• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best looking console to date?

rubenburgt

I misread another thread as, well, the title of this thread, and it made me wonder which console is actually the best looking.

So forget about its game library, its specifications, its brand and only look at the aesthetics.

I for one like the GameCube design.
I'm a sucker for simplicity, and its rectangular shape with an handlebar is just great in my opinion. Not to mention it's purple color and disc tray at the top made it more memorable for me. I just love it. I even like the controller. It had analog triggers and button surrounding the most used button, which is the A-button. It's a really good designed controller. Only the C-stick was annoying.

Which console or handheld do you consider the best looking device?

Last edited:

Von Hugh

nintendo_wii.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
There’s a lot of stunners.

DS Lite
New 3DS (regular size)
PS Vita 2000 (Japanese colours; Lime Green)

PS3 Slim (not super slim)
PS4 and PS4 Slim were hot

Game Cube, Wii and Switch

360 S, One X, Series S & X

All great designs in my opinion.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Sony have had a fairly good good:bad ratio with their consoles, not too many bad ones overall

PS1: good
PSone: even better, nice rounded design
PS2: great, rotating logo is good detail
PS2 (slim): impressively tiny
PS3 (fat): not a big fan of gloss but the touch buttons were nice
PS3 (slim): much better looking then fatty
PS3 (super slim): looks like it’s made from scraps
PS4s: they’re all very similar, not bad
PS5: has a great personality

What do people think of the Wii Mini? The forgotten last ditch effort that no one asked for:
Wii-Mini-DVD.jpg

Say what you will about the Wii U, but I love its design. Very compact and sleek.
wii_u_console_black_32gb_3_large__6.jpg

NikuNashi

SNES will always be my favorite, it was a magical time, I lusted after that thing, spent months looking at pictures and imagined what it would be like to own it. I still remember sliding off the plastic packaging and seeing, touching and smelling it for the first time. A seminal moment in my life.

skit_data

I like the more subtle Series X and the PS4 designs, but there are more iconic ones of which the PS5 is probably the most iconic to date.

MrSec84

I know people love to hate on it, but the PS5 is my choice, I love it standing vertically next too my TV.
I also love my launch PS3 and 360 Elite, but TBH I've at least liked the designs of each of the systems I have added to my collection of systems over the years.

Top Bottom