• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

Well the video was about interviewing Tim Schafer, so yeah.

Anyways, good info on the Toys-R-Us thing. I forgot to mention I put that into the OP...which is getting pretty beefy

RBH said:
Toys R Us is having a 1-day only deal on Scribblenauts:

Scribblenauts - $29
Get a $15 gift card with purchase - Tuesday only (9/15/09)
Damn, that's a good deal. And they'll have it Tuesday? Is a rooster hat worth $15? I have 3 preorders at Gamestop. Hmm...

WowBaby

My 7 yo son just came out of the hospital on Thursday, so as a treat I'm planning to take him to NWS in NYC on 9/13. I hope it's not that crowded. He'll have a blast I'm sure.

2pq7x4z.jpg

Ugh, I'd kill to go! Stupid obligations.

If people ARE going, though, make sure to get there EARLY. From the sounds of things this thing will be packed, and there's a limited number of copies

Mariner

WowBaby said:
My 7 yo son just came out of the hospital on Thursday, so as a treat I'm planning to take him to NWS in NYC on 9/13. I hope it's not that crowded. He'll have a blast I'm sure.

You are one awesome parent. Hope you guys have a blast. :D

Cowie

I wish there was a good solution for getting the DS on a large screen a la gameboy player on gamecube.. This game is just begging to be played by a group of people shouting out answers.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
SirPenguin said:
2pq7x4z.jpg

If people ARE going, though, make sure to get there EARLY. From the sounds of things this thing will be packed, and there's a limited number of copies

JACKSON:

Can you confirm that you'll be at this event? I live in Ohio, but I'm MORE than willing to trek all the way out to NYC in order to meet you in person. Any chance of a pre/post-launch GAF party or anything? It'd be really cool to meet all of you guys in person and hang out for just a bit.

I would absolutely love to go, even if it is a mad-huge drive for me. =D

Dacvak said:
JACKSON:

Can you confirm that you'll be at this event? I live in Ohio, but I'm MORE than willing to trek all the way out to NYC in order to meet you in person. Any chance of a pre/post-launch GAF party or anything? It'd be really cool to meet all of you guys in person and hang out for just a bit.

I'll most probably be going too, but how are we going to recognize which dude is a gaffer?

I dunno if I wanna go around the place in circles, weaving through throngs of people, quietly whispering "Is it happening?" and hoping someone gives the right answer! :lol

Jackson

Dacvak said:
JACKSON:

I'll be there along with Edy, Marius and Joe and some other 5TH Cellers. :) We'll be signing 217 posters I believe.

I dunno about any parties though, I've been doing a lot of shows lately, I'm tired. :p

jrricky

Banned
Jackson said:
I'll be there along with Edy, Marius and Joe and some other 5TH Cellers. :) We'll be signing 217 posters I believe.

I dunno about any parties though, I've been doing a lot of shows lately, I'm tired. :p
Nice, will definitely skip work to go then.
lol, skip work?... its part time so I will just switch my schedule
. Looking forward to meeting you. I already have my game preordered at gamestop so I will just be down there to meet and congratulate the team (and take some pics).

Again, that interview was awesome and a real insight.

Feep, you are a celebrity now, so are you going to be there?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Jackson said:

Hah, gotcha. I sent you a PM
before I read this post

And by parties, I basically meant a before or after meetup. =)

Dacvak said:
JACKSON:

What kind of insane love for a specific games developer rep is this? :\
You sound like a teenager following Brad Pitt through the country or something.

Okay, that TRU $15 giftcard is double teaming me with the $20 Halo one. Bye bye silly hat, I hardly knew thee.

I cannot fucking believe that Toys R Us has been my goto spot for day one releases for this entire year. Street Fighter 4 they had some stupid Chun Li figure I was a sucker for. Resident Evil they threw down a $20 rebate card. Puzzle Quest Galactrix was only $20 with purchase of Rhythm Heaven. And now this. Sheeeit.

Blizzard

Banned
FoxHimself said:
What kind of insane love for a specific games developer rep is this? :\
You sound like a teenager following Brad Pitt through the country or something.
From all accounts, they're cool devs. And Jackson isn't just a game dev rep, he's one of the company co-founders and I seem to recall he came up with the ideas for the games 5th Cell has done. :p I don't know if he does programming, but I'm guessing he at least does design work himself.

Now see, I found his "I'd like to meet you" comments somewhat less creepy than the plethora of "Wow Jackson, you're hotttt" comments that came after the Jackson hat picture. :lol

Blizzard said:
From all accounts, they're cool devs. And Jackson isn't just a game dev rep, he's one of the company co-founders and I seem to recall he came up with the ideas for the games 5th Cell has done. :p I don't know if he does programming, but I'm guessing he at least does design work himself.

Now see, I found his "I'd like to meet you" comments somewhat less creepy than the plethora of "Wow Jackson, you're hotttt" comments that came after the Jackson hat picture. :lol

Well, that's true, but to drive for eight hours (if you live east in Ohio) just to meet a specific games dude... I find that pretty creepy too! :lol

Why would it be creepy? I'd do the same thing to meet any of my favorite people, as would you I'm sure. Chances are, given that Seattle isn't exactly close to Ohio, this is a once in a lifetime chance to meet a very cool guy behind some very cool shit. Plus a chance to get the game early and some autographs!

Nelo Ice said:
wow tru is on fire with these gift card deals for good games
1st arkham asylum now scribblenauts and soon odst :D

I totally missed out on the Batman: AA deal. To make up for it, I will buy a second copy of Scribblenauts from TRU for my fiance!

Edit: There is a GAF symbol in the game?
That you can ride! Mind=BLOWN!

Dacvak

billy.sea said:
Where do all you guys get those scribblenauts profile pics from? I want one!

You're late by a few months. The artists aren't doing them anymore.

That being said, you can probably rummage around for some random Scribblenauts art and just use something like that.

Or make your own.

pdk27

SirPenguin said:
2pq7x4z.jpg

I'm flying out to Poland on Tuesday so this might be my chance to pick it up and have it for the plane. I don't trust Toys R Us to have it available before my flight leaves.

I haven't been in the thread but I'm getting pumped now that the game is only a few days away. Good luck with the profits Jackson, you guys deserve mad cash flow. :D

WowBaby said:
NWS is sure to be crowded on Sunday because the pink and white DSi's are going to be on sale that day too. :(

Goddammit. I have no idea when to get there, I really don't feel like hanging around outside for a few hours.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Toys R Us is giving a $15 gift card with purchase of the game. I still have a $30 gift card from my Wii Sports Resort pickup, so as far as I'm concerned it's a done deal.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm blind. Someone mentioned it like 8 posts before me. So STUPID!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
9.5 by the German Wii Magazin.
Sweetness. Looking good so far.

This game deserves to be in the DS of every owner out there. I'll be really interested ot see the sales figures on the game a year from now, how many millions it's sold.

Need some confirmation other than GameFAQs, but someone over there says Game Informer gave it an 8.75 and a 7.75. They also cite control issues, NPCs getting in the way, and some things not working the way you expect as faults. Otherwise they had "a blast" and said it was very creative and a ton of fun to mess around in

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
SirPenguin said:
Need some confirmation other than GameFAQs, but someone over there says Game Informer gave it an 8.75 and a 7.75. They also cite control issues, NPCs getting in the way, and some things not working the way you expect as faults. Otherwise they had "a blast" and said it was very creative and a ton of fun to mess around in

Maybe they Paper Mario 2'd it.

Taxman

Firestorm said:
8.75 and 7.75 are hardly "super critical" >_>;
Not in this case. I've just found that I disagree with GI far more than any other review source. I read their reviews and keep finding myself thinking "I can't believe they're complaining about this crap" or "How is that a bad thing?".

NintendOWNED

Neo Member
Obviously the game is still the same. I had the same problems when I tested it at PAX. The controls sucked, so the review is still a review regardless of whether the embargo was broken or not.

I mean the scores that are out now from the Nintendo magazines broke embargo, why not disregard them? Oh wait, then that would be bad press. I WAS excited for this game. but the controls made it so frustrating I didn't wanna play it anymore at the demo booth. So the hype train will end and the reviews will speak the truth.

NintendOWNED said:
Obviously the game is still the same. I had the same problems when I tested it at PAX. The controls sucked, so the review is still a review regardless of whether the embargo was broken or not.

I mean the scores that are out now from the Nintendo magazines broke embargo, why not disregard them? Oh wait, then that would be bad press. I WAS excited for this game. but the controls made it so frustrating I didn't wanna play it anymore at the demo booth. So the hype train will end and the reviews will speak the truth.

A dream shattered...

Firestorm

Taxman said:
Not in this case. I've just found that I disagree with GI far more than any other review source. I read their reviews and keep finding myself thinking "I can't believe they're complaining about this crap" or "How is that a bad thing?".
I'm very confused as to why you keep reading their reviews if you disagree with them so much.

NintendOWNED said:

Er, what?

We KNOW the game has control issues. Personally I think this is one of those games where the concept alone is enough to sell people on it (myself included), despite what may be glaring issues.
I hope the GAF hypetrain doesn't implode on itself when they realize that (like most high concept games), it has some problems. I also hope that Jackson, who has been amazing to this community, doesn't get lynched.

Personally, I'm expecting a fantastic game with control problems. Life goes on.

Taxman

Firestorm said:
I'm very confused as to why you keep reading their reviews if you disagree with them so much.
Because I think that confirmation bias is a bad thing to have in media of all sorts, not just politics. I'll read their reviews, I just won't pay for their magazine.

Top Bottom