• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The (s)EXODUS : Men checking out from society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro

This pretty much describes the story of most men I know who come from middle class families

"My generation of boys is f**ked," says Rupert, a young German video game enthusiast I've been getting to know over the past few months. "Marriage is dead. Divorce means you're screwed for life. Women have given up on monogamy, which makes them uninteresting to us for any serious relationship or raising a family. That's just the way it is. Even if we take the risk, chances are the kids won't be ours. In France, we even have to pay for the kids a wife has through adulterous affairs..."

My own experience has somewhat been similar dating for 8 years only to get dumped by the end of it because it did not seem practical for her anymore...

More at the link : http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ving-Up-On-Women-And-Checking-Out-Of-Society/

Wiktor

Meh. You just need to adapt. If law is such in France, don't get married and test DNA of your kid right after birth.

Chichikov

Dumbest shit I've read in a long time.
For all that fucking whining, men are still in a very favorable position in society compared to women. No wonder anti-feminists have to latch on the flimsiest things.

p.s.
"A society with more gender equality?"
"Waaaaaah wahhhh!!!! I'm taking my sperm and going Galt".

Honestly, I say good riddance, the gene pool shall not miss those people.

In France, we even have to pay for the kids a wife has through adulterous affairs..."

These laws are such bullshit. I think there is something in the US that if you find out you aren't the biological father, you can still be liable for child support. That shit needs to go.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
If men are so disillusioned because women have sexual freedom, then I'm glad they're relegating themselves to the sidelines.

Chuckie

That article seemed to be written by some rejected Nice Guy who is also an MRA.

I tried but really couldn't finish it.

You posted a Brietbart MRA article without a hint of irony? You realize this the hive of half of #GG right?

Pro-tip: You can have amazing fulfilling relationships with women without getting married or having kids, as long as you're honest about both life goals. Going through life so terrified that everyone is going to screw you over that you never take chances is cowardly and ultimately defeatist. I'm supposed to sit in my room and masturbate for the rest of time because the family court system is broken? Or because women might have had sex before they met me? Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
But, according to Paglia, when that women goes out into the real world without the safety net of college rape committees, she is left totally unprepared for the sometimes violent reality of male sexuality. And the panics and fear-mongering are serving men even more poorly. All in all, education is becoming a miserable experience for boys.
This has to be some kind of parody.

markot

Banned
My own experience has somewhat been similar dating for 8 years only to get dumped by the end of it because it did not seem practical for her anymore...

Yes. This never happened before. Its only since womyn got their rights.

way more

I had hoped those journalists who were so concerned with ethics in game journalism would have have to hang their heads in shame a little longer but now we've got thread about a Yiannopoulos piece.

250px-Fabulous_hair.jpg

All about the ethics.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Probably the same place as you.

Also I wouldn't care if this wasn't the trend in every GAF thread. Either you have a certain viewpoint or you're given a label. There's no grey areas or room for subtlety.
Don't pick a bone with me, Admiral.

Who's labeling who? What? I think you're upset about something. I'm not sure what.

way more

Dumbest shit I've read in a long time.
For all that fucking whining, men are still in a very favorable position in society compared to women. No wonder anti-feminists have to latch on the flimsiest things.

p.s.
"A society with more gender equality?"
"Waaaaaah wahhhh!!!! I'm taking my sperm and going Galt".

Honestly, I say good riddance, the gene pool shall not miss those people.

Haha, I'm not a miserable virgin, I'm sexually going Galt.

The link posted in the OP is ridiculous, but so is your post here. You've just switched out one extreme for another.

You're going to have to explain why his/her post is ridiculous.

"Good riddance to men who can't deal with a sexually liberated populace" was the sentiment you took umbrage with, yes?

The link posted in the OP has some legitimate issues mixed with non-legitimate ones and pushed with a obvious MRA agenda. There are legitimate reasons a young man wouldn't want to get married given the current legal system, and completely dismissing those issues and flipping to the other side leaves no room for subtlety or intelligent discussion. I know the other poster was mostly joking, but these types of posts are all too common on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom