• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Upshot (NYT) examines the popularity of 50 American TV shows geographically

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...dynasty-vs-modern-family-television-maps.html

The feature is strong on the election connection but interesting outside of that especially with the most/least similar stuff:
The correlation between fandom and the percentage of people who voted for Mr. Trump was higher for “Duck Dynasty” than it was for any other show.

Try and guess this one*:
The show’s popularity was more correlated with support for Hillary Clinton than any other show.

Duck Dynasty:
duck_dynasty_full.png

Modern Family:

The fifty shows:
Code:
1.Duck Dynasty
2.Love & Hip Hop
3.NCIS
4.The Voice
5.The Daily Show
6.106 & Park
7.Modern Family
8.Family Guy
9.Empire
10.Tosh.0
11.The Big Bang Theory
12.The Simpsons
13.Ridiculousness
14.South Park
15.Game of Thrones
16.The Walking Dead
17.Bad Girls Club
18.Real Housewives of Atlanta
19.The Tonight Show
20.It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
21.Fast n’ Loud
22.The First 48
23.Criminal Minds
24.Deadliest Catch
25.Teen Mom
26.Pawn Stars
27.America’s Funniest Home Videos
28.Grey’s Anatomy
29.Keeping Up With the Kardashians
30.Scandal
31.Saturday Night Live
32.Bones
33.Dancing With the Stars
34.Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory
35.Law & Order: SVU
36.SpongeBob SquarePants
37.Adventure Time
38.MythBusters
39.American Horror Story
40.16 and Pregnant
41.So You Think You Can Dance
42.Pretty Little Liars
43.Cake Boss
44.Wipeout
45.Supernatural
46.American Dad!
47.The Tom and Jerry Show
48.Once Upon a Time
49.Orange Is the New Black
50.The Vampire Diaries

South Park is most popular in the Rockies of Colorado and It's Always Sunny is most popular in Philadelphia amazingly.

Once Upon a Time is most popular in places with high Mormon populations and Orlando.

The south does not care one bit for Daniel Tosh and his internet related antics.

You can also enter a zip code to find out what's most and least popular in your area.

Dice me into a million little pieces and put those pieces in a box, a glass box, that you will display on your mantel if already posted.

DP :/
That top ten though.

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

Always Sunny was robbed.

That top 10 - just threw up in my mouth

Guys.... This isn't a "top shows" list. Read the damn thread.

It is ranked based on the degree to which it's fan base is geographically stratified.

We’ve created a fandom map for each of the top 50 shows, ranked in order of the difference between their highest and lowest fan percentages.

MIMIC

Banned
106 & Park? Ummm...I thought they cancelled that.

The show’s popularity was more correlated with support for Hillary Clinton than any other show.

Guess: SNL?
EDIT: Heh, never would have guessed that.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm pleasantly surprised to see Boise has an above average amount of Daily Show fans and a below average amount of Duck Dynasty fans.

MGrant

Surprised to see the complete drop-off of the Black Belt with regard to the Walking Dead. Not so surprised to see it with regard to Jimmy Fallon. Also, I love how easy it is to point out Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston based on their TV show preferences alone.

DarkKyo

I'm surprised American Dad isn't more popular in the area I live in(north eastern MA), mainly because I love the show.

benjipwns

Banned
They should have mapped Orange is the New Black along with locations for state prisons.
The amount of purple on both Rob Dyrdek shows is fucking mind-boggling.... The whole left side of the US is dark purple
SVU is like an inverse of those or Adventure Time.

So You Think You Can Dance is like an inversed Grey's Anatomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom