censorship, blocking cross-play, which fun fact, MS equally got shat on last gen for doing the same thing)

And just last month there were several good ol’ Nintendo Doom and gloom threads regarding the switch’s current output. Hell, there was a member (killer127 or something) who just kept spamming this forum with his anti-Nintendo threads before he finally got banned a few months ago.

If you see threads that exist simply as a troll or flame bait, just report and move on. But please, none of this “poor Sony” shit because I assure you I’ve seen just as much “poor Xbox” and especially “poor Nintendo” on this forum going all the way back to 2011.

Last edited:
V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Here we have a perfect example of what I was talking about:

-"Sony Don't make X anymore"
-*Examples of Sony making X*
-"Those don't count because I didn't like them!"

Could we just stop this now? If your claim is shown to be wrong by literal examples, your feelings are not a valid counter argument.

If you want to talk about literal examples, the PS2 had 3 trilogies of big budget exclusive platformers. PS1 also had 2 entire trilogies, plus Pac Man World was another exclusive. On the PS4 there are literally much less than that.

And the games in question that “didn’t count” were Knack 1/2. It’s acknowledged by basically everybody that these aren’t great games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petrae

The selective/inconsistent censorship policy that the California Puritans have enacted at Sony is the biggest gripe that I have with the company, based on the list. Exempting certain Western game developers and maintaining that gratuitous/graphic violence is fine but a breast here or a bit of skin there is not is trash-tier.

The declining value of PlayStation Plus and its monthly “free” game rentals is another gripe I would’ve added.

Geki-D

Banned
If you want to talk about literal examples, the PS2 had 3 trilogies of big budget exclusive platformers. PS1 also had 2 entire trilogies, plus Pac Man World was another exclusive. On the PS4 there are literally much less than that.

And the games in question that “didn’t count” were Knack 1/2. It’s acknowledged by basically everybody that these aren’t great games.
First off, you also hand waved away R&C PS4 because you think it was "pretty disappointing". Second, your argumentum ad populum that "people don't like Knack therefore it doesn't count" is invalid for exactly the reason I stated above. Third whilst Sony have made less 3D platformers (and I'll be generous and not count games with 3D platform elements like Uncharted) this gen, the last one they released was like 7 months ago and the next one is no doubt going to be the Dreams SP.

Your original point was that Sony have "abandoned platformers", which isn't true. In fact your claim was even more insane because you added "since the PS2", never mind that all through the PS3's life R&C & Sly got sequels (and the Vita was also a thing released after the PS2).

Typical hyperbolic, fallacy-ridden argument I was talking about.
Sony make less of something therefore they make non of something therefore they only make one type of something else.
Absolute nonsense.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
First off, you also hand waved away R&C PS4 because you think it was "pretty disappointing". Second, your argumentum ad populum that "people don't like Knack therefore it doesn't count" is invalid for exactly the reason I stated above. Third whilst Sony have made less 3D platformers (and I'll be generous and not count games with 3D platform elements like Uncharted) this gen, the last one they released was like 7 months ago and the next one is no doubt going to be the Dreams SP.

Your original point was that Sony have "abandoned platformers", which isn't true. In fact your claim was even more insane because you added "since the PS2", never mind that all through the PS3's life R&C & Sly got sequels (and the Vita was also a thing released after the PS2).

Typical hyperbolic, fallacy-ridden argument I was talking about.
Sony make less of something therefore they make non of something therefore they only make one type of something else.
Absolute nonsense.

Comparing Knack and Knack 2 to 3 trilogies of platformers is a little ridiculous even from a subjective standpoint. And yeah, the Uncharted games aren’t actually platformers. That isn’t being generous, that’s just not counting cinematic adventure games as platformers.

The PS3 did get Ratchet games. It only got one Sly sequel and no new Jak games. So yes, there was still a lot less. They...kind of have abandoned platformers. The big exclusive one on PS4 is basically the Ratchet reboot. The insane thing would be to deny actual numbers of platformers on each system.

Last edited by a moderator:
they will no longer have a landslide advantage in the 1p games that they have had since the foundation of playstation.

this generation sony did not put out many games. if microsoft bothered to put out 5-6 more good/great 1p games they would have been very competitive.

weak generation overall. next one might be even weaker as Sony refuses to spend money to make more games but instead just wants system sellers like god of war instead that take many years to make

Last edited:
Top Bottom