• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Shadow Man

Orta

Banned
It looks like Shadow Man is getting remade, again.

The-Shadow-Man-mkv-snapshot-00-21-646.jpg

The-Shadow-Man-mkv-snapshot-00-25-460.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The remaster of the critically acclaimed 1999 Acclaim title was already confirmed to be coming to the PS4 on January 13 and the Nintendo Switch on January 17, but an Xbox release date has still yet to be announced.

However, a new listing on the Xbox store and achievement list have been spotted by True Achievements, with the game’s release date listed as January 13, the same as that of the PS4 version.

It should be noted, however, that this date has yet to be officially confirmed by the game’s developer Nightdive Studios.

According to the listing, Shadow Man Remastered will be an Xbox One title as opposed to an Xbox Series X/S title, but will also boast Xbox One X enhancements such as 4K resolution.

Dr.Morris79

Please tell me someone found a way to invert 'look' on the Xbox version..

..Please, please tell me they put it in. I feel queesy, help :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Seems like it's a case of turning 'off' invert look, makes it inverted. But then on free cam it's up for up

..Might be a patch incomming there me thinks (y)

ShadowNate

It's a good remaster, and they also restored or recreated some levels that were not in the original. I am not sure if you have the choice to play the original campaign as it was, or it's just this new one now, though. They did write on Steam that there was some other things they wanted to restore (a boss fight amongst them), but I don't know if they did that already.

I was waiting for them to finalize it for good before buying it.

Dr.Morris79

This begs the ultimate question now..

Is Shadow Man 2 worth playing? I did buy it day one on release but I have vague memories of punting it down the garden as I thought it stunk..

But, that was many beers ago, I was younger and just as stupid, so is it?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A cult N64 classic was remastered for PC by retro-modern experts Nightdive Studios - and now Shadow Man Remastered has arrived for consoles! John Linneman and Alex Battaglia discuss the fascinating ports - and their settings. Yes, settings on a console game!

Wrong thread sir.
Before I created the post, I searched for shadow man and nothing appears. The name of the game is not correct and that's why it was not appear.

Last edited:

Vindicator

Great game, bought the remaster 2 days ago and really hooked again.
Still have my cardboard box around, but didn't manage it to finish back in the day, got quite far but was just enjoying the soundtrack and atmosphere, now after platting almost all Souls games it should work better lol.
A real remake would be terrific with all that sinister stuff.

ShadowNate

The remaster got a relative big patch update (1.4) coinciding with the consoles release a few days ago. They fixed bugs and restored a bit more content. Still not the big content update they talked about, that's coming sometime in the future.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Shadow Man is back and is coming to consoles near you!

Official blurb: "It's time to go back to Deadside. Today, remaster oracle Nightdive Studios and the iconic publisher Valiant Entertainment announce that SHADOW MAN: REMASTERED is available on PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S|X consoles. The Nintendo Switch version releases on January 17th.

SHADOW MAN: REMASTERED is an updated version of the cult-classic originally developed by Acclaim Studios and published on PC, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, and Dreamcast in 1999. Nightdive Studios has lovingly upgraded the Voodoo Noir action-adventure game with 4K widescreen support, dynamic shadow mapping, and never-before-seen content previously cut from the original game."

Top Bottom