• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Social Network [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

Oh, and count me as one of the people who had no idea that the faces of the Winklevoss twins were digitally grafted on. I had no idea until I watched the bonus features on disc two. I wonder if I'll be able to notice it on my next viewing.

it's pretty noticeable in one of the rowing scenes, iirc. i have to say, though, i probably wouldn't have ever noticed it if it hadn't been for that behind-the-scenes feature.

I liked the movie, but, the actor playing Mark Zuckberg had the personality of a rock lobster. He showed no emotion and everything he was a huge jackass to his friends.

I liked the movie, but, the actor playing Mark Zuckberg had the personality of a rock lobster. He showed no emotion and everything he was a huge jackass to his friends.

Well, the actor just portrays the character. Doesn't mean that's actually the way he is (Jesse Eisenberg, BTW)

Well, the actor just portrays the character. Doesn't mean that's actually the way he is (Jesse Eisenberg, BTW)

In understand, but, still. I didn't see mark smile once.

Eduardo had no idea what he was doing.

parker may have be an ass, but, his speech on the new age was spot on. Unlike ed, he knew what was up and where the future was. He took the initiative that Eduardo didn't. What did Eduardo even do anyways? He didn't seem to contribute much.

In understand, but, still. I didn't see mark smile once.

Eduardo had no idea what he was doing.

parker may have be an ass, but, his speech on the new age was spot on. Unlike ed, he knew what was up and where the future was. He took the initiative that Eduardo didn't. What did Eduardo even do anyways? He didn't seem to contribute much.

Eduardo basically completely funded Facebook at the beginning. And didn't Mark use his algorithm or something?

While this thread is up and running again I might as well add that it has become one of my favorite films over the last few years. The atmosphere, pacing, performances, and MUSIC are all fantastic.

Bladenic

While this thread is up and running again I might as well add that it has become one of my favorite films over the last few years. The atmosphere, pacing, performances, and MUSIC are all fantastic.

Agreed. I actually had to go see it in theaters for a class and didn't really have a desire to see beforehand, but gotdamn was I glad I went to see it. It was amazing.

oatmeal

Banned

Not to mention the cinematography.

And it's my favorite score...maybe ever (is that weird?).

I love this movie so much.

it really is amazing.

honestly at this point the only fincher film i could put above it is zodiac. and it's more impressive "technically" than that too. i even like it more than se7en now.

was this also the year scott pilgrim came out. between both films it's the first time i actually paid attention to great editing. it's an art.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Agree with all of the above. I've seen this movie a lot now and every time I'm still sucked in. It's a rare movie that does that for me.

jtb

Banned
The Facemash scene is one of the best heist scenes in anything. I think the movie is less than the sum of its parts, but those parts are so fucking good.

Just watched this film again on a flight and it still holds up well 5 years later. The cinematography, the pacing, and the dialogue are all perfect. It flies by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom