• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

Amir0x

Banned
In the first place, if he is so worried about losing his job because of a "review copy", he would never have posted his pictures here. Everyone everywhere reads GAF. That's the first clue. In the second place, you were intentionally avoiding the duty of providing proof. Where is the materials that accompanied the review copy you got? All you seem to have is a blank, sterile cartridge.

If you work for some review site and are worried about divulging this information, provide me the relevant info in PM so I can verify your position as a reviewer with a legitimate copy of Scribblenauts.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Tinypic will work.

Does anyone here actually know what the cartridge art looks like? Is it always the same as the box art?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
you guys seem a little overprotective of this game

looking forward to messing around with it in a few days...

razdor2k

Banned
I have 20 minutes before my father and I are driving home, and tommorow we won't have the review build, please hurry or youll have to wait for someone else / wait untill release date.

poweld

razdor2k said:
I told you, ive got my hands on a review build, because my father is kinda the manager here...

I don't have much time here... so you guys better give me more outputs

BTW PROOF:

23kyro1.jpg
spidey_sense_400.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
ah, the pic. We have to be very protective of this sort of thing because this is a site for developers and publishers, and they have to feel this is a secure environment to discuss their games without fear of piracy. When you go around posting images of a game a week in advance, and claim you can't post pics of it and you'll lose your job, that's a red alarm.

Gonna have to see it when I get home, but I'm sure GAF detectives will determine whether it is fake or not by the time I get home.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
razdor2k said:
I have 20 minutes before my father and I are driving home, and tommorow we won't have the review build, please hurry or youll have to wait for someone else / wait untill release date.
:lol

razdor2k

Banned
You know what, do whatever you wanted, i just wanted to make some people happy, so i played a little with the start screen and thought about NeoGAF hungry people.

so Ive asked you guys what do you want to see, im sorry now for wasting my play time here for posting in this forum, Going The hell out of here.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That proof is bullshit :lol

Clear pics of the DS with game in action, then a fuzzy pic of the cartridge only? :lol I thought the cartridge wasn't labeled?

taylor910

Zerokku said:
The pic he showed even has the black portion in the mid-top left next to the "S" from that pic where they guy didn't properly cover the previous cart art.

To see what I'm talking about, check the vgboxart pic, and click it to see a larger version.

Damn you guys are good. Was actually gonna try and defend him but fuck this kid.

BEFORE BAN THREAT:
razdor2k said:
You guys are pathetic + i can't show you this game cartridge because it don't have any picture on it.
AFTER BAN THREAT:
razdor2k said:
BTW PROOF:

23kyro1.jpg

BEFORE BAN THREAT:
razdor2k said:
anyway, you think id like to lose my job? its not a pirated version.
AFTER BAN THREAT:
razdor2k said:
I told you, ive got my hands on a review build, because my father is kinda the manager here...

You got it because of your job, or because your father is a manager? The mystery deepens...
for those who cant put 2 and 2 together. :lol :lol :lol

Nemesis_

razdor2k said:
You know what, do whatever you wanted, i just wanted to make some people happy, so i played a little with the start screen and thought about NeoGAF hungry people.

so Ive asked you guys what do you want to see, im sorry now for wasting my play time here for posting in this forum, Going The hell out of here.

Oh please, you got called out. >_>

rhino4evr

Looking forward to the eventual hype implosion next week. Some of you have really hyped this up too much. I cant remember the last time an original IP was hyped so much.

Can't wait to play this. I ordered through Amazon. No Rooster hat for me.

edited per suggestion.

Blizzard

Banned
iamcool388 said:
BEFORE BAN THREAT:

AFTER BAN THREAT:

BEFORE BAN THREAT:

AFTER BAN THREAT:

You got it because of your job, or because your father is a manager? The mystery deepens...
for those who cant put 2 and 2 together. :lol :lol :lol
Nice, good call. Maybe he works for his father though, and his father has a review copy? :lol

He's probably lying, but I'm going to post this picture. To be fair, I think the cart picture was blurry because the camera focus was on the fabric in the upper right.

Here's a comparison picture, you can see that if it's a fake, it isn't from that box art fake (I'm assuming the box art was fake, didn't look closely):
11m9ahv.jpg

In particular, the code in the bottom right isn't the same length. *shrug* the little black spot on the left is odd, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The pic of the game cart was unfortunately pretty unconvincing.

But let's just drop it, as the banhammer has already come thunderously down on another over on the preview thread, and this is the official one.

Back to scribbley goodness:

no phalanx

:'''(

Hehe. I have an idea for a thread once we all have our hands on the game that I'm sure I won't be able to make as a lowly junior, but maybe somebody else will be able to indulge me.

It'd go something like this: Every post, name one thing that you are disappointed to find doesn't exist in Scribblenauts (or something you expected to find but wasn't there), and one thing that you were surprised to find does exist (something you didn't expect to be there that was).

Might be fun and give lots of ideas of things to try, whaddya say?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Blizzard said:
Here's a comparison picture, you can see that if it's a fake, it isn't from that box art fake (I'm assuming the box art was fake, didn't look closely):
11m9ahv.jpg

the box art was fake, for one, and for two NTR-ASHE-USA is Ashphault: Urban GT's game code, so...

also, why would an israeli have a US review copy?

poweld

rhino4evr said:
my goodness you guys...the internet is serious business indeed. Who cares if he pirated it. At least he's willing to try your suggestions.
I do. I believe others here do, too. It's illegal and degrades the whole fucking industry. Get your head out of your ass.

On a more positive note, I'm officially super hyped on this :D

rhino4evr said:
Looking forward to the eventual hype implosion next week. Some of you have really hyped this up too much. I cant remember the last time an original IP was hyped so much.

I've just cancelled my pre-order in order to curve disappointment. Sorry, but too much of the videos shown just annoy me for not being more awesome. Meat eating Vegetarian included.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Blizzard said:
In particular, the code in the bottom right isn't the same length. *shrug* the little black spot on the left is odd, though.

11m9ahv2.jpg

Thats why I called it as such. In the pixelated "pic" it shows some of the same off colors as well as that black spot, as the shop from the vgboxart pic.

-PXG-

I can get back to from the event, no problem, but getting there is going to be an issue. No trains go through MSU on the weekends. Hmmmm....let me double check.

Stumpokapow said:
the box art was fake, for one, and for two NTR-ASHE-USA is Ashphault: Urban GT's game code, so...

also, why would an israeli have a US review copy?

Oh snap!

Seriously, this is over. Let's get back on track - and let this be a warning to other pirates.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
-PXG- said:
No one will answer me ;___; That or you all live in NYC.

Uh, I live in Florida. Sorry.

EDIT: Also, insert whine about everybody just going on talking about the fake and no responses to my thread idea. :<

rhino4evr

Son of Godzilla said:
I've just cancelled my pre-order in order to curve disappointment. Sorry, but too much of the videos shown just annoy me for not being more awesome. Meat eating Vegetarian included.

LOL, I hope you are joking.

I don't think anyone should cancel pre-orders. I just think it's amazing how long some of you have been on the hype train. I've been posting and lurking in the preview thread for months now, and some of you guys need to get expectations in check. I've seen it come crashing down way too many times (especially on NeoGaf) to want to see it happen again.

That being said, I think people that pirate games are pretty pathetic.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Blizzard said:
In particular, the code in the bottom right isn't the same length.

well nintendo only has two format types:
NTR-P-XXXX (which it clearly isn't)
NTR-XXXX-USA

and they don't use a variable width font

so, either the code is the same length and the poorly applied blur filter tricked you, or it's a fake code.

this is 5th grade stuff, seriously.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Stumpokapow said:
well nintendo blah blah blah blah blah

Stop talking about it.

He derailed our thread quickly and sufficiently enough already. I don't want Jackson to refrain from posting here ever again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
oh fuck it let's just do the final nail in the coffin

the scribblenauts cartridge art is maxwell with a notepad in his hands (not what the image shows), the ESRB rating is E10+ (not what the image shows), and the cart code is NTR-DSLE-USA (not what the image shows).

enjoy the ban

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's funny that 30 minutes ago he said that he had to leave in 20 minutes and that he wouldn't be able to post anything at that time.

According to his profile, he is still lurking online at the moment.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
NO SHITTING HERE but if you type in NEOGAF in game the logo appears. You can ride it and if you interact with it a boy with a SNES pad on his shirt appears.

Image proof taken on iPhone.

photoeo.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Edit 2: My breakdancing bears require reuploading. :(

Can we please just get back to discussing the game and not this poor fool?

Edit:
Your thread idea is stupid and you have a poopy face and you poop your pants when you make your stupid poopy face.

Damn, you've found me out.

Edit 3:
if you type in NEOGAF in game the logo appears. You can ride it and if you interact with it a boy with a SNES pad on his shirt appears.

Glorious.

Top Bottom