• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for The Last Guardian has been revived (i.e. alive) but it's still dead

-Horizon-

If I believe its dead and it is dead, I'll be able to move on with my life.
If I believe its dead and it comes back to life, I can be happily surprised by the miracle.

Win Win I say.

daveo42

Banned
Still not buying the whole "It's alive" bit from Sony. I might change my mind if Sony ever actually reveals the game. In the mean time, no reason to get hyped up over a trademark.

Krakn3Dfx

Does this mean it's alive?
GxN90NO.jpg

'The Last Guardian' is no longer a retail game, it is a real life meta-game where we all spend hours on GAF arguing over it's corpse until we expire. In 10000000000000 years time there will still be one ardent Ueda fan (who by that time is just a brain in a jar) who refuses to accept the game is dead and has his brain-jar wired up to The Kutaragi Matrix so he can keep renewing the games trademark until the earth is destroyed. He is 'The Last Guardian'.

lmao

Unit24

If I believe its dead and it is dead, I'll be able to move on with my life.
If I believe its dead and it comes back to life, I can be happily surprised by the miracle.

Win Win I say.

Pretty much. It's in everyone's best interest to forget about the game and move on, and only get hyped if it actually gets revealed.

viveks86

What the hell, Kev?! You just couldn't handle the original title could you?

Still not buying the whole "It's alive" bit from Sony. I might change my mind if Sony ever actually reveals the game. In the mean time, no reason to get hyped up over a trademark.

You might? As in there is a chance that you won't change your mind even after they actually reveal it? O.O

A-V-B

I'm like, the biggest Ueda fan in history who doesn't cover his walls with merchandise.

But I'm watching out of morbid curiosity now. The era this game belongs to is dead. The creator is no longer directing the game, but consulting on a freelance basis. Ten years is enough for a man to have COMPLETELY changed, let alone his vision, let alone that vision in the hands of other people.

If it's pretty and plays decently, it'll a frickin miracle.

kyser73

I almost don't want it to ever come out because that would be the end of these threads, with their wonderful gifs and Y2Kev fucking with the believers.

I actually have no emotional investment in this game, but wasn't it obvious to everyone that the failure to renew the trademark was a clerical error, and nothing more? I mean come on people.

Game's gonna be shit and shat on when it comes out, of course. There's no way on this earth it'll deliver on the hopes and dreams of the adoring throng.

A-V-B

I almost don't want it to ever come out because that would be the end of these threads, with their wonderful gifs and Y2Kev fucking with the believers.

I actually have no emotional investment in this game, but wasn't it obvious to everyone that the failure to renew the trademark was a clerical error, and nothing more? I mean come on people.

Game's gonna be shit and shat on when it comes out, of course. There's no way on this earth it'll deliver on the hopes and dreams of the adoring throng.

More like a game lingers this long in game dev hell because something is actually wrong with it. Mistakes on huge projects, if given the freedom to correct themselves, take a LONG time. And it always comes down to something fundamentally wrong in the spine of the thing, and most fixes don't go that deep.

A-V-B

Just to not be too negative here, Ico was a lucky thing because they were pushing the PSX too hard, and just had to transfer it to the PS2. And we remember how hard SotC pushed the PS2, right? That could've been a PS3 game.

So the most positive issue that could come out of this is "we thought we could do it on the PS3 -- we were wrong, everything's okay folks, enjoy the last hurrah of Japan's pioneer of super artistic modern games."

AfroDust

Dont worry guys. I'm about to buy an Xbone. The way my terrible luck works, this game will get re-revealed at this year's E3 as a big fuck you to me from the universe for picking the wrong system to buy first.

R-User!

Col. Trautman: It's over Johnny. It's over!

Rambo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you!

Col. Trautman: It was a bad time for everyone, Rambo. It's all in the past now.

Rambo: For *you*! For me civilian life is nothing!

Lol

R-User!

I want to be alive for the day there's finally a new teaser for it just to see GAFs reactions

It'll be a show stopper/GAF-crasher when it's revealed that's for sure! People on YouTube will cry, scream and squeal and we will have many of those moments captured into convenient montages for our perusement!

Haunted

I'm like, the biggest Ueda fan in history who doesn't cover his walls with merchandise.

But I'm watching out of morbid curiosity now. The era this game belongs to is dead. The creator is no longer directing the game, but consulting on a freelance basis. Ten years is enough for a man to have COMPLETELY changed, let alone his vision, let alone that vision in the hands of other people.

If it's pretty and plays decently, it'll a frickin miracle.
well hey now let's not be crazy

It's only been 8 years since the game started development.

True Fire

If The Last Guardian eventually exists, I doubt the game we'll be playing has even begun production yet.

Just like how Final Fantasy XV began production in 2012 and Duke Nukem Forever probably began production three days before its deadline.

kyser73

If The Last Guardian eventually exists, I doubt the game we'll be playing has even begun production yet.

Just like how Final Fantasy XV began production in 2012 and Duke Nukem Forever probably began production three days before its deadline.

Three whole days, or just 9-5 days with long, boozy lunches.

Ozium

I'm a king without a throne
A heart without a home
Just cards that I've been dealt in life
I'll walk it all alone, but my hope will never die

BUT MY HOPE WILL NEVER DIE

dubstep breakdown

Top Bottom