• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds has been suspended

firelogic

It's not just changing the name. I'd imagine they'd have to go in and change all mentions of Frozen Wilds within the game text which is simple enough and not time consuming but they'd have to re-record any voice work that said the name.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's not just changing the name. I'd imagine they'd have to go in and change all mentions of Frozen Wilds within the game text which is simple enough and not time consuming but they'd have to re-record any voice work that said the name.

Why would that be the case

Mikey Jr.

But they also have to rerecord all the times the voice actors say "we really are in the frozen wilds."

Not really...

If you're serious, just have Aloy say "we really are in the frozen wilds. Trademark registered to Huuuge games. Sony is in no way affiliated with Huuuge games or its subsidiaries. Viewer discretion is advised."

The extra part can be recorded by someone else, just added onto her original line.

Covers guerilla, and Sony.

TripleBee

This is just an add-on right ? not standalone ?

Surprised it even needs a trademark since it isn't going on store shelves with that name - just an ingame menu/dlc store.

Horizon Zero Dawn: It's cold as ice. Doo Doo Doo Doo.

Guerilla games could always be hopeful that Huuuge Games is willing to sacrifice their love of the title.

Wiped89

Sony is no match for Huuuge Games. The name alone tells you this.

You register the name first, you get the trademark. A bigger company can't just come in and shove a smaller one out the way.

Or we would get the Google iPhone or the Microsoft Playstation.

Sony will have to reach a deal to use the same trademark or change the name of either the Horizon expansion or pay this company to change their game name.

They can't both use it as Sony wouldn't be able to sell any merchandise or protect misuse of the trademark from knock off products if they didn't own it.

juicyb

Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen and Ready

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Season is Coldest just Before the Dawn

Horizon Zero Dawn: My Mother is Frozen

Horizon Zero Dawn: Ice Age Dino Edition

Horizon Zero Dawn: Rusted Dinos

Horizon Zero Dawn: Ice Ice Baby

Horizon Zero Dawn: Global Warming is a Hoax

jayu26

Horizon Zero Dawn: Trademark Revoked

Horizon Zero Dawn: Ice to meet you

Horizon Zero Road to Canada

Horizon here is something while you wait for WiLD.

One is "Frozen Wild" the other is "The Frozen Wilds". How could they suspend this? This is totally different.
It is like Silent Hill from Konami and Silent HillS from Hideo Kojima.
A letter could change the right to trademark and the legal ownership.

Top Bottom