• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 |OT| Behold its true form and despair!

Necrovex

I've decided I wanted to hook up with Bella Goth, so I went ahead and ruined her marriage. I'm proud of my actions thus far. :-D

samn

Well, time to go shopping I guess!
EDIT: Done and done (from Simply CDKeys). Why the hell are EA selling it at that price on Origin? Are they trying to turn customers away? Or are they hoping to catch a few mugs? Damn they're a woeful, cynical company.

Michael Pachter explains it in one of those Pach Attacks, but for Steam.

They set a high price so that rich people who don't have the time to hunt for a better deal or wait for a physical copy to arrive will purchase. People whose time is less valuable will go on a CD key site or hunt through bargain bins.

Necrovex

Michael Pachter explains it in one of those Pach Attacks, but for Steam.

They set a high price so that rich people who don't have the time to hunt for a better deal or wait for a physical copy to arrive will purchase. People whose time is less valuable will go on a CD key site or hunt through bargain bins.

What surprises me is how quickly one can find these deals.

Zareka

ahahahahaha

Romance really isn't difficult in this game is it? I sent my sim to the park and within minutes he had made out with 3 women who became his girlfriends, all at the same time.

The jealousy system is really wonky too. I my sim's wife's sister waltzed in to their home, kissed him lovingly on the cheek while his wife watched and absolutely nothing happened. Later, the sim kissed his wife and the sister got REALLY upset because of it. None if it makes sense!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Well, time to go shopping I guess!
EDIT: Done and done (from Simply CDKeys). Why the hell are EA selling it at that price on Origin? Are they trying to turn customers away? Or are they hoping to catch a few mugs? Damn they're a woeful, cynical company.

Will Simply CD Keys err Keys work on an Origin client in the US?

Retro

No basements? or did I miss something ;(

Now I must switch careers. How can I be a james bond villain or a criminal mastermind without an underground vault containing all my money/treasures!

No basements, pools or any kind of terrain deformation at all. You can only build up, and even that's pretty limited.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anybody else having issues with an Invalid license - missing dll error on boot? Only solution I found online is to run Visual Studio install which I did and hasn't fixed the issue.

Rainmaker

Banned
Seeing that near-perfect Seinfeld apartment made me want a whole town filled up with sitcom places and characters. Cheers, Dunder Mifflin, the apartments from Friends, and Greendale Community College.

Avixph

Someone on the Official Sims forum posted this image:
i1wglLl.jpg

Yes it is indeed a pregnant male Sim.

Necrovex

Now I added another Sim to my household by having her move in, now I'm even more addicted. I need to use a cheat so my main Sim goes into some form of writer's block, since I'm blocked to progress with that aspiration.

This may be a dumb question, but can you play this like The Sims 2? As in, switch from household to household that is in the neighborhood? Unlike The Sims 3, where you had to do a new load.

Cigol

I'm sure I'm in for a long line of bugs/expansions/heartache but I'm happy I ignored my instincts (and the bad press) and bought the game anyway. Revisiting the Sims 2 earlier this month shown me that although it did many things better than Sims 3 I was still more inclined to play and enjoy the sequel. So far the Sims 4 feels fresh and fun to play. I'm really liking the UI as well. The only annoying thing is the tutorial popups, they are easy to miss/getintheway/or just generally too slow to fade in and out.

kvothe

Uh. Last time I played, it took forever to save my game, to the point that I thought the game had crashed. Eventually it did manage to save and I quit the game. But now every time I try to start the game, it crashes.

I've done the "repair game" option two times, still have the same problem.

If I go to completely uninstall the game, it says, "All add-ons, bonuses, and files in the game installation directory will be removed."

What exactly does this mean? Will I lose the bonus lamps I got for owning Sims 3? Also, is there a way to check when your save was last uploaded to the cloud?

Edit: Apparently this game doesn't use cloud saves.

Shahadan

I'm loving making babies all around town without ever marry or have a mother move in with me. I'm repopulating the area and I don't have to pay for anything!

It's always hilarious to see the mother call me on the phone "hey your son is born! Bye"

JoeBoy101

This may be a dumb question, but can you play this like The Sims 2? As in, switch from household to household that is in the neighborhood? Unlike The Sims 3, where you had to do a new load.

As far as I can tell, yes. Save games are not based on family, but on the current iteration of the worlds.

Kvothe said:
Uh. Last time I played, it took forever to save my game, to the point that I thought the game had crashed. Eventually it did manage to save and I quit the game. But now every time I try to start the game, it crashes.

I've done the "repair game" option two times, still have the same problem.

If I go to completely uninstall the game, it says, "All add-ons, bonuses, and files in the game installation directory will be removed."

What exactly does this mean? Will I lose the bonus lamps I got for owning Sims 3? Also, is there a way to check when your save was last uploaded to the cloud?

I nearly lost my save the night before last because, I think the items I downloaded into the library were causing the startup to take forever.

You won't lose bonus lamps though, because if you delete and reinstall, it will bring them all back. They way I saved my save game is I deleted out a ton of my lots from the Tray folder of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\. Your saves are in the \Saves\ folder of that. I eventually worked out that the custom content I downloaded stretch the initial game load (not save, but game load) to 30-45 seconds instead of 15-20. My game load is still normal.

kvothe

As far as I can tell, yes. Save games are not based on family, but on the current iteration of the worlds.

I nearly lost my save the night before last because, I think the items I downloaded into the library were causing the startup to take forever.

You won't lose bonus lamps though, because if you delete and reinstall, it will bring them all back. They way I saved my save game is I deleted out a ton of my lots from the Tray folder of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\. Your saves are in the \Saves\ folder of that. I eventually worked out that the custom content I downloaded stretch the initial game load (not save, but game load) to 30-45 seconds instead of 15-20. My game load is still normal.

Hm, I haven't downloaded anything and only have one lot that I use.

I've spent hours making Sim households without ever entering the actual game. I never thought I'd be so entranced by sharing my silly Sims creations, but Sims 4 makes it so easy. It's bizarre and yet utterly enchanting.

As spartan as Sims 4 can be, they're clearly onto something good... I guess Maxis hasn't their touch completely.

Rennaisance Sim is buggy as fuck.

I got to level 10 in 5 careers and the requirements aren't tracking it. Have to quit jobs, get promoted once for some things to trigger. It's a headache.

JoeBoy101

Rennaisance Sim is buggy as fuck.

I got to level 10 in 5 careers and the requirements aren't tracking it. Have to quit jobs, get promoted once for some things to trigger. It's a headache.

There's a code if the aspiration goals are wonky.

Aspirations.complete_current_milestone

I had one where I had to apologize to my angry spouse. I got her angry, but the game did recognize my apology because it was a 'smooth' apology due to the higher Charisma I had.

Delio

Im trying to be friends with this other guy my sim has been romancing since im engaged now but whenever I leave the two of them alone they end up flirting and woohooing. I guess with their romance meter being pretty high they just default to that.

CzarTim

My main issue with this game right now is emotions are too finicky. Sometimes it makes sense for emotions to be fleeting (for instance flirty.) But if a sim breaks up with someone, they are sad for a few hours before they move on. I feel like that should last at least a day.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Alright so this game is actually pretty good, and with a few expansion packs will probably be really great. Still a bummer how many little things were left out, but for the discounted price I got I'm quite enjoying it.

Necrovex

Im trying to be friends with this other guy my sim has been romancing since im engaged now but whenever I leave the two of them alone they end up flirting and woohooing. I guess with their romance meter being pretty high they just default to that.

I'm trying to be friends with the former husband whose wife I stole. ;-)

Necrovex

My husband came from the house of the guy that keeps hooking up with me lol.

We're horrible people. But I am about to reach top tier of my journalism job, so I'll be a reputation God. Anyone who insults me will get a negative article in the paper. Mwuahaha.

Just got married, so I am to start thinking about starting a family up. Guess I have to leave my bachelor pad now.

Shahadan

Well my wedding was stupid. Bride left the lot as soon as we arrived and went home. Of course she couldn't be called back.
So I was stuck there unable to marry and wasted 1 000 simoleons.

At least I banged everyone at the venue instead.

Grizzo

Okay guys so I caved in and bought it (for half-price!!) through the Mexico store

It's downloading as I speak

Pretty excited to be honest

iCQXRqtJQ9bfi.jpg

Best illusion you've ever seen?

ibt5akdQAmIN9o.jpg

Mindcleanse.

Oh and he's got a hard drive or something stuck to his other hand.
ifIfdOVJBSyNj.jpg

While this is going on I'm in the process of a good ol traditional starvation exhibit. Spawned in this failed attempt at a Romeo Olsson to level up my other sim's ambition thingie. Now he's outlived his welcome. Has anyone figured out an efficient way of starting a fire?
iXeALFstayJB4.jpg

I don't know why the teddy bear shut its eyes, but its yet to open them again.

Mendrox

Liriks stream is crazy. Party where members are trapped and piss themselves and get killed by reapers. Two kids who smell like shit who are imprisoned to play games all the time without enough room and no beds and showers and his character who is a god and trains at the moment to get slim.

Wanace

My sim is a Gloomy Romantic Self-Assured novelist. I've got 3 booty calls who I invite over, then immediate tell them to leave. They eat it up. Haha. Then I write short story collections and make bank on the royalties.

Personaj

Neo Member
Is the Mexican sims price a sale price or permanent price? Really tempted to pick it up after realizing how terrible sims 3 is performance wise. Plus I love building houses.

Guys. I'm obsessed. I've been playing all day. My genius Sim, Ezekiel Knutson is climbing to the top of the criminal ladder. It's fun that, instead of having to nurture friendships, I have to keep people hating me. I just keep going to the park and getting in fights. It's great.

Cigol

Damn game won't load. Stuck on the loading screen :( back to real life I guess...

EDIT; seems to be the online connectivity bugging out. If you put Origin in offline mode it works fine but be careful you don't turn it online when in game or it bugs out again.

Labrys

My one friend is trying to make me feel bad for buying this, based on the list of removed features. I've been having fun so far, so I wish he'd cut it out.

I've made a fortune aspiring, romantic headstrong dude who just bagged himself a promotion and a boyfriend. I like how the relationship system works in conjunction with the moods, like how you can "smoothly recover" when embarrassed or confidently do stuff. The game overall reminds me of 2, which I like.

My one friend is trying to make me feel bad for buying this, based on the list of removed features. I've been having fun so far, so I wish he'd cut it out.

I've made a fortune aspiring, romantic headstrong dude who just bagged himself a promotion and a boyfriend. I like how the relationship system works in conjunction with the moods, like how you can "smoothly recover" when embarrassed or confidently do stuff. The game overall reminds me of 2, which I like.
I like that, I like that a lot. I really hated how The Sims 3 was structured. Sounds like with a few expansions, this game's going to be what I wanted The Sims 3 to be.

Oddly enough, my sim is literally exactly like me. I didn't plan for it but maybe my traits are exactly what really made her. I'm dead at that lol!

Some of you guys Sims are doing the most. My sim has yet to even kiss a guy yet lol. I leave her alone and she's playing the guitar and shit lol.

0 minutes until death by starvation as he was fighting that one guy. Then he falls asleep and suddenly his hunger meter gets into the green. The hell?

I'm starting to miss pools now.
How do you set fires?

CzarTim

Is there a way to determine the life stage (age) of a sim not in your control without going to the Manage World screen?

Top Bottom