• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The two main localizers at Xseed are out of the company

Tom and Hatsuu , you may know Tom as he used to post here and famous for fighting censorship in games, Hatsuu was the main one who pushed for Falcom games localization.

I dont know if this is related to the recent Sony censorship policies but the timing is strange.

Wow localization jobs must pay like shit if changing careers to teaching in Japan is a positive step for him. But maybe he really just wanted to move to Japan at any cost.

Anyway I wish them both luck.

Last edited:
This sounds like she was fired from company:

Something must have happened in Xseed since you don't leave without securing anything unless you are forced to.

I dont know if this is related to the recent Sony censorship policies but the timing is strange.
Both were outspoken on social media, and about the Senran Kagura series in particular. It's a small blessing that Tom could secure a smoother landing from this, hope Hatsuu makes it out as well. The old place people tried repeatedly to get both of them fired in the past.

If the Marvelous Japan employee who started that petition is fired or demoted as well, that will basically confirm our worst suspicions about Sony's handling of this situation behind the scenes. There were, after all, some claims around the time Omega Labyrinth got cancelled, that the localization studio's Sony third party license was in jeopardy hence the very evasive cancellation announcement. Marvelous' on the other hand was much more direct, even though a bit vague.

Last edited:

DiscoJer

That's a big loss. I used to know Tom from Gamefaqs before he was at Xseed. He was real passionate about games, especially Falcom's stuff.

kunonabi

Sony also gave limited run games shit for the CE of Bon apetit but they claim it's going to be untouched. I mean it's quite possible that Sony's new policies are going to make it much harder for these small companies to continue in their current capacities.

CatCouch

I really hope this isn't some big overhaul where censorship is expected. I really don't want to think this is companies just getting rid of people who stand up for "lewd" games. Not sure what to think, I don't want to jump to conclusions yet.

KellyM

Sad, I hope they both land on their feet. I hope this doesn't make it harder for Xseed to release any niche Japanese games.

FStubbs

I wonder what this means for Trails localizations - will they go to NISA (where they'll get messed up). Hatsuu put a lot into making sure there was quality between all the releases.

Senhua

Terrible news. Wish them both all the best anyway.
Well this is just make me easier to ignore all their(xseed) future output on ps4 as I don't really believe they won't being altered in some form or another.
That only leaves RGG studio and persona studio/studio 0 the last bastion for not outright selling my ps4 right now.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

This sounds like she was fired from company:

Something must have happened in Xseed since you don't leave without securing anything unless you are forced to.

Aye, thought the same. Two going at the same time, and one without a safety net sets alarm bells off.

Top Bottom