• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 Cottage Living - Official Gameplay Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Experience the rustic charm of a cozy cottage, a delightful village, and new ways to interact with the world.

The Sims™ 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack*, launches July 22 at 10 a.m. PT.
Preorder or buy by September 2 and get the bonus Gnome on the Go Digital Content**!

Get your hands dirty foraging in the forest for fresh ingredients, or growing them in your garden.
If you grow something you’re proud of, make sure to head into town and enter it in the Finchwick Fair competition!
While you’re there, check out the unique shops and chat with locals at the pub.
New animal friends are waiting, too.
You can build relationships with your own cow and chickens, and collect milk and eggs from them.
In the woods, there are bunnies and other creatures you can befriend.
The villagers are also nice, sure, but: bunny friends.

Available July 22 at 10 a.m. PT.

Kuranghi

I thought the thread title just said "cottaging" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ozzy osbourne conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

You can milk a cow in this paid expansion while EA keeps milking Sims fans

The Sims could be so much more

I mean, they are becoming so much more with each DLC, so Idk what the hell you're talking about.

Do I think they're milking the franchise? Yeah, absolutely.

But they've been supporting this game for how many years now? I'd say I'd actually commend them for supporting this game for as long as they did because there are legitimately people out there who play nothing but the Sims, and actively play through almost every DLC.

To Hell with some of the prices though, but I guess that's a matter of personal decision on what you think is worth buying.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
You can milk a cow in this paid expansion while EA keeps milking Sims fans

The Sims could be so much more
I’m not sure what more it could ever be. All the games are fun for about a week, then you get sick of how retarded Sims are and start to make your own fun by killing them in creative ways. Sims games are almost like those old IQ tests, the longer you play it for, the dumber you are. The gameplay loop wears itself out in about a week or 2.

xrnzaaas

Has there been any indication of The Sims 5? It's been nearly 7 years since Sims 4 came out.

2000 - The Sims
2004 - The Sims 2
2009 - The Sims 3
2014 - The Sims 4
It's easier to print money with the new expansions... and take away their content when Sims 5 launches.

Hari Seldon

Really need an Indy to come along and shake up this franchise. Sims 4 was built in the era of everything is going to be a mobile game and is way too long in the tooth.

It's easier to print money with the new expansions... and take away their content when Sims 5 launches.
but sims has been doing expansions since 2000. so it's not exactly new what they're doing. we all know they make a lot off expansions but the question is why isn't there sims 5.

sims 4 is on expansion #11 (with cottage living) which puts it on par with sims 3 which also had 11 expansions. it seems weird we've not heard anything about sims 5 when there is usually 4-5 years between major releases and it's now been 7 years of sims 4 and if it gets just one more expansion it'll be the sims game with most expansions.

Top Bottom