• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Blizzard said:
We've already established in many posts that the game has the worst controls ever.

I don't think we have established any such thing. Not yet anyhow. The game's been out only a few hours only in one place, and it sounds like those who are playing it are diving through stuff at more-or-less breakneck speed.

Controls take a bit of getting used to. I'm reserving judgment.

Blizzard

Banned
phisheep said:
I don't think we have established any such thing. Not yet anyhow. The game's been out only a few hours only in one place, and it sounds like those who are playing it are diving through stuff at more-or-less breakneck speed.

Controls take a bit of getting used to. I'm reserving judgment.
Yeah, I'm being a bit cynical. I mean, I don't even really like touchscreen games, and I'm still looking forward to it. I would have preferred keypad controls, even though the DS keypads and buttons hurt my hands.

I just wish I knew where all these random people are getting the game early...I'll check wal-mart when I go shopping today but I am -very- unoptimistic. :p

Volcynika said:
Thread of Scribblenauts and Blizzard questioning every poster who has the game.
Two people have already been banned. To quote Amir0x, people are being bold. :lol And if I'm wrong, I'll certainly apologize.

So as you guys already heard, the launch was kickass overall. I ended up telling Jackson (kept calling him 'Big Boss' and saluting him, sorry if that annoyed you) that it was more fun than the MGS4 signing. And hey, it was. Rooster Hat.

206o180.jpg

So there was a bunch of little cupcakes with Starite cookies on top of the cream, and you could pull the cookie out and hold it separate like a lollipop. I had the toughest freakin' time eating this thing, more than I should have had methinks. :lol

And yes, in the center of this assortment of cupcakes was the giant Maxwell cake. Around 1PM (or was it 2PM), the dudes of 5th Cell went down to the first floor to initiate the cake cutting. Feel bad for the kids watching Maxwell get decapitated and so forth.

14r3eq.jpg

At some point later on in the day, Stephen Totilo was in the store and I basically made the dumbest face and stuck my hand out for some reason at him when I realized who he was. Must've been hilarious to behold. :lol

m9sk7r.jpg

And yeah, I was recording a bunch of video off my iPod Nano, I'll have links up later on to youtube or whatnot.

Blizzard said:
That sucks, that's the second impression like that.

...your last post:

And you mentioned you didn't preorder, and I didn't know you went to the NYC launch...so how did you get it early? :X
You should sign up for the internet junior deputy program.

KScorp

Blizzard said:
And you mentioned you didn't preorder, and I didn't know you went to the NYC launch...so how did you get it early? :X
One of the Best Buys in my area had it out today, on the shelves. One of my friends was planning on buying it day 1, so I called him up, and bought it for him. Of course, I played it a bit (~3 hours) before handing it over. :lol

Volcynika

momolicious said:
Blizzard, are you purposely trying to get people banned?

Yeah, seems like every day until the full launch will be:

"Hey guys this game is pretty great--:
"WHERE DID YOU GET IT??!@?!!"

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
momolicious said:
talking about and using banned games should be stigmatized, though, I reckon.

it's not difficult to take a pic of the games case with a written note and post it.

Amazon literally has no choice but to ship my order tomorrow if they plan on upholding their "Release Date Delivery" time. It's making me worried, but I live in the middle of nowhere in western Maine and I know it'll be a week+ before any of the local places get it

Volcynika

Cat in the Hat said:
Why shouldn't it be?

Because people don't do this for every game ever, while the involvement of 5th Cell and GAF is great, I don't see this kind of patrolling in any other thread. And I think the mods can do their job, that's what they're there for.

Hell, if a store here leaked it and sold it to me and I posted that I'm enjoying the game, get questioned while I'm away and then banned because I might not be around to come post a pic about it, "oh well too bad lolz" I guess?

Volcynika said:
Because people don't do this for every game ever, while the involvement of 5th Cell and GAF is great, I don't see this kind of patrolling in any other thread. And I think the mods can do their job, that's what they're there for.
While I agree that this doesn't happen much for other games. I still think it should, maybe this thread will start a trend around here in catching these fuckers.

Yeah, but the people bitching about the pirates ironically,derail the topic more than the pirates themselves. I think the mods know what to do, and members calling out other members is a great way to kill a topic, you know?

Anyways, in a couple of days this'll be a non-issue at least

Masem

Neo Member
Hey, those pics with the rooster hats along the street and the good shots of 5th Cell people: are those that took these shots willing to allow their free use on Wikipedia?

I want to turn the article there around to Good article status once the reviews filter in, and a couple free pics will help :)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Cat in the Hat said:
Why shouldn't it be?
Because it's really fucking annoying and we have people to take care of that.
Unfortunately for Blizzard, he isn't one of them.

NeoZylom

Guys. Some store could break the street date no? Come on it happen a lot with some games. Why not this one? Hey some stores even break the street date with the Wii. Why do people who have the game early has to be pirate :S

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Cat in the Hat said:
Maybe when Scribblenauts bombs on sales you guys will care.
You are totally missing the point.

KScorp

Cat in the Hat said:
Super Mario Galaxy was leaked what, 3 weeks early? I hardly think the game was unsuccessful.

Stop derailing the Scribblenauts thread. D=

Man I can't wait for this game now. Gonna have to wait till next month though! Damn PAL delay!
I really hope the game gets a good push over here, however I doubt it though.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Cat in the Hat said:

personally I'm hoping the crazy ass launch party is a good indication on just how much word of mouth has spread.

and that WB marketing machine is certainly helping

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think that it should just be GAF policy that if you're talking about your experience with a game prior to the official release date, you include a pic of the game.

That way, no one has to do any policing, thread stays on topic, etc.

Spruchy

Why would anyone in their right
mind post impressions when they have to provide evidence to some crazed fanboy who has nothing better to do? And if your impressions happen to be negative in anyway they are instantly yelled at for being false (by someone who has not played the game) or even better they serve as evidence for being a pirate.

No thanks.

Cat in the Hat said:

I don't think these two things are related, though

Anyways, eff it, not a big deal. We'll get back on topic come Tuesday at least. Hopefully with wacky hijanks!

Cat in the Hat said:

Well, you know, typing up some response and / or banning people isn't going to stop them from pirating the game though. Oh well, I'm off to play some Beatles Rock Band with some friends. :lol

Stitch

Gold Member
people are playing the new halo for two weeks now, i'm sure it will bomb

i sure hope every halo player will post pics of his game case so we can be sure it won't bomb

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Cat in the Hat said:
What point? That it's annoying? Fuck off with that noise. Having pirates coming into the thread and posting about how awesome 5th Cell is fucking annoying.
Dude.
Nobody here is condoning piracy. NeoGAF has mods to take care of people acting suspicious.
If you or Blizzard think they aren't doing a proper job then Private Message one of them!
End of story. You don't need to hound every single person in this thread that is posting impressions.

KScorp

Ok, desperate attempt to get this thread back on track:

In my short time with the game, I tried out the level editor. I wanted to make some cool switches/doors and tripwire puzzles, but I couldn't figure out how. Did anyone else who has the game figure out how to make triggers like that yet?

SirPenguin said:
I don't think these two things are related, though
I know banning pirates on NeoGAF won't increase sales. Duh! no shit!

That's not what I was getting at, what I'm saying is if Scribblenauts does bomb the people you should be mad at are the thousands of people stealing the game right now. So in turn, they should be caught.

-PXG-

FINALLY made it back to my dorm. Took fucking forever! PHEEEEEEEEEW!!!

Anyway, all you guys were cool as hell. It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Mad mad mad mad MAAAAAAAAD props to all ya'll at 5th Cell for making such an amazing game. Every dollar you make is well deserved.

I'll post my haul in a bit. Time to rest X__X

mjc

Cat in the Hat said:
I know banning pirates on NeoGAF won't increase sales. Duh! no shit!

That's not what I was getting at, what I'm saying is if Scribblenauts does bomb the people you should be mad at are the thousands of people stealing the game right now. So in turn, they should be caught.

Piracy is gonna happen anyways, and hounding people about how they're playing it isn't very conductive to the thread. Not a hard concept to grasp.

IceMarker

I wonder what Jackson thinks about all this? Guess we'll find out after that massive launch party that probably got them thousands of unit sales right there.

-PXG-

For those of you who were there, PM me if you want to add my on Facebook. I'm too fucking tired/ lazy to PM all of you :p

Anyway, here is my haul

100_1766.jpg

Thanks again everyone. Today was truly memorable :)

Also, jrricky....Scary as hell that you know Mel :lol EVERYONE knows Mel apparently.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
:[
They really need to do a west coast event.

-PXG-

I didn't bother taking pictures, since everyone else was.

Speaking of which, where's jrricky at? No way I got back home before he did :lol

poweld

3916943441_b2074f69e6_b.jpg

3916942685_2b3b5ed712_b.jpg

Aaand super blurrycam pic of me and the man.. was feeling a bit rushed, cause I was next in line. :D
3917737862_990fd08147.jpg

And now, time to play!

3917737114_0078729508_b.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
momolicious said:
If they pirated it, why not? Do you have a problem with that, considering it's in the forum rules? :lol I'll make a longer post in a minute and stop posting about this since most people seem to be complaining.

Top Bottom