• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: Nokia Lumia 925 better than Samsung Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
Lumia 925 review.

IAYqN14.png

Samsung Galaxy S4 Review

GuqA4n4.png

Looks like WP has a better flagship phone than Android does at the moment, according to The Verge.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
What the hell thread is this? :lol

This is the thread version of "So basically X is better than Y" based on review scores...applied to smartphones.

Jado

Banned
More disturbing is that no matter how good they are, non-Apple products never, ever receive better scores from Verge than iPhone.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Looks like WP has a better flagship phone than Android does at the moment, according to The Verge.

I didn't know Android in itself had a 'flagship' phone, only OEMs.

And by your logic, the One is better than both :p

massoluk

Banned
One of their con kinda invalidate the comparison.

"Windows Phone needs more features/apps"
"Sheer number of features can be overwhelming"

Like, wut...

NawidA

Banned
Too much features is a negative now?
If they are not particularly useful and create unneeded clutter/problems, yes.

Also, haha at a single .1 review score difference (is it even from the same writer?) from a single source on a item that's quite subjective to the user meaning something is better than something else.

Blasty

It's hard to take review scores seriously because they're so inconsistant. Something may be considered a con for one phone, but isn't mentioned for another phone.

Cipherr

uwAiJeH.png

5p5gWmL.png

One of their con kinda invalidate the comparison.

"Windows Phone needs more features/apps"
"Sheer number of features can be overwhelming"

Like, wut...

Its going to be interesting watching the major OEM's navigate this.... For some reason recently reviewers have railed HARD against OEM's adding software to the phones. Usefulness of most of this software is subjective, and we are seeing them talk down on it. I wonder how this is going to work in the future.

Using decimal points in reviews is idiotic, which is par for the course for a site like The Verge.

Look at some of those cons, "lack of color options" are you fucking five years old? Do you need it in Magenta for it to be a better phone?

NawidA

Banned
Using decimal points in reviews is idiotic, which is par for the course for a site like The Verge.

Look at some of those cons, "lack of color options" are you fucking five years old? Do you need it in Magenta for it to be a better phone?
The previous color options on the Lumias were really nice and helped the phone stand out.

ITT: People either don't understand reviews, the points in the reviews, or/and the futility of comparing scores.

TheVerge / Polygon makes me uncomfortable. Something about them strikes me as incredible untrustworthy. But amazing layout. I went past a coffee shop, and I saw 3-4 people on the outside browsing TheVerge at the same time. Also all on Apple laptops too! Never seen that before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom